The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 26, 4 p.m. l TSN5, SNP

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, AbrasiveAjax said:

The lower body injury is concerning?? Whats up with that?

Get well Demko, we need you real soon

With Demko, and Petey, being handled the way they are I would think the organization is being overly cautious for this season. It would certainly be nice to make a run but not at the expense of some injuries that in a regular length season would be kept out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

My parents used to get the province delivered everyday when I was younger, it was a great read ! Way better than the vancouver sun IMO :P  

digital media just isn't the same as a physical document, kind of like e-books vs paperbacks.

especially at the height of the canucks last high point, that 2009-12 timeframe, there were so many (actual, educated  credentialed) writers on the beat producing daily content. between the province and sun, plus tsn, sportsnet etc, there were like 10 high quality articles everyday without having to resort to the recycled, pointless dreck from places like canucks way and canucks army.

• Cheers 2

Just now, tas said:

especially at the height of the canucks last high point, that 2009-12 timeframe, there were so many (actual, educated  credentialed) writers on the beat producing daily content. between the province and sun, plus tsn, sportsnet etc, there were like 10 high quality articles everyday without having to resort to the recycled, pointless dreck from places like canucks way and canucks army.

The province was the best simply because of the posters they had inside. Every year my room wall would be covered with them. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

To get us rolling.

Here's some motivation from the game 10 years ago today:

MATCH-UP INFO

• Tonight marks the eighth of nine meetings between Ottawa and Vancouver this season: Jan. 25 (7-1 W), Jan. 27 (5-1 W), Jan. 28 (4-1 W), Mar. 15 (3-2 OTW), Mar. 17 (3-2 SOW), Apr. 22 (3-0 L), Apr. 24 (4-2 W), Apr. 26 (road), Apr. 28 (road).
  • Vancouver is 8-2-0 in their last 10 games vs Ottawa (4-1-0 in their last 5).
  • The Canucks have a 31-17-2-2 all-time record in 52 contests vs the Senators. Vancouver owns a 13-9-1-1 all-time record on the road against Ottawa.
  • J.T. Miller (4-3-7), Bo Horvat (1-6-7), and Quinn Hughes (1-6-7) lead the Canucks in scoring in the 2020.21 season series vs Ottawa.
  • Vancouver boasts the highest save percentage in the North Division against Ottawa this season (.951 SV%).
  • Thatcher Demko is 5-2-0 in his career vs the Senators, with a 1.98 GAA and .943 SV%.
  • Braden Holtby owns an 11-3-1 record in 15 career games vs Ottawa along with a 1.99 GAA and .934 SV%.

QUICK NUMBERS

• Brock Boeser has 15 points (5-10-15) in his last 17 games.
  • Bo Horvat has 16 points (7-9-16) in his last 15 games.
  • Quinn Hughes has 11 points (1-10-11) in his last 16 games.
  • J.T. Miller has 14 points (6-8-14) in his last 17 games.
  • Thatcher Demko (8-4-0) has posted a 2.14 GAA and .936 SV% over his last 12 starts.
  • Braden Holtby (3-0-1) has registered a 2.68 GAA and .925 SV% over his last 4 starts.

LAST MEETING - APR. 24/21: VAN 4 vs OTT 2

Nate Schmidt opened the scoring with his fourth goal of the season, unassisted, at 1:43 in the first period. Brock Boeser restored Vancouver's one-goal lead with his team-leading 17th goal of the season on the power play at 4:46 in the second period. Quinn Hughes and J.T. Miller recorded the assists.Tanner Pearson notched the late go-ahead goal and eventual GWG at 13:45 in the third period, assisted by Bo Horvat and Travis Hamonic. J.T. Miller sealed the victory with an empty-net goal at 19:06 in the third period.Tyler Motte and Bo Horvat drew the assists.Tanner Pearson led all Canucks in shots (5).Travis Hamonic paced all skaters with 5 blocked shots. Bo Horvat went 18-for-24 (75.0%) in the face-off circle. Braden Holtby made 26 saves in his third straight win.

RECENT TRANSACTIONS

• Michael DiPietro loaned to Utica, Apr. 25/21
  • Madison Bowey activated to taxi squad from COVID exempt list, Apr. 23/21
  • Olli Juolevi emergency recall converted to regular recall, Apr. 23/21
  • Michael DiPietro recalled from taxi squad under emergency conditions, Apr. 23/21
  • Ashton Sautner loaned to taxi squad, Apr. 22/21

Oh my gosh, what a pick me up! Goose bumps! Watching that video again made my day! 

Go Canucks Go!!!!  YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Anyone heard any indication on if and when Rathbone and Lind might get their shot to play? I can’t imagine we called both up in the midst of good AHL starts just to sit around on the taxi squad. 

As long as the Canucks are mathematically alive and the team isn't depleted with injuries i don't think we'll see them anytime soon. 

32 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Anyone heard any indication on if and when Rathbone and Lind might get their shot to play? I can’t imagine we called both up in the midst of good AHL starts just to sit around on the taxi squad. 

I wonder if the Canucks don’t want to showcase players like Lind and Gadjovich to the Kraken scouts. They’re probably less likely to be taken in the expansion draft if they’ve never been playing against NHL competition.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Wish Demko a speedy recovery. Hope that Holtby can continue to carry the load and hold the fort down for us. This is going to be great experience for Silovs. Not highly touted but he has some untapped potential and we could groom him to be our backup some point in the near future. Boys need to keep playing the way they did last game. GCG!

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Demko suffered the injury at today's morning skate. There aren't many details how the injury occurred, but it sounds like more of a minor tweak.

Do we have any idea, which guy on the team, broke our goalie?  ;)

50 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

My guess is that Rathbone will get into one of the next 2 or 3 games, but that they will give him lots of practice time with the team, before giving him a shot.

Lind, won't be surprised if we see him get a look sometime during this trip as well. They need to balance team energy as we get into the more hectic part of the schedule. Watch for a regular turn on our bottom 6, rotating guys in and out of Taxi on a game by game basis.

• Cheers 1