Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks-Flames: Quinn Hughes for Matthew Tkachuk


Recommended Posts

Few thoughts:

 

1) Yes, this was a serious thought.

2) Rathbone will obviously likely never be Quinn Hughes but IF Rathbone can become at least good enough to be a decent PMD and a guy that can quarterback a PP (like a Christian Erhoff caliber guy?), then would that at least mitigate the damage done by having moved Hughes from the defense?

3) If Hughes for Tkachuk = not good value, then maybe we can set our sites higher? (Or Calgary adds)  (If we feel that condition #2 from above can me met in the long term).   

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal] Canucks-Flames:  Quinn Hughes +  for Matthew Tkachuk 

 

Next season:


Tkachuk-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-####-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

 

Schmidt-Myers

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Tryamkin

 

Demko

Holtby

 

[Virtanen + ??? For a decent 3rd line C)

278137310_no2.gif.807b70ddb158c586399af8e65969cb68.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Few thoughts:

 

1) Yes, this was a serious thought.

2) Rathbone will obviously likely never be Quinn Hughes but IF Rathbone can become at least good enough to be a decent PMD and a guy that can quarterback a PP (like a Christian Erhoff caliber guy?), then would that at least mitigate the damage done by having moved Hughes from the defense?

3) If Hughes for Tkachuk = not good value, then maybe we can set our sites higher? (Or Calgary adds)  (If we feel that condition #2 from above can me met in the long term).   

 

874CDC44-07A1-4141-AAA8-C85028C036E9.jpeg

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, here is my thoughts on this trade............

 

Why not trade Schmidt for a big strong Defensive RHD

 

or

 

Sign One?  Oh, wait! I know where we can get one!

 

Image result for picture of nikita tryamkin fighting

I'm sick and tired of people saying we need to bring back Tryamkin. He sucked when he was here, he's at best a #6 guy and we've already got a big man in Tyler Myers. Obviously Tryamkin is more of a defensive guy but he sucks. Benning picked him because he was BPA, we got some good mileage out of him serving in a depth role but now it's time to move on. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I'm sick and tired of people saying we need to bring back Tryamkin. He sucked when he was here, he's at best a #6 guy and we've already got a big man in Tyler Myers. Obviously Tryamkin is more of a defensive guy but he sucks. Benning picked him because he was BPA, we got some good mileage out of him serving in a depth role but now it's time to move on. 

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well!

 

Image result for picture of a guy sick and tired

  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, lets not get silly here! Sillyerererer?

He's taking a page out of YOUR book Jan.  You started this.

 

Flames fans probably don't even like this deal.  But seriously, when you get a true #1D or C, you hang on to them through their prime.  The list is very, very short for the Canucks

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, here is my thoughts on this trade............

 

Why not trade Schmidt for a big strong Defensive RHD

 

or

 

Sign One?  Oh, wait! I know where we can get one!

 

Image result for picture of nikita tryamkin fighting

Manson please.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...