Miller-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-####-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

Schmidt-Myers

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Tryamkin

Demko

Holtby

[Virtanen + ??? For a decent 3rd line C)

There's no way Calgary trades their truculent power forward for one-dimensional -16 player that can't do much other than walk the blue line, get shots on net, quarterbacks PP, starts offensive breakouts, carries the puck in to the offensive zone.

We would have to add.

I bet you add EP on top of QH and Calgary thinks long. But maybe that's still not enough?

I know you love your Flames and you want our good young players, but please, this is a Canucks forum. Please go post this sort of crap on Calgary forum.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

47 minutes ago, khay said:

There's no way Calgary trades their truculent power forward for one-dimensional -16 player that can't do much other than walk the blue line, get shots on net, quarterbacks PP, starts offensive breakouts, carries the puck in to the offensive zone.

We would have to add.

I bet you add EP on top of QH and Calgary thinks long. But maybe that's still not enough?

I know you love your Flames and you want our good young players, but please, this is a Canucks forum. Please go post this sort of crap on Calgary forum.

I don’t understand your post.   You claim that I “love the Calgary Flames” yet appear to be criticizing me for proposing a deal that would greatly benefit Vancouver?  (At the expense of my “wife and marriage partner” the Calgary Flames).  

Edited by DarkIndianRises

21 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I feel like I already know the answer but if Calgary is willing to trade Tkachuk for Juolevi you KNOW that Tkachuk is a problem on the team.

So that’s still a big nope for me.

That's crazy talk. You take the deal and run.

I guess I look at it a different way. Could OJ get the Canucks a 1st? I'd say no.

Could Tkachuk get the Flames a first? Probably.

So if anything make the trade and flip Tkachuk. You are trading up.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

That's crazy talk. You take the deal and run.

I guess I look at it a different way. Could OJ get the Canucks a 1st? I'd say no.

Could Tkachuk get the Flames a first? Probably.

So if anything make the trade and flip Tkachuk. You are trading up.

Okay I essentially agree with this but the question is: why would Calgary make this trade? They could get more, and outside their division no less, so why do they do it? Only for one reason and that would be if they couldn’t do better because he’s a cancer.

Calgary never makes this trade but if they do and your intention is to flip him then I’m on board. But the caveat is that I don’t want him anywhere near our team.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Type R said:

Hughes currently has 1 more point in 5 less games, and doesn't come with the on ice issues that Tkachuk causes on the daily.  Canucks could have had him, passed, and rightfully so, he isn't a Canuck in terms of what he brings.

Very true but let’s not forget that Tkachuk also brings other elements to the game (ie hitting).

In all honesty, I shouldn’t have listed Tkachuk in my proposal.  He was just the first guy that came to mind.  What I should have suggested was Hughes for [EqualValueYoungWingerUpFront].    

But again - my whole post was also predicated on the idea that Rathbone could develop into a Christian Erhoff type dman (ie a solid PMD even if he doesn’t come close to Quinn Hughes calibre).  Obviously, that would be a huge risk to bank on for us.

That was the main thought process behind my post.   If Rathbone were to turn into a Christian Erhoff calibre dman + we got an “equal value” winger for Hughes (which, based on the responses in this thread, clearly isn’t Matthew Tkachuk), then we’d not only have one do the deepest top 9’s in the league but our defense as a whole wouldn’t be too shabby either.

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Very true but let’s not forget that Tkachuk also brings other elements to the game (ie hitting).

In all honesty, I shouldn’t have listed Tkachuk in my proposal.  He was just the first guy that came to mind.  What I should have suggested was Hughes for [EqualValueYoungWingerUpFront].    

But again - my whole post was also predicated on the idea that Rathbone could develop into a Christian Erhoff type dman (ie a solid PMD even if he doesn’t come close to Quinn Hughes calibre).  Obviously, that would be a huge risk to bank on for us.

That was the main thought process behind my post.   If Rathbone were to turn into a Christian Erhoff calibre dman + we got an “equal value” winger for Hughes (which, based on the responses in this thread, clearly isn’t Matthew Tkachuk), then we’d not only have one do the deepest top 9’s in the league but our defense as a whole wouldn’t be too shabby either.

I appreciate where you are coming from, but my immediate thought is.. why not both?  Quinn already creates such a threat when he's on the ice, if we have another threat in our arsenal, this team gets much more lethal.  The last decade has had us riddled with sub par basic d-core, no offense to a few, but this new style is so much more dynamic and fluid.  Its amazing to watch and if Rathbone is 3/4 the player Hughes is, having both of them is going to be pretty damn amazing.

A top scoring defenseman is more valuable than a top-line winger. 

While I wouldn't be opposed to having Matthew Tkatchuk on the team, the Canucks aren't exactly loaded with elite defensemen.  

Now if Calgary wishes to have a successor for Giordano and wish to throw in an extra 1st rounder or top prospect.... then the idea will be a bit more enticing.  

DarkIndianRises each proposal is more absurd than the last.  I am not sure if you have ever played hockey or how long you have watched this franchise.  The young man you propose to trade is the best defenseman in fifty plus years this team has ever had.  Please stop with these silly nhl 2021 posts, ty

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I'm sick and tired of people saying we need to bring back Tryamkin. He sucked when he was here, he's at best a #6 guy and we've already got a big man in Tyler Myers. Obviously Tryamkin is more of a defensive guy but he sucks. Benning picked him because he was BPA, we got some good mileage out of him serving in a depth role but now it's time to move on. 

sign him, give him a shot.ifit doesn't work out. im sure someone will want a 6'7 defenceman

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

He's 26, he's played the last four years in Russia and his wife didn't take to our city. He's not coming back and I don't think he should. 

ok so you think adding a player in his prime is a bad thing, very interesting take. the man is a top pairing defenceman in the second best league in the world, if you have/had high hopes for Podkolzin/hoglander/juolevi/chatfield tryamkin will suprise you.

I Could think of a couple million reasons, she may want to change her mind.

• Cheers 1