The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Jersey - Vancouver (Discussion)

12 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Hughes is special, I would move him for the right price, but this is not it, he was magic in the bubble last year. He has a chance to be a a Norris trophy winner-something we have never had. Paul Coffey esque

To VAN

Zacha (2.75)

Miles Woods (2.25)

Ty Smith (900) (LD)

Severson  (4.1) (RD)

NYI 2nd 2021

To NJD

Hughes (RFA)

Schmidt (6mill)

VAN 3rd 2021

B Prospect

If you want Hughes and keep your 1st to potentially draft Luke Hughes, this is the price

This essentially solves all our depth issues but we lose a franchise 1D, maybe we can draft one with our 1st round pick.???

I think you’re massively overvaluing how much GM’s care about having brothers on a team.  That proposal decimates NJ. No way they touch that with a ten foot pole.  

5 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I think you’re massively overvaluing how much GM’s care about having brothers on a team.  That proposal decimates NJ. No way they touch that with a ten foot pole.  

I don't know about "decimating them" we exchange two top 4 d and we get two top 6/9 tweener forwards 

On 4/22/2021 at 3:09 PM, Dixon Ward said:

Quinn Hughes is not getting the respect he deserves.   He came in straight from 1 year of college and has become, already, the best offensive defenseman in club history.  He is also pretty effective defensively and will only get better.  A 3rd line center can be signed.  A Quinn Hughes cannot be acquired, accept if you are lucky enough that John Chayka is an idiot and takes Barrett f-ing Hayton.  If the draft was re-done, some GMs might take Hughes 1st OA IMHO.  

Ty Smith is a very good player but will not win Norris Trophies.  Quinn will be in the running a bunch of times.  Tbh I wouldn't trade him for Smith and Jack Hughes, let alone Zacha.  He is a unicorn, just enjoy

I agree that trading Hughes is a terrible idea. I'm going to sound like a broken record here but trading Quinn would be a waste of resources. And why would he trade him to New Jersey for Ty Smith lol? So that Luke, Jack and Quinn can play on the same team? What if they don't want to play on the same team? Not everyone is hunky dory with their siblings, some of us want to stay as far away from them as possible. You're right about Barrett Hayton being a bad pick, at least thus far. Pavel Zacha? I think if Seattle gets an opportunity to pick him, his size and skill level could probably see him have a Bennett-like elevation in play. I think he's that good. But New Jersey isn't a good trading partner for us unless we're moving up (or down) in this draft 

On 4/21/2021 at 11:43 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, I would like to discuss a proposal I seen on HF Boards

There, the proposal was argued both ways, with both parties saying they would not do it, both parties thought they paid too much

I am not advocating the trade, but I am mixed in my view, and thought I would bring it here to discuss.

Quinn Hughes and Loui Eriksson

for

Ty Smith, Pavel Zacha and NYI 2021 1st (24 OA)

Now, I am not too worried one way or another on whether Loui Eriksson is in this trade or not, but IMO, I think this is an interesting trade suggestion.

Hughes has 31 points in 39 games, and a -15 rating, he will command a contract in the $6,000,000 to $7,000,000 Million per year, next year.................

Loui Eriksson has a cap hit of $6,000,000 for 1 year

Pavel Zacha is a 25 point Center, above 50% FO%, being used as the #1 center right now, but will be slated as a #3, behind Hischier and Hughes next year. $2,250,000 for 1 more year.

Ty Smith is a 1st year Offensive LHD who has 21 points in 44 games and a -5 this year. He is at $863,333 for 2 more years

The 1st belongs to NYI, who are will play against Wash, Pitts, and Boston to get out of their Division, all 4 winning % are very close, so the pick may become better, with a first round loss.

Now, I am not saying that Smith is as good as Quinn Hughes, but Smith's even strength points are comparable to Hughes at 15 vs Hughes 16 points, and does play on a lesser team. So, the difference in Hughes vs Smith is in the Power play.

Pavel Zacha is 6'3" 210 lb, and will be 25 years old on April 24th.

There is not doubt Quinn is a fan favorite, and is the best Offensive Dman we have ever had, but the thought of Zacha and another 1st, does beg the question, of over all value.

I see merits of keeping him and of trading him, and thought I would bring it up as a question of what you think. Please try not to comment with your heart.....we know that answer!

Thanks for reading!

To New Jersey:  Pettersson + Hughes + Eriksson + Juolevi

To Vancouver:  2021 1st + Smith + Zacha + Hischier + Severson

Miller-Hischier-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Zacha-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Highmore

Schmidt-Larsson

Smith-Seversson

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

Holtby

Edited by Patel Bure

27 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

To New Jersey:  Pettersson + Hughes + Eriksson + 2021 2nd

To Vancouver:  2021 1st + Smith + Zacha + Hischier + Severson

Miller-Hischier-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Zacha-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Highmore

Schmidt-Larsson

Smith-Seversson

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Holtby

Isn't this New Jerseys team? LOL

Personally I would take it!

Whoa, whoa, whoa........where is Rathbone?

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Isn't this New Jerseys team? LOL

Personally I would take it!

Whoa, whoa, whoa........where is Rathbone?

Forgot about Rathbone.  Put him where OJ, or maybe add in OJ instead of our 2nd.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Cheers 1

It's conditional.

I agree QH is a special player. If he will sign a bridge(similar to Werenski), as Brock has done, & hopefully Elias does, then we're good. Sign him, & keep this young group growing together.

But if the $ situation becomes a haggling $h*t$torm, I'd look at a deal like this, & weigh it out.Found this idea interesting. It bears strong similarity to proposals I'd considered in spring, 2019(one I bumped).