The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

lol. That was the Getzlaf hit I believe.  Tram just lays out Getzlaf with one arm, then crosschecks(?) the player in the face that challenges him first. then shoves off the next one to the boards.  And a fourth tries to come at him from behind after that, and he's still standing without a mark on him. 

The guy is a monster beast. Even if he only can play to average skill levels.  His size alone is a "skill" that doesn't grow on trees. He IS the tree.

was a hit on Pirri and then stewart came in at tram and shoved him off with one hand and getzlaf was the 3rd guy coming in but higgy grabbed him

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

That was the team that really got me INTO it.   Got me watching every single minute and that's when my handheld colour TV was a thing.

I was big on Trevor Linden (met him quite a few times...my ex thought he was checking me out once back then at an event and said "it's ok if you have an affair with him").    :towel:

It was hilarious...he had dreams that I ran off with him.  (I should have)

Met Trevor when he was an 18 yr rookie.  Here he is holding my daughter. Great guy, easy to talk to.

[003276].jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, xereau said:

That D-corps was HUGE. Sure hope Tram's given one last shot here, because him and Myers would be one hell of a pairing.

Sign Tryamkin and Jamie Oleksiak who is a UFA this summer. We’d have three 6’7 defenceman to play with our undersized Hughes and Rathbone.

20 minutes ago, xereau said:

Even numbered year, Hagensborg BC. First half of August. Pink salmon on the fly, all day long. 12 foot type 5 sink tip, doesnt really matter the fly, they'll snap at anything bright. I've had dozens of 100+ fish days there, so many in fact, that I've retired from fishing altogether heh. But, if you want a semi-cheap vacation, in a dream venue, go to the Bella Coola river from the government campsite all the way down to the inlet at Bella Coola settlement proper. The fish still have sea lice at that point, and shore roasted pink salmon is among the tastiest thing you can ever eat.

That sounds like my trip.

I want to take my belly boat and go fly fishing on Highway 24 but life always gets in the way. 

I've always wanted to go alone too but seems risky.

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

That was quite a year! Runner up or the Calder Trophy. 

Was he (we) ever that young?

E77A2C99-6129-4562-B346-14BE444FB7A4.jpeg

Mind you, the guy that beat him out for that trophy is in the HHOF and did win a Cup.  Still, can't help but think had the Canucks had any decent number of centers, Trev would've piled up the points in his natural position (wing).  It's a VERY TOUGH position to switch at the NHL level (going from winger to center).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Mind you, the guy that beat him out for that trophy is in the HHOF and did win a Cup.  Still, can't help but think had the Canucks had any decent number of centers, Trev would've piled up the points in his natural position (wing).  It's a VERY TOUGH position to switch at the NHL level (going from winger to center).

All time favorite, hands down.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1