The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks-Flames: Quinn Hughes for Matthew Tkachuk

17 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I don’t understand your post.   You claim that I “love the Calgary Flames” yet appear to be criticizing me for proposing a deal that would greatly benefit Vancouver?  (At the expense of my “wife and marriage partner” the Calgary Flames).  

Well, I don't understand your post either.

Obviously, Hughes >>>> Tkachuck. If you were a Canucks fan, you would know that we have been waiting for player like Hughes for a very long time. A player that walks the blue line better than anyone in the league, PPQB, starts the offence from the defensive zone, among many things that he does. Only if you are a Flames fan, you would propose such deal.

• Hydration 2

As far as I am concerned, QH is as close to untouchable as it gets for this org. We would have to get a king's ransom to even consider moving such a budding generational talent.

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1
  • Vintage 1

19 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

If Rathbone were to turn into a Christian Erhoff calibre dman + we got an “equal value” winger for Hughes (which, based on the responses in this thread, clearly isn’t Matthew Tkachuk), then we’d not only have one do the deepest top 9’s in the league but our defense as a whole wouldn’t be too shabby either.

Ah and there's the hill on which all really bad trades die the "if" word...I think there's enough real stuff to discuss instead of what I can only describe as very silly conjecture QH ain't going anywhere and then there is this..it's waaaay harder to find an elite defenseman then a top winger IMO

On 4/23/2021 at 2:32 PM, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal] Canucks-Flames:  Quinn Hughes +  for Matthew Tkachuk 

Next season:

Tkachuk-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-####-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

Schmidt-Myers

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Tryamkin

Demko

Holtby

[Virtanen + ??? For a decent 3rd line C)

Reasoning:

1) We bank on the fact that Rathbone, while not becoming anywhere near as good as Hughes, still develops into a Christian Erhoff calibre dman in that, he can move the puck up ice efficiently while having the ability to QB a PP.

2) With the addition of a guy like Matthew Tkachuk (or whatever young winger in the league would equate to being “equal value” for Hughes), the Canucks would have one of the deepest top 9’s in the league.

OMG, That would be a bad trade Hughes for Tkachuk---Need more from Calgary...

Hughes 21, is a top offensive D man in the league 60 -  70 point guy hard to find..

I like Tkachuck but not enough for Hughes..

Rasmus Anderson 24 - Tkachuk 23 -  2nd rounder ----     Hughes --Virtanen

• Hydration 1

42 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

So, the impression that I’m getting from this thread is that people don’t like the Hughes-Tkachuk proposal.  

Nah, you should double down on your position. Who's your +?

:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

Nah, you should double down on your position. Who's your +?

:lol:

In my defense, I later added in the thread that perhaps Calgary could add a “+” to Tkachuk if it made the deal more fair.  If I accidentally said the opposite, it was unintentional.

• Hydration 1

13 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

so let me get this straight. You spend hours of your time discussing Tryamkin, trying to prove your point. We give you irrefutable evidence, and you just say "Nah, Bro" and then you generally say " if i'm wrong I expect you to be a good sport about this, even though I will not show you the same  gratitude"

did i get that right?

You need to relax. I don't care very much about this. 

15 hours ago, KirkSave said:

As far as I am concerned, QH is as close to untouchable as it gets for this org. We would have to get a king's ransom to even consider moving such a budding generational talent.

Hughes and EP are untouchable  These two young men make watching canuck games fun

• Hydration 1

If your changed the proposal for his brother then you'd get some action.   A D for a C.   First off at least BT backs up his play.  Both are pests, but one doesn't have Avery issues.    Yes we do need a quality LW in the top six.   It for sure would give the team options to keep Miller in the middle and work towards three scoring lines.    Don't mind the idea, but not for that bum.  Brady Tkchuck is the better player overall IMO, plays like a pit bull and given his size makes him very tough to handle infront of the net and along the boards.    Going to develop into one of the leagues most compete centers.   

