The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

36 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This is the Hamonic we were expecting.  He was my first choice if we weren't able to re-sing Tanev, and he's finally settled in and playing like himself.  He willingly got his face caved in by Gudbranson in defense of a teammate when he was playing against us.

I think Hamonic is ok too - for now.   Just to bring folks back down to earth, I'm not sure if anyone noticed in the 1st period Jim Husson commented on Hamonic playing better - this mere seconds after he made 4 errors trying to clear the puck from our zone.   If you have the game taped go back and take a look.  We were all laughing when Jim said that - almost as if he wasn't watching the game.   Too funny!

Anyhow - he's not superman but he's O.K. - at this point.

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

And, what’s wrong with that? 23% of women have hairy chests.

I think it's a bit higher way out here in Surrey !

I think there's a bylaw in town here that you have to keep them on a leash - especially in Whalley.

Where's Whalley Bumper Sticker

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1

Great win, we have a light to playoff.

Holtby made 3 win streak, thanks.

Pearson once again confirmed his extension contract is correct.

Myers is in the upper level, compared to last season.

PK is so good, but PP is... especially for this 5-3,  so miss of Pettersson.

Anyone agree to FIRE BROWN?

10 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Love how Greener is slapping around that POS Thomas Drance.

If the team and organization only knew how much the Canucks fans despise most of the sports media in Vancouver,..   they could make hay chirping back at stupid questions..

that would be a lot of fun.

media:  Travis who are you starting in goal tonight?

Green:  who do you want me to start?  Your only going to question my decision for either pick,.  So why don’t you pick and I’ll question you.?

Media to Miller:  JT it looked like you had a lot of hop in your step tonight, how did it feel?

Miller:  like I had a lot of hop in my step.

• Haha 2

Shouldn't the score have read Canucks 4 Jake 2 ?  That useless boat anchor almost cost us the game - AGAIN.   How many times do we have to see this train wreck on the ice throw a game for the opponents?  Our team spent half the game trying to undo the damage he caused - AGAIN.  He should be benched permanently.  He is a cancer on this team robbing our rookies at a chance to play.  At least they try.  Can't wait until he's gone and can't believe Uncle Jim signed him first before TT.  WTF was he thinking??????????

Man this get me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1

holtby has a .927 save percentage in his last 7 games. holtby has a .939 save percentage in his last 3 games.

Pearson has 3 goals in his last 4 games, pearson has 5 points in his last 7 games. he is a +2 in those games.

sutter has 2 goals in his last 4 games,  he is a +2 in those games.

Myers has averaged 24:45 in his last 4 games, he is a +1 and has one assist

Schmidt has 2 points in his last 3 games, and is + 2 

Highmore has zero points and is a + 1 in those 3 games.

hughes has3 points in his last 3 games, one on the PP and is a + 1 in those 3 games.

I wonder how Gaudette is doing?

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

That blown 5 on 3 to close out the game worries me. 

I feel like a slightly better team than OTT would have taken us to overtime or shootout. 

Not playing with desperation on that PP is inexcusable. 

Glad we pulled out a win tonight. 

I'm hoping the players knew what they were doing. 

Well said.   That was pathetic and is a glimpse into the lack of urgency our coaching staff injects into the players.    Thank god they'll all be fired at seasons end.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, davidgoliath said:

Virtanen has to be the dumbest player on the team. Very little situational awareness, doesn’t read plays, reacts slowly and takes stupid penalties regularly. Unless he hits more and gets more gritty I see no purpose in having him on the team. Trade him on draft day for a 3rd rounder.

***************************************************************************************************

******************************** POST OF THE YEAR *****************************************

****************************************************************************************************

Edited by RU SERIOUS

I don't remember Green being so condescending prior to the break. He seems particularly testy since coming back. Guess I can't really blame him, all things considered.

It would be nice if the media guys would ask questions that didn't have such obvious answers. Not a lot of deep journalism going on in this interview.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

holtby has a .927 save percentage in his last 7 games. holtby has a .939 save percentage in his last 3 games.

Pearson has 3 goals in his last 4 games, pearson has 5 points in his last 7 games. he is a +2 in those games.

sutter has 2 goals in his last 4 games,  he is a +2 in those games.

Myers has averaged 24:45 in his last 4 games, he is a +1 and has one assist

Schmidt has 2 points in his last 3 games, and is + 2 

Highmore has zero points and is a + 1 in those 3 games.

hughes has3 points in his last 3 games, one on the PP and is a + 1 in those 3 games.

I wonder how Gaudette is doing?

Scratched for a second game in a row. In three games, if I'm not mistaken, he has a whopping 7 minutes of playing time. Chicago being the bottom feeding team that they are this season, couldn't even make space for Gaudette.

Really doesn't look good on him.

• Thanks 1