The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

Oh well, looks like I won’t be changing my siggy any time soon, I have grown quite attached to anyways, I’ve been sporting it since the day I joined CDC.

I will, however, need to get extra drunk tonight as I go through 

The five stages of grief:
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.

Is there any proof of the extension, sounds like hearsay, I don’t buy it.

If it’s true, what is Aquaman thinking, what a moron, I’m so pissed.

Is there anyway we can bribe Seattle to make him a better offer?

Damnit, I’m so sad, think im gonna take a nap and then start drinking early.

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Either way he’s still sub .500 and if you just go wins vs. Losses he’s pretty bad.

Ok then why is it that everyone here wants to replace Green with Gallant. Using the same numbers GG is a sub .500 coach...

3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Ok then why is it that everyone here wants to replace Green with Gallant. Using the same numbers GG is a sub .500 coach...

G.      W.     L.    T.  O. 

541 270 216 4 51

Over .500.

3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Cause green has awful systems that get exploited every game and it seems like the team desperately needs a change.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Cause green has awful systems that get exploited every game and it seems like the team desperately needs a change.

I understand the people that say this, but I don't understand what system y'all want him to employ

With the last of bottom 6 forward talent, and a mediocre at best D-core, what system would work better?

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

270 W ÷ 541 G = .499

The 4 ties are a wash, he’s coached 537 games that had a decision ,and won over half of them. If you take out loser points in 541 games he’s earned 544 points.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

The 4 ties are a wash, he’s coached 537 games that had a decision ,and won over half of them. If you take out loser points in 541 games he’s earned 544 points.

544 points in the US - that's like 700 points when converted to Canadian!! 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Are those systems Green's, Brown's or Baumgartner's. I've been pretty firmly on Team Fire Green for 2 years now but I'm also willing to give him a chance with different assistants. It seems to me that the biggest systemic problems the team has had since he came in are on defense (Baumgartner) and on the PP (Brown)

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd be fine with that as well. The Achilles heel of this team is the staleness of the PP, which based on the creativity of players should be a hell of a lot more fluid and dangerous, and the disjointed permissive nature of the defense, which has more than enough experience and heft to keep their zone relatively clear and help far more with transitioning the puck than they have been. Certainly the players bear some responsibility, but when the situation is chronic regardless of personnel, the coaching in those specific areas bears responsibility. 

I think you've nailed it, Mr. Blunt. 

• Vintage 1

I've changed my mind. I'm okay with giving green another couple years.

As long as the PP / Defence coaching is changed. Whatever systems are in place are not effective.

If it's all the same, throw it all out. Except Clark.

• Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Which Laffer goalie is in net. 

They way Vancouver is playing they the Leafs could play without one :lol:

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP
  • SNuck unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic