The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 26, 4 p.m. l TSN5, SNP

Rate this topic

-DLC-

59 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Anyone heard any indication on if and when Rathbone and Lind might get their shot to play? I can’t imagine we called both up in the midst of good AHL starts just to sit around on the taxi squad. 

Ask DiPetrio.  Hasn't played a game this season yet (here or in the minors)

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

My parents used to get the province delivered everyday when I was younger, it was a great read ! Way better than the vancouver sun IMO :P  

digital media just isn't the same as a physical document, kind of like e-books vs paperbacks.

As a kid I bought my first bike with money I earned by delivering the Sun. Good times.

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's something about a physical newspaper I enjoy. Maybe because I know they can't change the printing until a later edition. :)

Anyone remember the Canucks medallion collection over a decade ago?  You have to get the newspaper coupon and then buy it at a 7/11?  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vancouver-Canucks-2002-03-Medallion-Collection-/324362711892?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Jaimito

1 hour ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Anyone heard any indication on if and when Rathbone and Lind might get their shot to play? I can’t imagine we called both up in the midst of good AHL starts just to sit around on the taxi squad. 

not if we are winning unless injuries happen?? my guess

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Whether Nux makes the playoffs or not, its just so great to read the GDT full of hope and positive vibes...

Great that the boys are having a go at it... long may it last...

Then there's HatedKid's post that we're all stupid because we don't want Benning fired. Which seems to be deleted? :)

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

The lower body injury is concerning?? Whats up with that?

Get well Demko, we need you real soon

Lower body means he most likely tweaked his groin. Just a hunch but after a long layoff groin injuries are common. Especially for a goalie...

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Back when i had a paper route... let's just say they sucked because really they did.  Character though.  Couldn't imagine kids over the last 20-30 years having to get up at 4:30 to go do their thing 7 days a week, 5 of which you then went to school later.   Suppose farmers wouldn't think much of it, but yes city folk didn't like it.    For maybe 1/3 of whatever minimum wage is at the time.   But can say i did like how quiet everything was, and also liked how peaceful it was.   And watching the sunrise every day. 

But didn't like collecting for the papers (because that's what you did back then, and the smells coming out of each house was for sure a unique one)  ...  Even better the "white van" dropped the papers on each corner.    Today that's a scary thing to chase at 5:00am, today i mean, back then it was like sh!t when's he coming im getting cold.   God help you if it your route wasn't done by 7:00am.  Some old ashole would come out screaming why it wasn't there yet (at least they are all dead now).    Then to school.   Funny thing is it wasn't too bad either.  Done a lot worse jobs.   Wish my kids had to do it.   Well really wish all kids in the first world had to do it the past three decades.   Back to the building character thing.    At least some of the NHLers still grow up on farms. 

Edit:  Just for reference this was the early-mid 80's...the only thing scarier then a paper route was Aids. 

You were making a fortune compared to my days. B)

Me:

The initial hourly rates would be 85 cents for women, $1 for most males, and $1.25 for construction workers.

You:

British Columbia  

01-Jul-80
$3.40

01-Dec-80
$3.65
  • Huggy Bear 1