The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

He'll never coach in Vancouver. He was deeply involved in an ugly incident which involved the Sedins, and tasteless posthumous comments made about #37.

That was Seguin and Benn in DAL. I dont recall Gallant saying anything negative about Sedins. Maybe i forgot.. wanna refresh my memory thx

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

That was Seguin and Benn in DAL. I dont recall Gallant saying anything negative about Sedins. Maybe i forgot.. wanna refresh my memory thx

I believe Shawn Thornton made a comment about Ryp during the game vs the Panthers that caused scuffle after the Canucks won in OT.

Gallant was defending his players during that scuffle.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

2016 post OT@ FLA brawl was sparked by the usual "sisters" comment from some loser on the Panthers, and in the fracas Gallant told Gulatzan to kill himself like Rik did. So, he will never ever coach here, ever.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

2016 post OT@ FLA brawl was sparked by the usual "sisters" comment from some loser on the Panthers, and in the fracas Gallant told Gulatzan to kill himself like Rik did. So, he will never ever coach here, ever.

if thats true, thats pretty f#cked up.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I believe Shawn Thornton made a comment about Ryp during the game vs the Panthers that caused scuffle after the Canucks won in OT.

Gallant was defending his players during that scuffle.

I can't make sense of whats happening in that mess by I believe it was Gallant beaking at Gulatzan when those fated words were uttered. He'll never ever coach here.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, xereau said:

I thought that was Shawn Thornton. 

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I agree, I have no idea what to think about him. 
If the season ended and TG signed somewhere else the same people screaming for his head would be chanting “there you go DimJim ran outa time.”

General question, how many regular posters here do you think could even put a name to any system TG deploys?

How about for other team’s structured play or systems? 

I would guess maybe 3, tops. 

Doesn’t stop anyone from voicing bizarre opinions regardless of which side of the TG fence their supposedly on. :lol:  The more emotional, the further removed from any expertise it seems too. Good times. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I agree, I have no idea what to think about him. 
If the season ended and TG signed somewhere else the same people screaming for his head would be chanting “there you go DimJim ran outa time.”

If Green is not re-signed (which I think is the right choice), Benning should be let go as well. He’s had 7 years to bring this team to some form of being a contender. He’s made some smart moves, but far too many bad moves to be given any more rope. 

I truly hope the rumours of Aquilini being a cheapskate are false, as he’ll need to spend well to hire the proper GM and coach to get this team to contention. This team has some great pieces to build a team around, but seemingly can’t take the next step. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

General question, how many regular posters here do you think could even put a name to any system TG deploys?

Doesn’t stop anyone from voicing bizarre opinions regardless of which side of the TG fence their supposedly on. :lol:  The more emotional, the further removed from any expertise it seems too. Good times. 

Green's zero puck pressure passive defensive collapse system is stats on ice. It's not hockey. I know that much.

• Cheers 2

Just now, xereau said:

I can't make sense of whats happening in that mess by I believe it was Gallant beaking at Gulatzan when those fated words were uttered. He'll never ever coach here.

I am pretty sure I remember and post game interview it was implied that Thornton said something. I remember the Sedin’s wouldn’t talk about it when asked about Thornton. 

Wasn’t like the Sedins to go to the opposition bench like that after scoring a goal. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Imagine if what was said about players by other players was published?

Theo Fleury could tell stories. 

Sisters? Bahhh, that’s getting off easy.  Reallll easy :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am pretty sure I remember and post game interview it was implied that Thornton said something. I remember the Sedin’s wouldn’t talk about it when asked about Thornton. 

Wasn’t like the Sedins to go to the opposition bench like that after scoring a goal. 

Yep there's 2 seperate parts to this story. The Rypien thing was separate. The "sisters" thing came from the bench before OT started. Dank waited till they won to say anything back, and in the fracas the stuff between Gallant and Gulutzan. Bottom line is, he'll never have a job here.

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Yep there's 2 seperate parts to this story. The Rypien thing was separate. The "sisters" thing came from the bench before OT started. Dank waited till they won to say anything back, and in the fracas the stuff between Gallant and Gulutzan. Bottom line is, he'll never have a job here.

Is there concrete reports stating as such?

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Your number is probably pretty close and I’ll admit that number doesn’t include me. That’s why I like reading opinions on both sides. It’s never the opinion that bothers me it’s just the few posters who never have anything new to offer. There are posters on both sides that l tend to skip over because I know exactly what they’re going to say. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I have a lot of experience coaching other sports as well as people in business, I have a pretty good read on people and I know very well how to build a team and I do have to agree with canuck2288, Green is not the one to take us to the promised land. I think COVID bonded the team and I was hoping it would bond Green to them but I do not see that happening. They do need to finish the season with him but we need a fresh start next year. You just can’t have an inexperienced team with an inexperienced coach, just makes no sense whatsoever.

Should Green be gone for next season I’d be curious to see canuck2288s posts as the season progresses, but for now to me he just seems passionate about a cause I agree with and I know I love my team and want to see a cup soon and I believe the sooner we get rid of Green the sooner we can get back on track to that goal.

I know where you stand on the Green front and that’s totally cool man. I was irritated with it last year with the drinking game because I do think he’s been a fine enough coach and Canucks were starting to turn the corner at that time. Eventually the experienced coaches aren’t so much coaches anymore and new coaches have to start somewhere 

I’ve learnt to be more receptive to people’s opinions on here over time. I can accept a lot of it. 

Up until this season I’ve had some questions like anyone else. I don’t pretend to be a coach but the constant bickering is just spamming the forum. The constant nitpicking of things that really don’t have any bearing are annoying. And to top it off this isn’t the right time for this crap.

Green literally has no contact next year so why can’t a guy just drop it. He’s not getting fired. It’s as simple as that. Even if he’s not the right coach it ain’t right with the way this Covid, make the best of it kinda season is. 

And if a guy can’t grasp the concept of the schedule this season they are lost. We had played something like 5 games more then any other team before we had a huge break. That would have given the team a reset, some practices, some confidence going into the final stretch. But of course not, Covid variate strikes and now they have the schedule from hell again. 

This is a good team with great young players. It needs some work but it’s a better team then the standings show.

Opinions are fine. That’s what the forum is for. Be passionate but have some humility and empathy for crying out loud. I’m sick of people pretending like the know what’s going on with the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1