The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 24, 7 p.m. | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Shouldn't the score have read Canucks 4 Jake 2 ?  That useless boat anchor almost cost us the game - AGAIN.   How many times do we have to see this train wreck on the ice throw a game for the opponents?  Our team spent half the game trying to undo the damage he caused - AGAIN.  He should be benched permanently.  He is a cancer on this team robbing our rookies at a chance to play.  At least they try.  Can't wait until he's gone and can't believe Uncle Jim signed him first before TT.  WTF was he thinking??????????

Man this get me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't disagree with you. Maybe this was the first time I noticed this, but I thought Virtanen showed A LOT of regret for taking dumb penalties. His body language wasn't really happy.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't disagree with you. Maybe this was the first time I noticed this, but I thought Virtanen showed A LOT of regret for taking dumb penalties. His body language wasn't really happy.

13 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Vesey appears EU-bound. Uninspiring, to put it mildly.

Jake is prob a coupla' dumb penalties from being an afterthought. Wouldn't be surprised if he's waived next camp. They're prob saying, if you wanna stay, you've gotta do something(s) exceptional, to scratch & claw UP a line.

Might need "Clockwork Orange" therapy: eyelids held open, & forced to watch shifts by Motte & Hoglander on endless-loop.

Overall, like the lines & glad they're starting BH. He & TD are forming into a beaut-tandem.

Couldn't believe my eyes. Posted this^^ early morning, then went cycling in the mtns of East Osaka & Nara. Got home just as the game was starting, sit down & watch Jake take a moronic dbl-minor for waving his lumber around like a F***ing fly-swatter! :^(

This guy needs a change of scenery, asap.

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I noticed that too. Can't put my finger on it but he seems different since coming back from the Covid break. Like he's trying harder. 

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He's not perfect but I love the way he plays, and he's an absolute bargain at his salary.

He's not perfect , but he's perfect for this team and Huggy. Plays the heavy game, protects against Hughes D liability pretty well, and most importantly stands up for his teammates and protects the net. Also we don't have RD's ready to go in our pipeline right now

Think he'll be hard to re-sign with our cap but if we have to walk from Edler to pay Hamonic a bit more, I would take that option.

• Upvote 1

Only problem is who would want him? The only way Jake would be taken by a team is throwing a draft pick with him. I doubt he's even worth future considerations now. 

I'm pretty sure if the team could have moved him and Gaudette last offseason, is that no one was offering anything for either one. 

Jake pretty much is Benning's first, first round bust. 

Considering our usual first round busts are guys that don't even play. We got 314 games out of him. I suppose that's something. 

(By the way Jake is only 14 games shy of Cody Hodgson's career in terms of games played)

6 hours ago, kloubek said:

I don't remember Green being so condescending prior to the break. He seems particularly testy since coming back. Guess I can't really blame him, all things considered.

It would be nice if the media guys would ask questions that didn't have such obvious answers. Not a lot of deep journalism going on in this interview.

Odd given most condescending coaches have earned the right to be condescending by actually accomplishing something at the NHL level

a coach with a sub 500 coaching record with a history of missing the playoffs should probably be a little humble

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Been thinking ahead and I wonder if Motte can be re-signed 4 year deal 2 - 2.5AAV?  The guy is 3rd liner imo that could play in the top 6 if pulls a Burrows.  With Hoagie and most likely Pods on ELCs you can probably squeeze him in with those two?  

Edited by Angry Goose
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Shouldn't the score have read Canucks 4 Jake 2 ?  That useless boat anchor almost cost us the game - AGAIN.   How many times do we have to see this train wreck on the ice throw a game for the opponents?  Our team spent half the game trying to undo the damage he caused - AGAIN.  He should be benched permanently.  He is a cancer on this team robbing our rookies at a chance to play.  At least they try.  Can't wait until he's gone and can't believe Uncle Jim signed him first before TT.  WTF was he thinking??????????

Man this get me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Chernobyl has been a complete disaster

9 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Wasn't sure what he was trying to say but Nate and Myers have been excellent since Febuary. I think a lot of people have no clue what a defencemen's job is. 

No doubt.   At this point Myers is making a solid argument to be this years Babe Pratt winner.    We need top four D's that can do a bit of everything.   If we had six of them, well we'd have a defense like we did in 2011.   QHs had a bad night.  Made many gaffes with the puck or the play.    He's special and unique and ever player is going to have games like that, but we'd be dead in the water without Myers, Schmidt and even Edler taking as much pressure off as possible.   There is a reason QHs isn't on the PK.   Nice thing is he's got all the time in the world to develop that part of the game, and if he does we have our best number one D all-time.    Right now Reinhart still gets that distinction.   Jovo a close second (then Lumme).   And i won't be too hard on him either ... QHs is going to be leaving us eventually with every significant Canuck record in his pocket.   He's so darn young still.   Even the mighty Lidstrom took time, there isn't many Potvin, Borque, Coffey, Orr, Robinson's for a reason (defenseman that come in and dominate right from the start). 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

Been thinking ahead and I wonder if Motte can be re-signed 4 year deal 2 - 2.5AAV?  The guy is 3rd liner imo that could play in the top 6 if pulls a Burrows.  With Hoagie and most likely Pods on ELCs you can probably squeeze him in with those two?  

He's earned a long term deal.   There are  30 other teams that would love to have him anchoring their PK.   In his prime,  a proven playoff performer now too.   Hartman is a good comp in MIN, so the price might be a little high. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1