The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tokyo Olympics

-DLC-

8 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I really love that local race walker, Evan Dunfee, fuels with a gel called Endurance Tap which is literally maple syrup (sea salt and a ginger blend)!  How Canadian!

IOC and it’s politics aside, I love watching all the stories about he athletes that happen during the Games.

21BD11F4-4B58-4F84-AC2F-FD153332C60F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

U.S Men’s basketball team always gets the coverage going back to 1992.

Women’s teams have been so dominant and winning their 7th gold medal in a row. 

Wasn’t even close in Tokyo, if they played at full speed every game, they would have won every game by 40 points.  

13 hours ago, Jaimito said:

They should not have animals in the Olympics. What is next? A dog show?  

Dude equestrian jumping is one thing...but dressage is in the Olympics...

Pick any part of the 3 hour plus clip to watch this stupidity. The only way to have a more 1% sport would be to add polo...

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

U.S Men’s basketball team always gets the coverage going back to 1992.

Women’s teams have been so dominant and winning their 7th gold medal in a row. 

Wasn’t even close in Tokyo, if they played at full speed every game, they would have won every game by 40 points.  

Neither is impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Pick any part of the 3 hour plus clip to watch this stupidity. The only way to have a more 1% sport would be to add polo...

I want to add...I was more of a &^@#ing Olympian with my level of partying and showing up to work every day during the 2010 games than that BS. 

• Haha 2

Just now, CBH1926 said:

How so?

The US winning at basketball? With the amount of people and collegiate systems in place to ever lose would be a farce at this point. Hell losing a single game for the men should be a national embarrassment. 

What's impressive is how competitive some of the far smaller nations are. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

The US winning at basketball? With the amount of people and collegiate systems in place to ever lose would be a farce at this point. Hell losing a single game for the men should be a national embarrassment. 

What's impressive is how competitive some of the far smaller nations are. 

So based on that logic considering that Canada has most registered hockey players every single gold medal should have been won by Canada?

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

So based on that logic considering that Canada has most registered hockey players every single gold medal should have been won by Canada?

No. They didn't allow pros forever so our best were in the NHL while the Red Army raked in the medals. But if the best are allowed to compete then yes we should win. However, in hockey some nations are catching up. The US has a lot more players than they used to. When nations like Sweden, Finland etc out perform us it is far more impressive than Canada winning. 

There is nothing like the US collegiate system for sports for women anywhere else in the world. Canadian women sure benefit from it too. 

Edited by Gnarcore
grammar
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

No legs required? Interesting, I'll have to take a look.    :)

Kelsey Mitchell does have quads, that's for certain. Did you see the highlights of the oval crash? One cyclist was run over in the multiple bike crash. How she got up and competed after was amazing.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Billy Connolly does a funny bit about "doing the Dressage" after leaving the bar, having had a few too many....

• Cheers 1

I've been thinking about a "top 10" 2021 Canadian Olympic moments....

1. Women's Soccer Gold

2. Degrasse 200m Gold

3. Damian Warner Decathlon Gold

4. Maggie MacNeil Gold

5. Women's softball Bronze

6. Penny's record breaking Bronze

7. Kelsey Mitchell Gold

8. Women's 8 rowing Gold

9. Maude Charron weightlifting Gold

10. Degrasse earning the 4 x 100m Bronze for his team, after starting his leg well behind....

What's your top 10?