The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 26, 4 p.m. l TSN5, SNP

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

A video refresher on how the Canucks landed Pavel Bure.

It's a little ironic that Quin asked Burke to find a way to get Bure, Burke did, and then  wanted to pass on him anyways "that's a small gentleman", well he comes by it honestly.  Quin ignored his advice and drafted him anyways. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The $100,000 question is - why not?  It's been 10 years since we were last in a SCF.  

If based just on history,
1982 to 1994 was 12 years.
1994 to 2011 was 17 years.

If linear, it increased by 5 years, does that mean the next SCF appearance by the Canucks will be 22 years after the last - so 2033? 

Talk about pathetic.

You should be able to rebuild faster than that...

Last 20 SC Champs:

Devils X2
Avs X1
Lightning X2
Hurricanes X1
Ducks X1
Wings X2
Penguins X3
Hawks X3
Bruins X1
Kings X2
Caps X1
Blues X1

Yeah, not as futile as the Sabres...but man it really sucks being a Canucks fan...specially one like me that's been cheering for them since 1975!

Odds right now, like flipping a coin - we have odds of winning a cup once every 32 years starting next season.   Odds of making the final go up by half.   So far ... well i won't get into it because the league keeps getting bigger.  Every time you flip a coin it's always 50/50, no matter how many heads or tails you get in a row.   

27 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The $100,000 question is - why not?  It's been 10 years since we were last in a SCF.  

If based just on history,
1982 to 1994 was 12 years.
1994 to 2011 was 17 years.

If linear, it increased by 5 years, does that mean the next SCF appearance by the Canucks will be 22 years after the last - so 2033? 

Talk about pathetic.

You should be able to rebuild faster than that...

Last 20 SC Champs:

Devils X2
Avs X1
Lightning X2
Hurricanes X1
Ducks X1
Wings X2
Penguins X3
Hawks X3
Bruins X1
Kings X2
Caps X1
Blues X1

Yeah, not as futile as the Sabres...but man it really sucks being a Canucks fan...specially one like me that's been cheering for them since 1975!

you forgot the starting point.

1970 -1982 = 12 years

so there was a time when pattern watcher/believers thought 1970-82 = 12 years

1982-94 = 12 years

1994-2006= 12 years

but that is where the numbers failed us

but maybe it was 12,12,17,17 (you know I am just making this up)

but 17 after 2011 would be 2028

Boeser 30

Miller 34

Horvat 32

Hughes 27

Demko31

Pettersson 28

Edler (might be retired by then) 41

seems like a more likely chance/time frame

but I don't believe in these kind of numbers, I am just doing this to take 5 years off your mind.

besides we still need to draft a #2 RHD and a 3rd + 4th line C, so if Jimmer hits on those this draft they will be 25 by then and just entering their prime

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's a little ironic that Quin asked Burke to find a way to get Bure, Burke did, and then  wanted to pass on him anyways "that's a small gentleman", well he comes by it honestly.  Quin ignored his advice and drafted him anyways. 

Canucks really did some sneaky **** in getting him drafted.  Lol, finding mysterious game day sheets with Bure’s name in it so he would be eligible to be drafted.  Plenty of corruption over there, all you have to do is slip a bag of small unmarked bills to the right officials.

But hey, it ain’t cheating if you don’t get caught!  League has been after the Canucks ever since.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Canucks really did some sneaky **** it getting him drafted.  Lol, finding mysterious game day sheets with Burke’s name in it so he would be eligible to be drafted.  Plenty of corruption over there, all you have to do is slip a bag of small unmarked bills to the right officials.

But hey, it ain’t cheating if you don’t get caught!  League has been after the Canucks ever since.

Granted it’s Burkie telling the story but it shows how clever he and the other staff were. I’m not sure that we have those kind of smarts to pull something like that off anymore.

• Cheers 1