The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 22, 7 p.m. | SNP, RDS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's funny how much things have changed over the past month or two.

Everyone was certain Toronto and Montreal...the "elite"teams...would just blow right through.  Now that other teams are having to crank their schedules up a bit to match what we've already gone through, it's funny how some are really starting to struggle.  A good lesson in this...it ain't over till it's over.  Don't write teams off or pencil them in too quickly.  

I feel MTL over achieved as much as we’ve under achieved.  Things are starting to balance out.  3-7-0 their last ten with us getting closer and closer every day.  Coaching  change earlier in the year points to something not being right in their world and now Price gone a week plus.  Doubt will be setting in at one point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, brownky said:

As long as they approach Ottawa as 'better than Toronto', the Canucks have a good chance.

Ottawa aren't by any stretch 'a joke' or a free win - they started absolutely terribly, but have been playing better as of late (unlike most of the rest of the North).

The Leafs thought Vancouver was a free couple wins, played it as such and look where that went.

Looking for a hard fought game here. Hopefully we come out the right side of it.

I don’t think TO had that mentality (free wins) after game 1 losing in OT, they wanted to win both games especially last night we just had the better goaltending and fire to win. We forget pre Team Covid we were still a good team, this is the NHL no such thing as freebie games. Give the boys credit because they deserve it. Let’s go win one game at a time who cares about what everyone else is doing. :towel:

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

How crazy is it, that if this team goes .750 to close out the season, that playoffs are STILL in the works?

Montreal and Calgary both crapped the bed in our down time.

Strange days have found us.

After what last night did to TO’s mental state we could finish ahead of them with those numbers 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

I feel MTL over achieved as much as we’ve under achieved.  Things are starting to balance out.  3-7-0 their last ten with us getting closer and closer every day.  Coaching  change earlier in the year points to something not being right in their world and now Price gone a week plus.  Doubt will be setting in at one point.

I pegged the Habs to win the North going into this season. I admit I hadn't watched a lot of Montreal games last few seasons and boy am I shocked. Shocked at how far Weber and Price have slipped in play. The combination of their cap hit and deteriorating play is a lethal combo. Add to that Gallagher's aging body with tough mileage on it and that team is in big trouble going forward. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I pegged the Habs to win the North going into this season. I admit I hadn't watched a lot of Montreal games last few seasons and boy am I shocked. Shocked at how far Weber and Price have slipped in play. The combination of their cap hit and deteriorating play is a lethal combo. Add to that Gallagher's aging body with tough mileage on it and that team is in big trouble going forward. 

I’ve lived in MTL for almost 20 years so am closer to it.  I had VAN and MTL finishing anywhere 3-6 with a slight edge to VAN after we signed Hamonic.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I wish hockey was still a bit more physical..

Everytime i see a guy go into boards never take body.. try to go for puck it makes me yearn for old times

When you go into boards atleast a good bump.. doesn't have to be heavy hit just a bump would suffice.. 

I hear you. I've watched some Oilers game and I get it's tough to hit a guy like McD. So tough to gap him and he will lateral the second you commit. What gets me is where I've seen guys turn away from hitting him when they can, in games that have gotten away. I mean, the game is out of hand, why not finish a check on this guy. Not just McD. It's rampant. And anyone can be a net front presence now. Some coaches even teach to let the opponent between yourself and the goalie in front of the net. Worry about the shot. It's just so weird on the eyes.

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1

We have had success against them this season they will be out to prove themselves and play spoiler to any Cinderella nonsense. Our best chance of sweeping them is  to strike first and grind their confidence. 

I feel like the Sens will come out hard after Nux just lay'd smack down on the Leafs. If they can push through the bluster the sens will roll over and allow the whales to eviscerate them.  

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Even though it's only OTT, the Canucks won't let up at all down the stretch, every game is a must win. Sens better be ready for the hungriest team in the league.

yer naut frum arund hare ar yuh