The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m with you on Clarke. He’s my guy. Id rather be realistic. I don’t plan on the Canucks to ever pick in the top 3 

I am not sure he does go top 3. This draft is a little weird. Not many clear cut guys that stand out and the top 10 is full of good prospects. Hard to predict who goes where. 

I am just hoping if we continue seeing losing results we’re able to get into the top 10. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not proving anything. That was just my personal opinion. 

Id rather focus on next year and get some of these young guys experience. I also don’t want to run our regulars into the ground playing a compressed schedule right after dealing with COVID. Last thing we need is guys potentially getting injured.

Just cause Green says and thinks a certain way doesn’t mean he’s always right. He’s open to criticisms as much as anybody.  

true, but oh hey, what's that over there.

season 4 poof GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Green probably wants his guys with him as part of an extension. Ah well. 

Dunno, I've never been that attached to any coaching staff, they are like any other part of the organization, everyone is replaceable at some point. 

I’m sort of lukewarm in my support for TG but returning with the same trio next year would be a non-starter for me. If that was one of his demands then he can take them with him to Seattle or wherever he winds up.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am not sure he does go top 3. This draft is a little weird. Not many clear cut guys that stand out and the top 10 is full of good prospects. Hard to predict who goes where. 

I am just hoping if we continue seeing losing results we’re able to get into the top 10. 

Yes exactly what I meant. I don’t expect him to go in the top 3 either. That’s why I’ve had my eye on Clarke. I like the fact that he’s a right handed D. We desperately need that in the pipeline. I will trust our selection but thinking out loud I’d shoot for Clarke cause like I said I won’t even pretend it’s a possibility  for Canucks to pick in the top 3.

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Funny thing is we are still in this if Montreal loses in about 40 min. 

I tried making that point as well. We are still in it. It’s just hard to get that feel good feeling after this series with the Sens. 

Maybe it’s just the Canucks way to lose to the Bottom and beat the Top. For that reason we are still in it. Classic Canucks lol

• Cheers 1

Benning should be gone for the simple fact of letting Toffoli walk, absolutely brain dead decision. If ownership can't see that then maybe they need to sell the team to a more knowledgeable person/group........Sigh :picard:

Edited by Bure2Win
  • Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Funny thing is we are still in this if Montreal loses in about 40 min. 

Did you not watch us play this last 4 games

Under this coaching staff we have zero chance of making the playoffs

playoffs? We can’t even win more than 1 game out of 4 vs Ottawa 

as much as Montreal may lose the odd game we have proven we can win more games than we lose 

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I tried making that point as well. We are still in it. It’s just hard to get that feel good feeling after this series with the Sens. 

Maybe it’s just the Canucks way to lose to the Bottom and beat the Top. For that reason we are still in it. Classic Canucks lol

Lets see how we play against the Leafs in Toronto 

pretty certain another blowout loss is forthcoming unless we get big save Dave charity again 

• RoughGame 1

23 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

@Petey_BOI were the post game interviews worth watching lol, i didnt bother.

i think they were worth a watch.

the media only through demko under the bus. travis called out players that had a bad game, but said thats fine. travis said we cant play so unmotivated and stupid without saying those words. he also said being tired is not a excuse

• Thanks 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Lets see how we play against the Leafs in Toronto 

pretty certain another blowout loss is forthcoming unless we get big save Dave charity again 

Yeah you could be right there. But I’ve been surprised before. I ain’t ready to call it a season though. That ain’t how I roll 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Jim’s team meeting expectation of being a failure. (Again) 
can’t say I’m  surprised. 
hope the third worst gm in franchise history and worst gm currently employed  gets canned soon. 

BD5CAC00-34FB-4713-BC18-894B6AA8EE62.jpeg

518F7229-312C-49CD-A435-A7F843F175D7.jpeg

Can you name a potential replacement please?