QHs is a special talent and would agree he's got flaws defensively.    Insulated a little more with two more top four D's like Myers and Schmidt, and he could truly shine (plus partnered up with a Mitchell type, Hamonic will do for now, needs a big brother with a little nasty, defensive oriented around at all times)...

QHs is a coupe years younger too.  And no way we'd ever trade him to a team in our own division.    I'm not opposed to the idea of trading him completely, but it would really have to be the right fit.   These players are growing a bond that breaking could come at a cost too.   

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, khay said:

Well, I don't understand your post either.

Obviously, Hughes >>>> Tkachuck. If you were a Canucks fan, you would know that we have been waiting for player like Hughes for a very long time. A player that walks the blue line better than anyone in the league, PPQB, starts the offence from the defensive zone, among many things that he does. Only if you are a Flames fan, you would propose such deal.

DIR is for sure a Canucks fan.   Read enough of his stuff to know that.  Like Janis and a few other long term fans, it's ok to get into the fantasy realm of what if 's and try and imagine a different look on the team.    Yes QHs is a sublime talent with the puck.   That said our PP this year hasn't been that good, and on the defensive side of the puck QHs isn't there yet.   Ranking him that way he's debatably a third paring D like Stecher in our zone.   Defense means defense too. Tried to explain two months ago or so that QHs deal should be around 6.5-7 x 6 and was blasted for it.    Last night some posters brought up McAvoy and Sergachev's deal, i'd add Werenski's to the mix.  5 million was brought up too.  5 x 5 more harm then good so far this year ... struggling PP, and yes for sure no EP is part of that.   We blew a two minute 5 x 3 last night  .. against a third stringer.   

That said its totally reasonable to blame fatigue or something, QHs was very good the first couple of games back and give any player on our team a by for a bad game from now until the end of the regular season.    Right now 6.5 x 6 does look fair and reasonable, and it did for me two months ago too.   Flat cap means it won't go up until the CBA is over, at least that's what they are saying.   Five years, one million a year so it will go up a tiny bit if basic targets are met.

Deals made two or three years ago, they were all made with the idea the cap would keep going up 3-5% a year....food for thought, but that would mean deals made 3 years ago are good comps for deals that will be made over the next two, maybe three years as well.    IMO at least any more and management is banking on a solid increase in QHs overall game.   He's earned a very healthy bridge or medium or long term contract.    Folks complain about Myers deal and he's a UFA.   Third contracts are supposed to be when folks get their legacy deals.    Not second contracts.   If Myers keeps it up and QHs does the average of his overall game this year, i'd give Myers the Pratt this year.   

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure Flames do that trade.. well, depends on what the + is. . But if it was 1 for 1 they would take their time thinking about that proposal.. 

Especially now with Sutter as their coach..  I just can't see Flames doing it....

In the same sense I'm not sure Canucks would do a 1 for 1 to bring Tkachuk in either.. I think both teams are happy with the player they have.

Edited by WHL rocks

On 4/23/2021 at 2:32 PM, Patel Bure said:

[proposal] Canucks-Flames:  Quinn Hughes +  for Matthew Tkachuk 

Next season:

Tkachuk-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-####-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

Schmidt-Myers

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Tryamkin

Demko

Holtby

[Virtanen + ??? For a decent 3rd line C)

Reasoning:

1) We bank on the fact that Rathbone, while not becoming anywhere near as good as Hughes, still develops into a Christian Erhoff calibre dman in that, he can move the puck up ice efficiently while having the ability to QB a PP.

2) With the addition of a guy like Matthew Tkachuk (or whatever young winger in the league would equate to being “equal value” for Hughes), the Canucks would have one of the deepest top 9’s in the league.

Calgary would do this even though they need forwards like JT Miller is who they would want more as they already have a lot of good defensemen. 

On 4/24/2021 at 1:47 PM, KirkSave said:

I know QH is pretty amazing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  When we talk of generational, I think of guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid...

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

I know QH is pretty amazing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  When we talk of generational, I think of guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid...

Fair point. 

I think QH will end up being vital to our team success as these players are to theirs (but to a lesser extent). I'm high on QH and it's time to puff puff pass ;)