The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 20, 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Wrist injuries are complicated.  It could be that the imaging found a hairline fracture or there could be some ligament damage.  It may take some time/treatments to get his full range of motion back.  Might as well shut him down until next season and give him the full meal deal in treatment.

Especially considering that he's s shooter who really needs wrist action to be at 100%.  It may explain all that time we spent yelling "SHOOOOOT PETEY" as he maybe had something going on?

I hate that he's broken.  He is missed big time.

• Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Wrist injuries are complicated.  It could be that the imaging found a hairline fracture or there could be some ligament damage.  It may take some time/treatments to get his full range of motion back.  Might as well shut him down until next season and give him the full meal deal in treatment.

Worse yet, if you break the scaphoid bone, it's shaped like a peanut with both the blood supply and exit on the same end. If the bone breaks, it can lose blood supply to one side, and it can die.

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

Worse yet, if you break the scaphoid bone, it's shaped like a peanut with both the blood supply and exit on the same end. If the bone breaks, it can lose blood supply to one side, and it can die.

Which is what happened to my Dad.  Not good.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, SNuck said:

I think the leading theory is a wrist issue, but we've had no info at all, which is a bit frustrating. 

There's too much predatory trash like the Tkachuk Brothers. Most teams have a few dirt bags on them that don't have morals and will go after guys to hurt them. 

If your speculation is right and it is a wrist injury then I %100 support Jim and co for hiding details. I think you're right and it is wrist... 

But it's best kept quiet. 

When Brady or Matthew read headlines like that they will absolutely target and slash at Peteys wrist. 

Sometimes as a fan we should just let the team run their process. We shouldn't feel entitled to know injury details. We're not their mothers and have no right to medical info imo. 

Too many cheap shot artists out there to expose where they can slash or cross check. 

I'm %100 ok with it being hush hush and trust our medical staff will do their jobs

No point spilling injury details to please a few fans when it could actually hurt the player long term by exposing them to predatory cheap shotters

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Everything is smaller these days. Ice cream sandwiches are half the size they used to be. Yet it's all more expensive.  

Drives me nuts when chip companies remove chips from the bag rather than upping the price.  They do one or two steps then sell on an “now larger” format back at the original size 

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, xereau said:

He was a great player at the WJC, and still has not even come close to realizing his potential.

Another sleeper pick up, and though Jimbo hasn't said it yet that I'm aware, it wouldn't surprise me if he's had his eye on Bowey for several years, much like with Motte.

Jim Sandlak looked like Eric Lindros in the WJC.  Laffs went with bust Pogge over Vezina winner Rask I think based on a strong WJC.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan