The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

18 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I hope you're right rekker...  Seems like the biggest crapshoot of a year.  I'd almost rather have the 15th and 20th overall picks then the 5th overall pick this year. 

We'll see...  people are talking about the top 15 players being somewhat clear, but this is all a very shallow knowledge base.  The U-18 tournament is going on now, I'll be curious to see who comes out looking good/bad. 

The young kid from Belarus is getting rave reviews

https://eprinkside.com/2021/04/28/danila-klimovich-continues-to-steal-the-show-at-the-u18-world-hockey-championship

Edited by Googlie

16 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I hope you're right rekker...  Seems like the biggest crapshoot of a year.  I'd almost rather have the 15th and 20th overall picks then the 5th overall pick this year. 

We'll see...  people are talking about the top 15 players being somewhat clear, but this is all a very shallow knowledge base.  The U-18 tournament is going on now, I'll be curious to see who comes out looking good/bad. 

Lots of good centers and D in the top ten. At least that to look forward to. Lol.

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Btw Juolevi had a bit of a tough game today.  I wonder if we see Rathbone come in tomorrow. 

everyone had a rough game, green better put in Lind tomorrow or i mgiht have to join canuck2288 and dumbnuck.....lol jkin.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Btw Juolevi had a bit of a tough game today.  I wonder if we see Rathbone come in tomorrow. 

He wasn’t the worst defender tonight. OJ and Myers did have a gaff in that 1st goal but that Tkachuk goal was Hamonic/Hughes fault not recognizing the guy behind them with the long change. Didn’t even at least let Myers/OJ know that guy was there, mental error on Hughes/Hamonic’s part. 

Personally I would sit Edler and bring up Rathbone. Yeah it probably would make us suck more but OJ and Rathbone need games. We should be rotating our young D/veteran D to keep them fresh and healthy. Maybe get Rafferty some time too. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Only caught the last ten minutes of the third. It's a disappointing loss.

My observation from watching the last few games against the Sens:

- Sens have a pretty good offensive structure from breakouts to providing support to maintain possession in the offensive zone. They will be a good team pretty soon.

- We are basically a one line team (Horvat and Hoglander). 

- Somehow, Miller hasn't been able to anchor a productive line without Petey. It looks like Miller is best used as a winger moving forward.

The bottom 6 needs an overhaul this summer. With Beagle out, we don't have a reliable 4C. Sutter scored today but man he looks overwhelmed. Possibly because of COVID but he just looked tired and unlike Sutter against the Sens in our first 3 games against them. Maybe Sutter has started his decline, if so, we shouldn't re-sign him and we need to find a replacement. 

Filing 3C and 4C will be a major challenge this offseason.