The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

The sens have played much better the last little while. They are not an easy 2 points right now.

The Canucks need to play a lot better to beat them.

The PP is pretty much the same predictable, drop pass cluster&^@# it has been for awhile under Newell Brown, at least since the league figured out how to defend against it a long time ago. Sheer talent only gets you so far. It definitely needs an overhaul. The player talent is there but man is it predictable and easy to defend against.

• Cheers 4

22 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Hog - Horvat - Boe

Virt - JT - Pearson

Haw - Sutter - Mac

High - Boyd - Lind

Let's go Canucks! 

Refs stop betting on Mon. Cinderella story with a soul crushing victory over TO in the first round.

Motte and Edler may be back. 

I like nux chances. 

6 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

smallHornet-Juice-1.png

Could You Use An Instant Endurance Boost?

Grab Your Hornet Juice® Starter Pack Today
& Get Faster & Stronger in 2018. Or Your Money Back!

geez, i wish i seen this in 2018. I wonder if they have a formula for 2021?

5 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The sens have played much better the last little while. They are not an easy 2 points right now.

The Canucks need to play a lot better to beat them.

The PP is pretty much the same predictable, drop pass cluster&^@# it has been for awhile under Newell Brown, at least since the league figured out how to defend against it a long time ago. Sheer talent only gets you so far. It definitely needs an overhaul. The player talent is there but man is it predictable and easy to defend against.

Yes the Sens are going through a really good stretch of hockey.   Like TG says - they are well coached, and have the effort there every time.   Noticed it during our first series, they got better each game and didn't mind taking a shot from anywhere, threw everything at the net the final games including the kitchen sink.   Coming into this series i was hoping for 3/4 but dreading a split because really given what we've gone through, and how they are playing right now, a split seemed reasonable.   Winning both TO games was huge for the teams chances.   4/6 is par for the course.   It's what we need to do to make the playoffs.    The team isn't healthy yet, still missing players (at least Edler is coming back and can take some load of unsung hero Myers) ....  

Tonight we win.   There i said it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

What's the word on Pete?, guys been gone forever.

He's riding a unicycle and juggling but not ready to return until the playoffs.   Then we beat TO which is going to be ... what does MasterCard say... priceless. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 4petesake said:

While we’re on the topic of lousy reffing...okay, it’s just me, did anyone notice this during the game last night? Somebody pointed out that there was 10-12 seconds where Ottawa was defending with 6 men on the ice. There was also a streamable video of the play.

61A04F8B-C5D9-4BF5-848C-3703D9D07DE3.png

Since when its forbidden against the canucks ? Pretty sure they can play on horses with two sticks in hands.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Hog - Horvat - Boe

Virt - JT - Pearson

Haw - Sutter - Mac

High - Boyd - Lind

Swap Pearson and Boeser.  Hogz, Bo and Pearson have had great chemistry all season, until they were split last game.  And we know how that ended.

Sorry, but Mac isn't getting dressed.  Green thinks "he needs to show more".  And Vesey isn't sitting out.

Good chance Motte will be back, so no Lind yet

• Cheers 1

Most likely reason for the absolute **** officiating the other night? The NHL is pissed we forced them to change our schedule and sweep their precious Leafs so it’s reasonable to expect that’s how the rest of our games will be called. 

• RoughGame 1

Must win game tonight for sure.  We will have 5 games in hand still at the end of the night, but will either be 8,10, or 12 points out.  I'd start to feel real good about things if we are 8 points out at the end of the night, so much so I'll go as far as cheering for a Tkachuk hat trick.