The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Could be a make or break day for the team. If the same thing happens as on Monday (we lose in regulation, Montreal wins), we go down to needing about an 11-2-0 record to make it in, nearly impossible. Currently, we're at about a 10-4-0 record needed.

If the best case scenario happens, we go to needing about a 9-4-0 record (8-4-1 if you want to be optimistic).

• Vintage 2

Team looks exhausted. Part of me wants them to keep roating guys in to keep some fresh but even the new faces didn't look all that fresh last game. Still proud of them. Kept it within striking distance.

Strap in though, it's going to be a bumpy ride.:canucks:

3-1 final (undecided who wins though:unsure:)

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Would be nice to see Rathbone and Lind. 

22 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You know who's not tired? Lind and Rathbone :bigblush:  

Yup. And no shortage of current lineup players who could be swapped out in favour of them, whether due to game performance/results, fatigue, or just using player rotation as a responsible strategy to manage the team’s post-Covid recovery.

Really no excuse for not rotating these guys (and others) through the lineup, IMO.

• Cheers 3

And will there be a Madison Bowey sighting?

Rathbone and Bowey would need the paper transaction to move from the Taxi squad to the roster, and that would mean moving 2 from the active roster to the squad.  Bowey could replace Chatfield as both are right Ds, but realistically to make room for Rathbone it would be Juolevi who would move and I can't see that happening.  Of course a forward could be taxied (Michaelis?)

I would imagine there is some discussion around resting Edler in the back-to-backs which might give Rathbone a look, but he would need to be assigned to the roster first 

It may be that Bowey was acquired just to have a defenseman who met the expansion criteria, allowing us to protect Myers, Schmidt and Juolevi,  and we might never see Madison in a Canucks sweater

The Canucks need a jolt of energy. Is a good time to give a couple of young guys a shot. And by shot i dont mean play them 5-7 minutes in a sheltered role. See what they actually have.

Wouldnt mind seeing:

On D

Hughes-Hamonic

Rathbone-Schmidt

Juolevi-Myers

Rest Edler

On F

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Lind-Miller-Boeser

Motte-Sutter-Hawryluk

Roussel/Highmore-Boyd-Virtanen

Vesey out