The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 20, 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Thats a slippery slope. The goaltender is 90% mental 

And Rittich is a very mental goalie. Ever since that stick flip against Edmonton after which he got chased, he's never been the same. Something like a .890 since. No way he survives in Toronto.

What a game though. So good. Let's hope we sweep Ottawa, I love watching them though so it should be fun. 

Maybe we can just laugh after.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dirtman said:

And Rittich is a very mental goalie. Ever since that stick flip against Edmonton after which he got chased, he's never been the same. Something like a .890 since. No way he survives in Toronto.

What a game though. So good. Let's hope we sweep Ottawa, I love watching them though so it should be fun. 

Maybe we can just laugh after.

Agree with you on Big Save Dave. He was one of the few players I didn’t mind on Calgary. He has a touching story about it brother I believe. Anyway after the batter dance he joined the rest of the Flames for me hah. 

Looking forward to some Murray laughs too there friend. Although I think we need to be realistic. I’m sure there’s some people thinking we should sweep the Sens I don’t think it’s gonna be that easy.

Having said that, am I excited? Hell yeah I am!

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

EzeNSyOXEAALmLt?format=jpg&name=medium

Zubov did that in the lamest period of NHL history. Incredible talent that guy was, and what an incredible talent Quinn is!

I am very interested in what the team decides as Quinn's partner, for this singular move will define the team moving forward. By this, I mean in the next couple seasons, for when Quinn has a long term deal done. A real #2, someone with the speed and IQ to keep up, but is mostly a bigger defender.

He's an incredible talent, and we're so lucky to have him.

Edited by xereau
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bure2Win said:

Rittich absolutely stunk tonight.....but hey i'll take it.  lol

It's nice when we don't make a backup / 3rd stringer look like a Vezina candidate and instead get them looking like a backup / third stringer.

Feels real nice actually.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Wait... they are so bad they can’t be estimated any lower... or it would be a mistake t underestimate them?

Ottawa has shocked some teams with some wins if you haven't been paying attention. They're not as bad as their standings says they are.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Because its not like the whiny self entitled "leadership" of the team will step up to explain that epic bed $&!#ting.

Maybe they should have put Willie Nye the scoring guy out there to explain how he feels about missing a team meeting and still drawing into the lineup. Team chemistry is gonna take a hit.

• Cheers 2

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Maybe they should have put Willie Nye the scoring guy out there to explain how he feels about missing a team meeting and still drawing into the lineup. Team chemistry is gonna take a hit.

I don't think it necessarily will because they already seem to have that dynamic every other day of the top players are prima donna whiny me first players anyway.

All they seem to care about is padding their personal stats. Tavares, Nylander, Marner, Matthews, etc. They all seem to be cut from that cloth.

Those guys got their points but it was guys like Thornton, Spezza, Simmonds, etc that seemed to be the ones doing the work all over the ice to try to actually win the game.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Ottawa has shocked some teams with some wins if you haven't been paying attention. They're not as bad as their standings says they are.

We seem to have their number, just like Montreal seemingly has ours.

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 1