The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 20, 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, xereau said:

We seem to have their number, just like Montreal seemingly has ours.

I think the last two games the Sens came back to from a 2 goal deficit to make it to OT.

I wouldn't count out the Sens yet, they also beat Calgary and Montreal recently and these are teams that had the Canucks's number this season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Is it just me or did their coach seem like he was trying to act calm and steady the ship but on the inside was really freaking out like Jerry Maguire when he got fired?

Rittich was not good but Keefe threw him under the bus so hard he probably threw his back out.

That's the kind of comments which can get guys fired.

I told god i would believe in him if he sent the leafs on an 0-12 run and the Canucks on a 12-0 run to shut up that moron Damien Cox. 

Two things. First, apparently God is listening. 1-0 Canucks and 0-1 Leafs. Good start god.

Second, has anyone checked in on Damuen Cox. I dont think he should be alone tonight. God knows what he will tweet.

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

48 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Maybe they should have put Willie Nye the scoring guy out there to explain how he feels about missing a team meeting and still drawing into the lineup. Team chemistry is gonna take a hit.

Does anyone else feel like Keefe decided to punish Nylander and sit him (hence the practice jersey) only to have Dubas or some other executive bonehead demand that he put him in the lineup hence the about face?

I feel like this is a big hit on Keefe's credibility.

Couple things, I just caught the replay of the game, and wow holtby looks better, and Hughes looked far more dynamic than he did the first half.

4 unanswered goals to finish the third period was fantastic, especially against the Leafs. 

I really hope they got more in the tank for Ottawa, it's not going to be easy. 

I wonder how Rathbone and Bowey will factor into the line up? It'd be a shame if Rathbone got called up quarantined for a week  only to be sent back to  Utica. I'm sure he'll get a game but that means Juolevi sits again. 

Tough decision ahead for Green and co. 

I like the idea of sending wave after wave of fresh troops nightly, with Rooster out we'll probably see Motte, or if he's not ready MacEwan the next game. 

• Vintage 2

33 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Didn't get to see the game until now...

Man is Holtby a changed person... He has been so strong these last two games against Leafs. 

And a huge shout out to the 2 players being shat on all the time... Pearson and Sutter... 

New guys seem to bring a lot of energy to the line up as well....

Great stuff...

Holtby looking like old Holtby (or should that be young Holtby) if he keeps this up he will end up at Seattle 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

Totally true. Ottawa is actually a tougher test, with a different game plan. They are a good team. I hope our coaching staff prepares the right way

I'm sure not many of us felt we had a good chance of beating TO even once...considering.   That was evident before and during Sunday's game (down 2-0....).   We did and what an awesome return to play for the guys.    OTT is a tougher match up physically then TO, they are also well coached given the skill level and youth on that team have done not bad, and better recently.   Last time each time we beat them they came back and were better each time (and threw everything including the kitchen sink at the net).    Feel winning 3 of 4 is doable, but wouldn't be surprised, and OK with a split.   4-0 is what we need to put the screws into MTL..with this team right now, anything feels possible.    TG has them zoned in and in it to win it.    Hope we can start the series with a W and build on that. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, xereau said:

Zubov did that in the lamest period of NHL history. Incredible talent that guy was, and what an incredible talent Quinn is!

I am very interested in what the team decides as Quinn's partner, for this singular move will define the team moving forward. By this, I mean in the next couple seasons, for when Quinn has a long term deal done. A real #2, someone with the speed and IQ to keep up, but is mostly a bigger defender.

He's an incredible talent, and we're so lucky to have him.

The early 90's had a great mix of talent from the 80's still, and a massive insertion of talent that would go on and play through much of the 2000's..Sakic, Sundin, Modano, Zubov, Forsberg, Bure, Selanne, Kariya...WG, Mario, Yzerman, and yes even Messier who was at the peak of his powers right until we signed him lol...Al Mac, Chelios, Leetch, Gartner, Gilmore, Fleury, Neely, Joe New, Lidstrom, Murphy,Borque, Pronger, Coffey, Blake, Francis, Recchi, i could carry on with a wall of text really. To me it was some of the best hockey ever played.   Pre-cap so teams could load up.. IMO the most talent the league has ever had all at once.   21 Teams.   Minimal dilution and every team had at least one enforcer on it, although goons like Parker and Twist were finding their way into the league.   Look at the size of our players from 89-95.   Compare the rosters to today or 2011 even.    It was a bigger, more talented time.    A lot of the speed we see now is because of no redline, but speed also existed in spades back then too.   As did power forwards like Stevens, Neely, Leclair, Lindros, Clark, Shanny, Little ball of Hate etc etc etc.