The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 26, 4 p.m. l TSN5, SNP

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, WHL rocks said:

This.

Especially down the stretch drive when every team comes to play getting reved up for a playoff run..

No easy games and our schedule is horrible..

Its just going to be hard without Pettersson, need a gamebreaker like that who can something happen even against the flow of play or in a tight game. 

Getting into the playoffs with the state of this roster would be a remarkable accomplishment, still praying for the best but its going to be hard. Just want to see us continue to fight & we'll find out who's a keeper and who isn't.

On the plus side I thought Juolevi had a really strong game tonight, could tell he felt confident. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Highmore has been one of our better bottom 6 forwards.  Weird guy to pick out. 

I'd like to see Lind and Rathbone though.  For me Vesey would be the one sitting. 

For me its Hawryluk, guy can't make a pass or hold onto the puck. I'd keep Vesey and Boyd before him

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Lets hope Demko gets healthy. With five back to backs they will need him.

I am not quite ready to say TANK yet but soon.  The Habs are in the drivers seat.

We need to lose now and often for the greater good of the future.  No way we can compete with this talent pool so need to retool

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

For me its Hawryluk, guy can't make a pass or hold onto the puck. I'd keep Vesey and Boyd before him

Too bad we can't take the three of them and make them into one good bottom 6 guy.  Either way, hopefully it's Lind time soon. 

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Nah we only have 3 back to backs left

April   28th / 29th

May     3rd /  4th

10th /11th

15th /16th

18th /19th

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

We need to lose now and often for the greater good of the future.  No way we can compete with this talent pool so need to retool

I like this idea but there are those who will jump down your throat for suggesting that we tank.    LOL

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

Hawryluk battles hard but doesn't have NHL skill. 

Vesey has some ability. I thought originally his size, hands & skating ability might be useful (looked that way), lately he's brought nothing.

Boyd I'm not really sure about.. seems similar to Hawryluk but maybe slightly better skill & less grit. Haven't been blow away by him.

Highmore seems to be the best. Good work ethic & can kill penalties. Can't create with skill but can create with work ethic. 

5 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

I've been jumping on it for months now but the team keeps pushing me off like sadistic torture. Like a cat playing with a mouse until the dog arrives.

I was fully aboard the team tank until Montreal started choking. Cruel game to play indeed. 

Just now, Honky Cat said:

I thought the Canucks came out with a lot of jump at the beginning of the game . The energy level just dropped off as the game went on.

Adrenaline only works for so long.  COVID/schedule has worn them down.  They're only human.

• Vintage 1

Green says he hadn’t notice his team being hemmed in the D zone.  Either he’s gone blind or he’s not paying attention.  He’s thinks he’s protecting the players but these are professionals, they ought to know what is true and what is bullsh*t.