The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Jack Rathbone, Brogan Rafferty, Ashton Sautner

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

For Sautner and Rafferty to be recalled to the NHL roster ahead of Juolevi would suggest that he is one of the taxi squad players still out with Covid.

CapFriendly shows that they would have the cap space to recall Juolevi.  

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, TheCammer said:

Please play Rathbone ahead of Chatfield (the Human Turnstile). Hate to be super critical of Chatfield but his showing this year wasn't remotely good. However, he is still a rookie and I hope we give him some more time this year to see if he can start to pick up on the speed of the game a bit more. 

Still very uncertain how Benn kept getting played ahead of Juolevi this year. Now that he's gone perhaps we can get OJ some decent minutes as well.

Im personally done with Chatfield, now that we have Bowey I dont see him getting anymore games. He is an AHLer 4 life, Rafferty is twice the player Chatfield is.  

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

To clarify,  he's on the active roster or taxi squad?

Taxi squad.  Players can’t be recalled directly from the AHL and have to go through the taxi squad.  It’s part of the transition rules for this season.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Sure as heck hope Jack plays a bunch!  He's been playing very well in Utica and seems to be ready for a go in the bigs.  Are you hearing me Travis?

48 minutes ago, BCNate said:

This is a pretty big day for the Canucks.  Adding Rathbone and Lind for the stretch run here could be huge for saving our season (which I haven't written off quite yet), but also offers a pretty good glimpse into our future.

I think u guys might want to temper expectations.  

30 minutes ago, TheCammer said:

Please play Rathbone ahead of Chatfield (the Human Turnstile). Hate to be super critical of Chatfield but his showing this year wasn't remotely good. 

Chatfield is probably one of the better skaters on the back end right now.  Kinda unfair to judge a guy based on a handful of games where the whole team was struggling.  Despite that, I saw him get caught standing still once by Matthews.  He's definitely a guy that deserves some games. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Chatfield is probably one of the better skaters on the back end right now.  Kinda unfair to judge a guy based on a handful of games where the whole team was struggling.  Despite that, I saw him get caught standing still once by Matthews.  He's definitely a guy that deserves some games. 

Never mind that Chatfield likely has a bottom pair/spare ceiling. He's not supposed to be 'Ekblad'.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Never mind that Chatfield likely has a bottom pair/spare ceiling. He's not supposed to be 'Ekblad'.

I really think he can be a player in the league no different than Stretcher.  Guy needs adjustment time like a lot of new players in the league do, but I think he can figure it out.  

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

22 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I’d didnt state any expectation at all.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I’d didnt state any expectation at all.

You should have. Rathbone, Rafferty and Chatfield are going to be top 3 nominees for the Calder and Norris next season. Petey MVP for breaking all playoff points records on way to 4 consecutive sweeps to win the Cup.

Quote me on it

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Fans losing faith in Benning after the Gaudette for Highmore trade so he’s calling up Rathbone to make us see Benning does some pretty good stuff.

How about the organization losing faith in Gaudette for his probable dilinquence in being the ground zero dude that has made every one sick?

Our full D core won’t be dressed on Sunday,. It’s an opportunity through circumstances for Rathbone .

Hope he does well.

If the rumours at true about Gaudette, I’d have is ass on the first train outta town too.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 4

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Rathbone is the one defender in our system that could dethrone Hughes as our #1 defensemen, imo.

Skill, edge, speed, and full 200 foot game.

To say I am excited to see him play is an understatement.

Let's not get carried away here...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

For Sautner and Rafferty to be recalled to the NHL roster ahead of Juolevi would suggest that he is one of the taxi squad players still out with Covid.

CapFriendly shows that they would have the cap space to recall Juolevi.  

Man, Juolevi is really unlucky, if this is true.

3 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Just need to call up gadjovich now. Hes too good for AHL

I think it is really important to keep in mind, this is the weakest the AHL has ever been so play this year is not really indicative of improvement.

Take out 4-6 guys from the AHL to be sitting on each taxi squad and you have taken most of the best 125-175 players out of the AHL.. and filled in the empty slots with ECHL level guys.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1