Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic


-SN-

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Canucks-12 said:

Canucks are either gonna get a top 5 pick or make the playoffs. Good chance at both, but most likely a top draft pick.

Don’t be so positive dammit lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol this season is so f$&_ed, I ain't even mad.  I'm just glad I got to watch some hockey and I'm happy to not get so worked up over things I have no control over.  

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

For people that feel coaching does not matter ask yourself if the Oilers have a better roster than us defensively? Better defensive towards? Better D men? Better Goalies? 
 

I do not think they do however why are they so much better defensively than we are? 
 

coaching, systems and structure 

im on board with the fire baumer and brown wagon, hopefully can re-sign clarke, dont mind green but if we can find someone better and the owners are willing to pay, im all for it.

  • Hydration 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I think everyone can agree coaching matters. Otherwise there wouldn’t be coaches.

 

You continue to miss the point 

I have a lot of experience coaching other sports as well as people in business, I have a pretty good read on people and I know very well how to build a team and I do have to agree with canuck2288, Green is not the one to take us to the promised land. I think COVID bonded the team and I was hoping it would bond Green to them but I do not see that happening. They do need to finish the season with him but we need a fresh start next year. You just can’t have an inexperienced team with an inexperienced coach, just makes no sense whatsoever.

 

Should Green be gone for next season I’d be curious to see canuck2288s posts as the season progresses, but for now to me he just seems passionate about a cause I agree with and I know I love my team and want to see a cup soon and I believe the sooner we get rid of Green the sooner we can get back on track to that goal.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Disappointing effort but anyone (if anyone is) chirping this team right now needs to slap themselves...hard. How can you possibly draw hard and fast conclusions about the team during this season, let alone at this point? Rhetorical question, not actually looking for people's stupid responses.

oh, so just agree with you because you must be right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Canucks are either gonna get a top 5 pick or make the playoffs. Good chance at both, but most likely a top draft pick.

Here’s a look at the top of Bob Mackenzie’s list.

 

 

A5BCF042-8335-4FD1-AFD3-F2F58B28F022.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

News flash, we were out of contention prior to the Covid outbreak but keep playing it up 

 

every team has had a tough schedule, its a condensed season 

 

keep coming up with the excuses though become heaven forbid it can’t be our coaching, lack of structure, lack of opponent specific game plans, lack of in game adjustments 

 

the Green cult will never admit fault 

 

Players get beat and you blame the 'coaching'.  Heaven forbid the players take any responsibility.  Oh wait, they actually did post game.  

 

I'll pass on carving out either.  

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Here’s a look at the top of Bob Mackenzie’s list.

 

 

A5BCF042-8335-4FD1-AFD3-F2F58B28F022.jpeg

i hope we end up with eklund or lucious. nothing to with skill or potential. thier names are perfect.

 

i mean who doesn't want to hear eklund rumours

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Here’s a look at the top of Bob Mackenzie’s list.

 

 

A5BCF042-8335-4FD1-AFD3-F2F58B28F022.jpeg

Owen Power, how can you lose with Owen Power on your team?

On top of that he’s huge, we’re should draft him just for his name, the size is a bonus.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I have a lot of experience coaching other sports as well as people in business, I have a pretty good read on people and I know very well how to build a team and I do have to agree with canuck2288, Green is not the one to take us to the promised land. I think COVID bonded the team and I was hoping it would bond Green to them but I do not see that happening. They do need to finish the season with him but we need a fresh start next year. You just can’t have an inexperienced team with an inexperienced coach, just makes no sense whatsoever.

 

Should Green be gone for next season I’d be curious to see canuck2288s posts as the season progresses, but for now to me he just seems passionate about a cause I agree with and I know I love my team and want to see a cup soon and I believe the sooner we get rid of Green the sooner we can get back on track to that goal.

You've got a good read eh?  So without being in practice, meetings, or generally anywhere behind closed doors you have a good read on Green's coaching?

 

Inexperienced?  14 years in the NHL, pays his dues in Junior and the American league and he's inexperienced?  

 

Some things never change around here

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Owen Power, how can you lose with Owen Power on your team?

On top of that he’s huge, we’re should draft him just for his name, the size is a bonus.

That would be the dream! Someone can correct me but believe he is  RD to boot.

 

Canuck luck says this will not happen.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

For people that feel coaching does not matter ask yourself if the Oilers have a better roster than us defensively? Better defensive towards? Better D men? Better Goalies? 
 

I do not think they do however why are they so much better defensively than we are? 
 

coaching, systems and structure 

We have 4 top 6 forwards

We have 4 bottom 6 forwards

 

We have 2, maybe 3 top 4 dmen

We have 3 bottom pair dmen

 

Yes, Edmonton is better in at least 2 out of the 4 areas you ask about. 

 

Teams need an identity. Some are offensive minded, they are a bit weak on D, but hope to outscore their opposition. They hope to win 5-4. They build their team that way

Others are defensive minded. They want to win 2-1. They build their team that way

Others are built with both in mind - they want to win 3-2 or 4-3. They build their team that way

 

Once you determine your identity, and you build it that way, then the coaches need to coach to it

 

We have a hodge-podge lineup, with no real identity. What are we? 

 

What "Style" would you recommend they play? With this roster 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Angry Goose said:

You've got a good read eh?  So without being in practice, meetings, or generally anywhere behind closed doors you have a good read on Green's coaching?

 

Inexperienced?  14 years in the NHL, pays his dues in Junior and the American league and he's inexperienced?  

 

Some things never change around here

I would argue that yes, coaching for 5 years in sub-NHL leagues qualifies as an inexperienced NHL coach. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Owen Power, how can you lose with Owen Power on your team?

On top of that he’s huge, we’re should draft him just for his name, the size is a bonus.

cant remember if it was tsn or where but bob mckenzie said he's good at everything but not super great at one thing also he was saying he isnt super physical with his size which was disappointing, i'd still be really happy with the pick though and maybe he can learn too use his size.

  • Hydration 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

You've got a good read eh?  So without being in practice, meetings, or generally anywhere behind closed doors you have a good read on Green's coaching?

 

Inexperienced?  14 years in the NHL, pays his dues in Junior and the American league and he's inexperienced?  

 

Some things never change around here

Meh, so far he’s proven me right.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...