The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tokyo Olympics

Rate this topic

On 6/29/2021 at 9:32 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

C'mon, Team Canada - kick China's ass all over the court!  Do it for the 2Mikes!  

Mission accomplished there. Now they face a couple of must wins in order to qualify. First up, the Czechs in the semis and the winner of Turkey - Greece if they make it to the finals.

• Vintage 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just read that an American sprinter has received a ban for testing positive for Marijuana....

Why are the Olympics so hard on weed? It's certainly isn't performance enhancing, unless your definition of "performance" is the ability to lie on the couch and polish off an entire bag of Doritos....:unsure:

Not if you shake that bag of Doritos at the finish line - although might end up with a lot of false starts.  :bigblush:

edit -

Replace "Temptations" with "Doritos", and replace cats with stoners, et voilà!

:lol:

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother
  • Hydration 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope.  Still not crazy about it.

Canadian Olympic Team Collection x Levi's Unisex Replica Closing Ceremony Trucker Jacket

Price reduced from$198to $138.60

Canadian Olympic Team Collection x Levi's Unisex Replica Closing Ceremony Trucker Jacket, INDIGO, hi-res

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Canadian Olympic Team Collection x Levi's Unisex Replica Closing Ceremony Trucker Jacket

Canadian Olympic Team Collection x Levi's Unisex Replica Closing Ceremony Trucker Jacket, INDIGO, hi-res

Yuk!  Our athletes are wearing these?  

image.png.967289c44e723e5b3db1d7f37a7c8b96.png

14 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

I think this is #1 reason I might ignore the Olympics this time. I like denim, but not for an Olympic Uniform.

Those ugly red cowboy outfits for Calgary were bad enough, but at least they were better than this. 

• Hydration 1
23 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

They should have this on the back:

The majestic Canadian beaver riding a goose while wearing a maple leaf  bikini #funny #majestic #canadian #beaver… | Happy canada day, Canadian  things, Canadian flag

• Haha 4
On 7/19/2021 at 4:02 PM, UnkNuk said:

Overpriced by a factor of two.  And my wife's niece, who just entered grade school last year, can do a better graffiti job than what's portrayed here.  Heck, my wife's nephew, who isn't even in grade school yet, could probably do better than this.

I think those athletes that have chosen to go to the Olympics should consider their birthday suit as an alternative to wearing this amateur waste of perfectly good denim.

People are really critical of this Olympics, and not without reason, but damn if I'm not going to ignore the complaints when 99% of the people who are bitching will sit on their hands when 2022 happens because China is a lot more powerful than Japan, and will make sure mainstream media don't report on all the reasons why 2022 shouldn't happen.

Canada's uniforms are &^@#ing ugly.

Hahaha,

I thought that post with the denim uni was a joke....O to the M and then the G....  That, is embarrassing.

I'm not watching anymore Olymipics anyway. How can anyone support the IOC? sorry athletes.

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Hahaha,

I thought that post with the denim uni was a joke....O to the M and then the G....  That, is embarrassing.

I'm not watching anymore Olymipics anyway. How can anyone support the IOC? sorry athletes.

I've always been more of a winter games kinda guy - though I'm giving the '22 games a miss as well.

• Hydration 1

Canada's Women's soccer team allowed a late equalizer to Japan and earned a 1-1 draw in their opener....

That slight disappointment is mitigated somewhat by the fact that the US lost 3 - Nil to Sweden....

41 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Canada's Women's soccer team allowed a late equalizer to Japan and earned a 1-1 draw in their opener....

That slight disappointment is mitigated somewhat by the fact that the US lost 3 - Nil to Sweden....

The greatest  Canadian soccer player, so far, also scored.

Well done Christine!

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
On 4/15/2021 at 10:07 PM, UnkNuk said:

Or we could go back to the way it used to be - both Olympics in the same year.  Say, 2022, with any luck.  Then go back to the established schedule.

That's so crazy it might work!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's so crazy it might work!!!!!

Until you get one in the northern hemisphere and the other in the southern hemisphere.  Then multi-season olympians will have to choose between one or the other.  For example, if Clara Hughes were still going at it, she'd have to choose between speed skating and cycling.

Let's get real here what's more important a sporting event or peoples lives ? 

Over 15,000 people have died in Japan since the pandemic began most of them this year.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-22/tokyo-olympics-highest-coronavirus-cases-reported-in-six-months/100316434

Here in my state/ province we are in our 5th total shutdown since the pandemic began and it started on the back of 15- 20 cases of Covid.