The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This is spot on. 

Given how Green wants them to attack with speed and often chip and chase the puck then aggressively forecheck, the inability to cleanly break the puck out really limits their options through the neutral zone.

Its not just a defenseman issue either. The forwards are often not in the position to accept a pass quick enough. You can see the defense often waiting a bit too long for a good option to open up.

It goes without saying, when the type of hockey they are trying to play and execute is ON, they are hard to stop, but when it's even 10 % off, it looks horrible lol

24 minutes ago, xereau said:

Someone needs to actually go after Tkachuk tonight, and pound him.

He tried to jiujitsu one of our guys to the ice, and though Hamonic tried, the refs interfered.

The Upchuck brothers have no code, but that doesn't exclude them from it.

Please, someone pound this kid into the ice.

09FF6439-FC7E-413D-8A1B-8C48DEA959BF.gif

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Garrett and Houghson needs more grey. :) 

Too much work, and I don't have a phone for those oldifying apps.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

here is chatfield on the pk. the defenceman most times shouldn't  be the furthest player on both teams away from his own goalie.chatfield.JPG.177f6c621efa3aaa6269ffa062aff97d.JPG

I may be alone in this, but I actually like the risks Chatfield takes. He is super active and willing to skate and make plays.

Sure, he gets caught out but that is part of learning process. I think Chatfield has the makings to become a solid defender in the NHL. He reads plays really well even if he doesn't execute perfectly. But again, that takes time.

Also, I disagree with this video showing anything overtly negative. On a PK it is absolutely reasonable to have a defensemen skate the puck in deep. IIRC this was a rush up the ice that he joined. Nothing came of it, but I like the willingness to play.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Never forget this night in LA. When the ref handed out over an 8 min. stretch of penalty killing, part of which was down 2 men.  All because Tom Sestito went after Jordan Nolan after yet another non-call against the Kings that evening, and two game series, when he made a dangerous hit on Henrik....who, before that 7 min was done, the refs then penalized Henrik for one of the Ref's favourite call against him and his brother.... a soft hooking.  Because the Sedin's played so cleanly, the refs were always straining to find the cheapest little faux pas they could call against them.  

Cheech after that game penned this article

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/john-garrett-the-instigator-rule/c-700781

The Vancouver Canucks played their most inspired, most passionate, most intense game of the year on Monday in Los Angeles.
They were on the right side of every category. They had more hits. They had more shots. They won more faceoffs and oh yes had more penalties.

To sum it all up, you can take a run at the other teams top player and if the referee misses the call there is absolutely no consequences. In fact if the other team tries to impose its own justice you could end up with a seven-minute power play and the physical threat will be gone from the game. All you have to do is turtle.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
33 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sportsnet (22) has a classic Calgary/Vancouver game on right now. - Game 7 (April 30, 1994). 

A good way to get even MORE hyped for tonight.  

My most favorite Canucks team ever.

Edited by Bure2Win
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
46 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I may be alone in this, but I actually like the risks Chatfield takes. He is super active and willing to skate and make plays.

Sure, he gets caught out but that is part of learning process. I think Chatfield has the makings to become a solid defender in the NHL. He reads plays really well even if he doesn't execute perfectly. But again, that takes time.

Also, I disagree with this video showing anything overtly negative. On a PK it is absolutely reasonable to have a defensemen skate the puck in deep. IIRC this was a rush up the ice that he joined. Nothing came of it, but I like the willingness to play.

sutter took a shot on net at the and chatfield doubled down. going on the forecheck attacking the puck, sutter and chatfield end up being the 2 players furthest away from he puck. hoglander misreads his role and aggresively forechecks tavares and he passes 4 on 1. nylander,tavares,matthews(defender) vs hamonic.

chatfield skates hard to the neutral zone and glides sutter skates the entire length and almost makes a play. matthew scores.

https://www.nhl.com/video/matthews-power-play-goal/t-323661384/c-8113878

• Hydration 1
50 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sportsnet (22) has a classic Calgary/Vancouver game on right now. - Game 7 (April 30, 1994). 

A good way to get even MORE hyped for tonight.  

I forgot that I had numerous chances to win it in the first OT. 

• Haha 2
Just now, SergioMomesso said:

I forgot that I had numerous chances to win it in the first OT. 

That D-corps was HUGE. Sure hope Tram's given one last shot here, because him and Myers would be one hell of a pairing.

• Hydration 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP
  • debluvscanucks changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- locked this topic