The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Some of that was coaching, they were talking about it during the game

To begin the season our road powerplay was absolutely garbage, we went like 0/20+ 

Def lost us some games 

Newell Brown is not creative. Highly doubt anyone would hire him after his stint here. Unless they’re on seriously hard drugs. 

4 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Such a rough game tonight, Demko let in two softies and then Quinn, Edler and Miller left him out to dry with those turnovers and getting out-hustled down low.

Can always trust Sutter to score an inconsequential coast-to-coast goal though, and hopefully we start Holtby tomorrow.

oh cool, more lies.

canuks have 8 wins and 3 losses when sutter records a point

• Vintage 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

He’s definitely an offensive player but Clarke has made big strides defensively playing pro in Europe. He’s a aggressive defender, almost to a fault, and he’s been using his elite skating  in both ends of the ice well. 

Had a 4 point game in his first u18 WJC game. 

He started pro hockey like a -5 early on in Slovakia and picked up his game and ended up +6 5 goals 10 assists in 26 games. 

Dude could maybe step into the NHL sooner than most D this draft too and I believe he could play in the AHL right away after starting pro in Europe. He’s maybe prepared for AHL hockey next year, Slovakia was a good stepping stone. 

I’m with you on Clarke. He’s my guy. Id rather be realistic. I don’t plan on the Canucks to ever pick in the top 3 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

was gunna say at least MTL vs Leafs is on, but there getting stomped too.

COL VGK is the gane to watch STL just scored 20 secs left in 3rd to take lead

Now COL VGK and oilers peg during intermissions and commercial breaks.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Pathetic performance reflective of our pathetic coaching

We lose 3 in a row to Ottawa and delusional followers of Green want to extend him?

roll the loser culture excuses, what is it going to be tonight?

- schedule?

- tired?

- covid? 

Fire Green

Fire Benning 

That is not an excuse, son.  It's a reality.  How do you not get that?  The schedule will become a reality starting next week btw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Flames are done. You know we will beat them a couple times at the end of the year. Haha. It’s the Canucks way. Im ok with putting them outta their misery haha. 

Canucks have a better shot. It just sad right now with the way this Ottawa series went. The trajectory doesn’t look good 

its harder to watch because they are actually trying. I feel for the guys this is a crap sandwich they've been handed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

oh cool, more lies.

canuks have 8 wins and 3 losses when sutter records a point

Thanks for explaining what you mean... not sure what else to call goals that squeak through Demko, or when Hughes falls down, or Miller just turns it over and so Hughes faces a 2-on-1 down low, or if Tierney beats Edler to a puck.  Unless you're referring to the Sutter comment, in which case of course the 3rd goal late in a 3-6 loss is greatly consequential.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

on paper, we should be doing much better based on the talent up to the covid outbreak, unless I'm really wearing homer goggles. 

Green with new special teams guys might be the answer. 

Green himself seems like a decent enough coach, but his assistants here are frankly.. trash. At this point given his track record over four seasons though, it's easier move on from the whole trio and give someone else a shot at taking this team to the next level.

Green should find work again at some point, the other two? I dunno.. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Newell Brown is not creative. Highly doubt anyone would hire him after his stint here. Unless they’re on seriously hard drugs. 

Him and Baumer are awful, they gotta go. With different assistants who knows how this season might have gone. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its harder to watch because they are actually trying. I feel for the guys this is a crap sandwich they've been handed. 

Me too. Whatever that was at the beginning of the year and with this Covid that happened I think we deserved a better fate. I think we have good defence and goaltending. Need more depth within the forward group. But there’s more to it then that this year. Coaching and unfortunate events perhaps 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

to prove what? that green is wrong? 

there is a reason 4 year olds dont start school in grade one.

Not proving anything. That was just my personal opinion. 

Id rather focus on next year and get some of these young guys experience. I also don’t want to run our regulars into the ground playing a compressed schedule right after dealing with COVID. Last thing we need is guys potentially getting injured.

Just cause Green says and thinks a certain way doesn’t mean he’s always right. He’s open to criticisms as much as anybody.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Green himself seems like a decent enough coach, but his assistants here are frankly.. trash. At this point given his track record over four seasons though, it's easier move on from the whole trio and give someone else a shot at taking this team to the next level.

Green should find work again at some point, the other two? I dunno.. 

Him and Baumer are awful, they gotta go. With different assistants who knows how this season might have gone. 

Green probably wants his guys with him as part of an extension. Ah well. 

Dunno, I've never been that attached to any coaching staff, they are like any other part of the organization, everyone is replaceable at some point. 

2 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Thanks for explaining what you mean... not sure what else to call goals that squeak through Demko, or when Hughes falls down, or Miller just turns it over and so Hughes faces a 2-on-1 down low, or if Tierney beats Edler to a puck.  Unless you're referring to the Sutter comment, in which case of course the 3rd goal late in a 3-6 loss is greatly consequential.

listen i am tottaly aware i'm 

Ice Skater Falls Through Thin Ice GIF by ViralHog

• Haha 1

On the bright side Utica won in OT. Gadjovich with the winner for one of his 2 goals. Kids been a monster this year with 14 goals in 18 games.  Could be and should be a legitimate option for the bottom 6 next year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

COL VGK is the gane to watch STL just scored 20 secs left in 3rd to take lead

Now COL VGK and oilers peg during intermissions and commercial breaks.

I would not want to play St Louis in the first round.  They dismantled Colorado recently.  Binnington's catching fire and they're looking like the Stanley Cup champs with Tarasenko back there.  Don't think that Faulk is that much of a downgrade on Pietrangelo at all. 

There will be some good series in the West!  Can't wait to watch them duke it out.