The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blackhawks re-sign Riley Stillman

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Signing] Blackhawks re-sign Riley Stillman

Rehabilitated? Well, now, let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means...I know what you think it means, sonny. To me, it's just a made-up word. A politician's word, so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?...

There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are, but I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bulls--t word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a s--t.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

Rehabilitated? Well, now, let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means...I know what you think it means, sonny. To me, it's just a made-up word. A politician's word, so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?...

There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are, but I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bulls--t word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a s--t.

Im Out Morgan Freeman GIF

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

7-8th defenceman who defends well and doesn't mind dropping the gloves

They are expecting more than a 7th/8th D at that price.  He just turned 23 last month and doesn’t even have a full season in the NHL yet.  Was drafted the same year as Juolevi.

Chicago is in a rebuild and are leveraging their cap space to get young assets with upside.  He has only played 6 games for them and was part of the return with Borgstrom for Florida to cap dump Connolly.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

They are expecting more than a 7th/8th D at that price.  He just turned 23 last month and doesn’t even have a full season in the NHL yet.  Was drafted the same year as Juolevi.

Chicago is in a rebuild and are leveraging their cap space to get young assets with upside.  He has only played 6 games for them and was part of the return with Borgstrom for Florida to cap dump Connolly.

your right, no 7th 8th defeneman ever signed for 1.35m before. my bad

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

your right, no 7th 8th defeneman ever signed for 1.35m before. my bad

For 3 years?

Kind of a waste of cap space when teams can get someone at league minimum to sit in the pressbox.  

5 minutes ago, mll said:

For 3 years?

Kind of a waste of cap space when teams can get someone at league minimum to sit in the pressbox.  

ah yes the huge waste of 275000. what a tragedy.

maybe some teams expect injuries to happen and think that having someone a bit better than replacement level is worth 275000.

or you could have bowey as your replacement defenceman

13 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ah yes the huge waste of 275000. what a tragedy.

maybe some teams expect injuries to happen and think that having someone a bit better than replacement level is worth 275000.

or you could have bowey as your replacement defenceman

Chicago is in a rebuild - they are looking to find players with upside to build a contender.  They made it known that they are willing to leverage their cap space for futures.  Why take a cap dump in Connolly if it’s to get a 7th/8th D.  

Chicago has been rotating young Ds this season as they are looking to build a new D-corps.  Out of their young Ds only Boqvist and Kalynuk seem to be considered lineup regulars by Colliton.

He’s also the same age as Juolevi.  Too early and not enough experience in the NHL to already call him a 7th/8th D.  

2 hours ago, mll said:

Chicago is in a rebuild - they are looking to find players with upside to build a contender.  They made it known that they are willing to leverage their cap space for futures.  Why take a cap dump in Connolly if it’s to get a 7th/8th D.  

Chicago has been rotating young Ds this season as they are looking to build a new D-corps.  Out of their young Ds only Boqvist and Kalynuk seem to be considered lineup regulars by Colliton.

He’s also the same age as Juolevi.  Too early and not enough experience in the NHL to already call him a 7th/8th D.  

lets not pretend that Chicago didnt send under performing prospects back. and stillman is playing in chicago that means he might be overpaid but is still a asset.

honestly i think florida fleeced chicago on this trade.