The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

image.jpeg.a43563171dd8dd8f6ce344b4708ed567.jpeg

Cap and talent management clearly shown to be a Jb strong point. 
jb the laughing stock of the league.

most gms would be fired for this kind of incompetence.

I think the leafs will be pump for revenge after getting embarrassed by us last time .

Jeebus if Ottawa can score 6  on us look out!! 

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rychicken said:

we just need to go 11-2 over the final 13 to get to 63 points which is believed to be the estimated number of points needed for the playoffs

once we do this, it will rank #2 on the all time most epic things to happen in sports history....narrowing missing out on dethroning Al Bundy's 4 touchdowns to clinch the city championship trophy for Polk High

+1 for Married with Children reference. 

Al Bundy 2Gif GIF by memecandy

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

At this point, I'm okay with the Canucks not making it to the post-season, but I'd love to see the Leafs get taken out early. And to help with this dream, I'd enjoy seeing Boeser on a 5-min major PP, taking slap shots at as many Leaf ankles as he can, Edler-style. Is that poor sportsmanship on my part? Perhaps...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, combover said:

Cap and talent management clearly shown to be a Jb strong point. 
jb the laughing stock of the league.

most gms would be fired for this kind of incompetence.

I think the leafs will be pump for revenge after getting embarrassed by us last time .

Jeebus if Ottawa can score 6  on us look out!! 

It wasn’t even sportsnet who posted that . It was a French sports station who has some hand games on

5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It’s all about the “spin”, gotta sell the point while ignoring the full story/facts. Love that Montreal posted that..oh and by the way...Carey the saviour and always injured price is 10 mil too...but who’s counting, I guess he’s not a forward or defence scoring goals...but bad contracts are everywhere you look. Not just Vancouver! But yes, throw the blinders on and let’s gooooo! Oh and how about 3.4 mil Paul Byron buried in the minors...too funny 

The point is fair. A guy who Van easily could have retained that wanted to be here is outperforming all those bad contracts Benning chose to hanv onto or re-sign instead. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The point is fair. A guy who Van easily could have retained that wanted to be here is outperforming all those bad contracts Benning chose to hanv onto or re-sign instead. 

I get that this is the story they are portraying but it’s not the whole story when taken in a team context. Every GM can strike gold here and there with UFAs and I acknowledge that we haven’t done well in that department but to me cap hit is cap hit. When looking at the full scope, they have made just as bad of mistakes as the Canucks and so has lots of other teams.

What I would love to see in the nhl is a failure to live up to contract clause like they do in the nba and nfl...if you don’t live up to your past performances then you get fired...and rightfully so! Why the nhl doesn’t do this is beyond me.

Edited by Attila Umbrus

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I get that this is the story they are portraying but it’s not the whole story when taken in a team context. Every GM can strike gold here and there with UFAs and I acknowledge that we haven’t done well in that department but to me cap hit is cap hit. When looking at the full scope, they have made just as bad of mistakes as the Canucks and lots of other teams.

What I would love to see in the nhl is a failure to live up to contract clause like they do in the nba and nfl...if you don’t live up to your past performances then you get fired...and rightfully so! Why the nhl doesn’t do this is beyond me.

The point wasnt really about Montreal though. They have obviously not managed their own cap very well.

But Toffoli staying in Van was such a layup and I think its fair to point out how both the contracts signed by Benning and his inability or unwillingness to dump any of them to keep Toffoli (who was a clear good fit in the top 6) are the reason he couldnt re-sign him.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The point wasnt really about Montreal though. They have obviously not managed their own cap very well.

But Toffoli staying in Van was such a layup and I think its fair to point out how both the contracts signed by Benning and his inability or unwillingness to dump any of them to keep Toffoli (who was a clear good fit in the top 6) are the reason he couldnt re-sign him.

It is super sad to see those comparisons, I do get what they are trying to portray. I just don’t like how it seems to only be posted to whip a s**t storm up in a already s**ty year. And not like they are doing much better than us right now. Guess I see it as the, trying to make themselves feel better about their team.

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It is super sad to see those comparisons, I do get what they are trying to portray. I just don’t like how it seems to only be posted to whip a s**t storm up in a already s**ty year. And not like they are doing much better than us right now. Guess I see it as the, trying to make themselves feel better about their team.

I dont think it was the Montreal team themselves that posted that was it?