Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Remember how much fun a winning team is .... no? , ya me neither 

sad thinking Benning’s talking a couple more years of this

really thought we’d have a better team by now 

You mean you thought that after 7 years we would have more depth, better prospects, fewer NTC/NMC, fewer over paid bottom six forwards, better D, and a higher standing for a cap payroll? How unrealistic :-)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Good year to tank. Lots of good players in the top ten to draft. 

I hope you're right rekker...  Seems like the biggest crapshoot of a year.  I'd almost rather have the 15th and 20th overall picks then the 5th overall pick this year. 

We'll see...  people are talking about the top 15 players being somewhat clear, but this is all a very shallow knowledge base.  The U-18 tournament is going on now, I'll be curious to see who comes out looking good/bad. 

Everyone talks about defensive structure - which I agree needs drastic improve and new defensive coach should bring improvements in my opinion 

BUT 

Coming into this game the Canucks were 24th in goals for per game. 

Our power play and penalty kill is below average. 

I feel like this team has potential. Sure schedule and covid played a big role - so I say no need to drastic changes to the roster (improvement needed for sure but out core is shaping up). I think give it another year with some fresh coaches (assistant at least) and a regular schedule and then let's see how they do. 

• Cheers 1