The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim the Scout, not the Asset Manager

Rate this topic

Makaramel MacKhiato

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Reality?

There's no break from that Chico.

I've countered... I've lost count on how many of your 'points' and asked you to back up literally anything rather than just relying on media driven narrative and...

alt-5a8f2aef44513-4922-a8566d24a1fff9cf6

I am not going to waste my time......the funny part is you know the truth.........

and you will shape it the way you want..........go ahead.........

And I ask, why don't you prove your opinion?

All you have done so far is deny mine...............

Well prove yours

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am not going to waste my time......the funny part is you know the truth.........

I do! Mine doesn't involve narratives, conjecture, hyperbole etc.

and you will shape it the way you want..........go ahead.........

And I ask, why don't you prove your opinion?

I'm not the one asserting we should have moved more vets etc. Make an assertion, back it up. Pretty simple.

All you have done so far is deny mine...............

Well prove yours

Prove what exactly? I'm not making silly assertions.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I do! Mine doesn't involve narratives, conjecture, hyperbole etc.

I'm not the one asserting we should have moved more vets etc. Make an assertion, back it up. Pretty simple.

Prove what exactly? I'm not making silly assertions.

Pss off!

It is my opinion

you don't have to like it

but hiding behind a screen and being a mouth piece

is just ridiculous

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Reality?

There's no break from that Chico.

I've countered... I've lost count on how many of your 'points' and asked you to back up literally anything rather than just relying on media driven narrative and...

alt-5a8f2aef44513-4922-a8566d24a1fff9cf6

For me it’s enough with Pearsons contract. 
Pearsonlike players had to sign contracts between 0.7 to 1,5 mill because of the pandemic you spoke of.

So why did Benning hand out over 3 mill?

it’s equivalent of at least 3 bottom six players, 4 if you like

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Pearsonlike players had to sign contracts between 0.7 to 1,5 mill because of the pandemic you spoke of.

I'd sign you for $3m Timra. You can be my overpaid 13th F.

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd sign you for $3m Timra. You can be my overpaid 13th F.

You must have been trained by Benning personally it seems.

For 3 mill I definately am willing to be Loui the 2nd. :bigblush:
I even change my name for that kind of money. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

This makes a lot of sense.  I might poke around that site - sounds like the kind of stuff I’d like to dig into.

Myers plays a ton of minutes but kind of rotates around with different partners.  Also not surprising to see him okay a lot with Gaudette, who seriously struggled this year.  

Not an easy task this season. 

Of course, no one in the media or blogosphere bothers looking into the “why” of Myers’ numbers.  When you can post a jfresh chart and reference his salary you can get all the interaction you need without any real thought. 

they do a good job of explaining how a good player can have negative corsi on a bad team.since myers plays the majority of his minutes with the bottom 6 and also "almost" evenly spread out with the other defenders, the numbers are favored negatively. 

it's the bloody eye test, hughes is always hopping over the boards when we have possession and especially if its the top line. schmidt and edler jump over the boards with BO, and Myers gets sutters and beagles line.

iv'e spent hours and hours on the site, reading how the numbers are crunched.

i've also spent alot of time reading how the collapsing system works, and it explains how loui erikkson was a boost to horvat and pearson last year. Loui erikkson often played the centers role of BO's job, instead of erikkson grinding in the corners it was bo. LE was the hover guy hanging around the circle, he played with one foot out of the offensive zone ready to retreat (normally the centers job) bo maintained his role in defensive situations, however.

http://www.puckiq.com/

https://www.nhl.com/news/jim-corsi-describes-strategies-to-beat-shot-blocking-defenses/c-293981674

i really like tthis article it shows you how to not play the collapsing system

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2013/11/4/5059676/collapsing-defensively-leafs-coaching-breakouts-101

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

they do a good job of explaining how a good player can have negative corsi on a bad team.since myers plays the majority of his minutes with the bottom 6 and also "almost" evenly spread out with the other defenders, the numbers are favored negatively. 

it's the bloody eye test, hughes is always hopping over the boards when we have possession and especially if its the top line. schmidt and edler jump over the boards with BO, and Myers gets sutters and beagles line.

iv'e spent hours and hours on the site, reading how the numbers are crunched.

i've also spent alot of time reading how the collapsing system works, and it explains how loui erikkson was a boost to horvat and pearson last year. Loui erikkson often played the centers role of BO's job, instead of erikkson grinding in the corners it was bo. LE was the hover guy hanging around the circle, he played with one foot out of the offensive zone ready to retreat (normally the centers job) bo maintained his role in defensive situations, however.

http://www.puckiq.com/

https://www.nhl.com/news/jim-corsi-describes-strategies-to-beat-shot-blocking-defenses/c-293981674

i really like tthis article it shows you how to not play the collapsing system

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2013/11/4/5059676/collapsing-defensively-leafs-coaching-breakouts-101

So the reason why Horvat liked Loui is that Loui took over the C responsibilites in offence? 

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So the reason why Horvat liked Loui is that Loui took over the C responsibilites in offence? 

everything except the scoring, the wingers are supposed to feed the center in the slot/ top of the circle, (somewhere in that area) remember how many grade A chances he had in front of the net? just to slide it along the ice right into the pads? 

it was the little things

2 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

everything except the scoring, the wingers are supposed to feed the center in the slot/ top of the circle, (somewhere in that area) remember how many grade A chances he had in front of the net? just to slide it along the ice right into the pads? 

it was the little things

Can you also see why Pearson got over 3 mill? 
After I watched a few other teams and valued pandemic contracts I think he is a bit overpaid.

9 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Can you also see why Pearson got over 3 mill? 
After I watched a few other teams and valued pandemic contracts I think he is a bit overpaid.

i think this year is different than last year, a new team is adding 81.5 million to the pool of salaries.

but comparing contracts with last years contracts i valued his work at 2.8M. theres been 3 other comparables this month and LA'S Iafallo was the closest, they also have very high tax bracket, so that makes sense.

time will tell, but I believe there will be way less 1 year covid deals.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Please elaborate?   And provide examples.  Hope you find some because it's going to waste a few hours of your time.    Guess what - Pearson was a plus three his first game back.   

This is a straw man position.   Flat cap means flat cap.   Not less cap.   Well actually for Pearson it was less cap, by 500k or so.    Fair deal.   Idiotic stance because you can't compare him to the leafs fourth line.   And you can't compare him to fringe NHLers because he's not that.   I hoped he trade him too, only because i don't have all the data and wasn't sure we could afford him.  As a middle six LW he's right where he should be pay wise for a UFA.     Wake up and look around at what other teams are paying for guys his age and with his experience.   .7-1.4 is for fringe guys, swan song guys, for ELC and bridge deals on tweeners and that's it. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Please elaborate?   And provide examples.  Hope you find some because it's going to waste a few hours of your time.    Guess what - Pearson was a plus three his first game back.   

This is a straw man position.   Flat cap means flat cap.   Not less cap.   Well actually for Pearson it was less cap, by 500k or so.    Fair deal.   Idiotic stance because you can't compare him to the leafs fourth line.   And you can't compare him to fringe NHLers because he's not that.   I hoped he trade him too, only because i don't have all the data and wasn't sure we could afford him.  As a middle six LW he's right where he should be pay wise for a UFA.     Wake up and look around at what other teams are paying for guys his age and with his experience.   .7-1.4 is for fringe guys, swan song guys, for ELC and bridge deals on tweeners and that's it. 

Ok, it is a bit unfair to compare him to below 2 mill players.

I got a bit carried away because of all the cheap pandemic contracts.