The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 22, 7 p.m. | SNP, RDS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Great to see Demko on the bench too, if Holtby is playing like this, the Canucks will have superb goaltending down the stretch.

Gotta say I've really liked Hamonic's game this year, he's done well with Hughes as a partner, provides some physical play, good character guy. I hope Benning re-signs him. 

Absolutely 2.25x2, get it done JB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rekker said:

I pegged the Habs to win the North going into this season. I admit I hadn't watched a lot of Montreal games last few seasons and boy am I shocked. Shocked at how far Weber and Price have slipped in play. The combination of their cap hit and deteriorating play is a lethal combo. Add to that Gallagher's aging body with tough mileage on it and that team is in big trouble going forward. 

They are significantly overrated in my mind. I had the Toronto Maple Leafs in first.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dixon Ward said:

I really enjoy watching this team and with Juolevi, Rathbone, and Podkolzin on the horizon it's only going to get better. 

They always say you build through the draft.

Demko, EP, Hughes, Boeser, Hogs, Virtanen, Podz, Juolevi, Rathbone, Lind, Woo, Tryamkin, have to be the best drafted group we've ever had.  

If this isn't enough for fans, what does it take?

I always thought the mid 2000s group was decent.

Bieksa, Bourdon, Edler, Ohlund and Cooke (end of careers), Hansen, Kesler, Raymond, Sedin, Sedin (also out of window), Grabner, Rypien, Schneider.

Decent.

Edited by Chris12345

34 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I always thought the mid 2000s group was decent.

Bieksa, Bourbon, Edler, Ohlund and Cooke (end of careers), Hansen, Kesler, Raymond, Sedin, Sedin (also out of window), Grabner, Rypien, Schneider.

Decent.

I see you slipped in some bourbon. Don't forget my Tequila! :P Yes, those were happy years!

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

ugh just realized, MTL and Flames play each other the next three games coming up.

So?

We want Flames to win all 3 if possible. They still wouldn’t catch the Habs, and we’d still have like 6 games in hand.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So?

We want Flames to win all 3 if possible. They still wouldn’t catch the Habs, and we’d still have like 6 games in hand.

yeah just checked the standings also calgary played more games

5 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Catching Montreal would be like

tenor.gif

You know what would be great about that?

We broke yelly screamy Leafs man and probably the Leaf's confidence.

We could also break Mon confidence and fanbase. 

We would hurt TSN and SN people too.

Let' go for the playoffs! 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

ugh just realized, MTL and Flames play each other the next three games coming up.

Go Marky. I’m not worried about the Flames just hope they can beat Montreal a couple times. That would be real good

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

44 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

You know what would be great about that?

We broke yelly screamy Leafs man and probably the Leaf's confidence.

We could also break Mon confidence and fanbase. 

We would hurt TSN and SN people too.

Let' go for the playoffs! 

I assume you're talking about Steve Dangle? I started watch him, but only after Leafs losses. It's very entertaining. Pro tip: Just put a bucket infront of your moniter, you'll never have to buy salt again.

• Cheers 1

Wouldn't mind seeing this lineup for a game while Edler is out. If Motte is ready to come back of course.

Vesey-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Virtanen

Highmore-Boyd-Hawryluk

Hughes-Hamonic

Rathbone-Myers

Juolevi-Bowey/Chatfield (kind of prefer to see Bowey though to see what he has to offer)

Would love to see Rathbone get a chance on the PP too.

12 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Ottawa is playing so much better lately 

we absolutely can not take them lightly 

I don't think they will. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but in the bubble, something clicked, maybe it was the fact they were never taken seriously but they seemed to strap on their boots and play as a team.  I think that with all the changes and lack of team bonding and the terrible scheduled to start the team just never seemed on the same page.

But as crazy as this sounds the whole team getting sick has brought them together. I guarantee you they visit HF and various other sites and read how they should just quit, they're done etc etc. Seeing a part of our idiot fanbase hiring a plane to fly a #firebenning because they don't think this team is any good is great locker room material.

The genuine jubilation after that first win, it's obvious this team has come together.

The entire team is playing a simple game they have been much better not allowing multiple rebounds and Quinn Horvat, Myers, Sutter, Miller, are playing like the bubble.

Quinn looked absolutely Dynamic yesterday and has been so much better defensively while looking faster. I don't expect a sweep of the Sens but it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

I loved our bottom six last night, that 4th line is super fast and while I prefer Jake to get points he played physical and that line was a good energy line. Getting Motte back will be big as well.

It seems every couple of years you get a story for the ages and us getting in and doing some damage would go down in hockey folklore  

17 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Wouldn't mind seeing this lineup for a game while Edler is out. If Motte is ready to come back of course.

Vesey-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Virtanen

Highmore-Boyd-Hawryluk

Hughes-Hamonic

Rathbone-Myers

Juolevi-Bowey/Chatfield (kind of prefer to see Bowey though to see what he has to offer)

Would love to see Rathbone get a chance on the PP too.

You forgot Nate.

I'd go

Hughes-Hamonic

Joulevi-Nate

Rathbone-Myers.

Having vets with the rooks makes me more comfortable.

Joulevi is giving me "about to breakout vibes" he is excellent at slowing the pace and getting the puck out, I noticed Chatfield defering to him a lot to move the puck out.

• Cheers 4