The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, NucksIn50 said:

I’m all for guys answering the bell but watching Simmonds eff up Eddie actually made me sick to my stomach. Loss for words on my part sorry CDC :( 

It was cringe-worthy watching Edler on his knees clawing at Simmonds' jersey. Simmonds took it easy on him, but good on Edler for answering the bell. The code. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Short story time: When I played hockey as a kid my team didn't win a single game. In addition, the league made sure every single player got a 'player of the game' banner at least once per season. In three seasons I did not receive one.

In retrospect this might explain why I'm a Canucks fan.

Don't worry, you're our MVP.

(even if you suck at hockey)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Schmidt good interview 

Beer Ok GIF by Busch

His interview is always pleasant to hear.

Too bad he forgot how to play defence as soon as Baumgartner taught him the Canucks "system".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Short story time: When I played hockey as a kid my team didn't win a single game. In addition, the league made sure every single player got a 'player of the game' banner at least once per season. In three seasons I did not receive one.

In retrospect this might explain why I'm a Canucks fan.

I played on an 0-24 team as a kid.

(edited for a low blow lol).

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

This is a team that we spanked just a while ago. It almost feels like our club is tanking. 

Purposely.

Players don’t tank. If they are out of the playoffs they are fighting for jobs next year

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It was cringe-worthy watching Edler on his knees clawing at Simmonds' jersey. Simmonds took it easy on him, but good on Edler for answering the bell. The code. 

I said aloud, "c'mon eagle, don't turtle. throw a punch."

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

To what end? To rid themselves of certain individuals in positions of influence?

The team has given up.  Some of the attitude was their at the beginning of the year.  

• RoughGame 1

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Edler confused Simmonds for a scratching post. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Simmonds had landed that first swing Yikes! I think that close call put the fear of gawd into Alex.