The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Canuck prospect/newcomer are you most excited to see this year?

Rate this topic

fanfor42

Which Canucks prospect are you most looking forward to seeing?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, a rookie will have to do force his way to the line up cause this staff is not very fond of playing an unknown rookie versus a vet.    Also, if the rookie dresses there is no guarantee he will see any legit minutes; ofcourse, if the team was competing for a playoff spot then play the vets but this season is a wash - so why not, play the rookie(s) in preparation for next year and showcase the future for the fans but (good chance) JB will double down with an expensive mentoring type (bottom 6) support type player to shelter the rookies (or take minutes away).  

Preferably, it would had been nice to see OJ get a legit chance like Chatfield did in this shorten season; I guess, if he is pencilled in for a spot next year, OJ will just have to learn in the NHL level when he gets his ice time next year (?).  

15 games out of 37 wasn't a "legit chance"? I guess it would surprise you to know Chatfield only got 10 games? 

I want him to succeed as much as the next guy, but the Joulevi apologists around here are just brutal. He'll get his chance, but its not like he was some 2nd coming defensive messiah in his 15 games. He was OK in a sheltered bottom role, and brought about the same as Benn, maybe minus some toughness and plus some passing. Nowhere near worth the amount of crying he gets around here. 

However many Green can shoehorn into the lineup.

But especially Rathbone, Gadjovich, and Lind.

This is the one end of season that, even if when the game is playing I can't help cheer them on to win it, I don't really want them to go on a fluke run here.  And watch the stars get big in Green's eyes, and he thinks there is hope to get into the playoffs. And then predictably sits the prospects and plugs up the lineup with "reliable vets" like Beagle, Rousell, even Little Things.  And overplays Demko even back to back, and we don't see DePietro much if at all.

Most likely not make it anyways.  And if we did, it would mean we would rush Petey back, and enter the playoffs exhausted just getting into them. I highly doubt we'd make it out of that first round.  I guess the one plus would be the experience for the youth. 

But I'd rather they looked at these final games more realistically, and instead took the opportunity to see just what they have on the docket for next season.

Although I am really looking forward to seeing how Rathbone and Lind do, when it came to voting I decided on Olli.  I think about all the bad luck he has had with injuries during his journey to Vancouver.  I really want to see him do well in the final games but, once again, he is the only one of the players on the OPs list that was in the group that had Covid19, so he may be at a disadvantage when it comes to ice time.

13 hours ago, Davathor said:

15 games out of 37 wasn't a "legit chance"? I guess it would surprise you to know Chatfield only got 10 games? 

I want him to succeed as much as the next guy, but the Joulevi apologists around here are just brutal. He'll get his chance, but its not like he was some 2nd coming defensive messiah in his 15 games. He was OK in a sheltered bottom role, and brought about the same as Benn, maybe minus some toughness and plus some passing. Nowhere near worth the amount of crying he gets around here. 

Chatfiled was playing with Edler before the staff discovered he wasn't ready - is were I am coming from, when I say legit; ofcourse, it can be argued that he is a RHD and not a LHD (like OJ), is probably why Chatfield got that shot (?).   

Only way to find out what OJ is at the NHL level is to play him but the staff went with known vet lineup that still depended on a stellar goaltending to win; but I can understand why (a lame duck) Green decided to go with players he knows & trusts.   Personally, it seems obvious with the rough start in this shorten season that it was going to be an uphill battle to make the playoffs and it was (mostly) watching the future that has kept me engaged: Hogz (glad he forced himself in the line up), Demko, OJ & etc.   Hope to see the team showcase the future and play these rookies in preparation for next year but JBs' offseason potential signing(s) will be the biggest x factor for next seasons roster, if any of these rookies will even get in.