The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, kilgore said:

If Simmonds had landed that first swing Yikes! I think that close call put the fear of gawd into Alex.

looked like edler didnt even wanna throw a punch, that was the most awkward fight ever lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Players don’t tank. If they are out of the playoffs they are fighting for jobs next year

Rightttt.      Guys like Bo , Miller and the other top players are playing for their jobs.     OK

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

To what end? To rid themselves of certain individuals in positions of influence?

For a better chance at a high draft pick, and to remove the bumbling clowns in the front office.

Best of both worlds.

• Vintage 1

As I was sitting here snacking on my bite size candy bars, something came to me - OMG, THE CANUCKS GAME IS ON! So I rushed over to my living room where the remote is and turned on the TV and to my Roku to the game.  

You know, Canucks games should start at 7pm regardless of the time zone.  In my mind, Habs games start at 4pm PST and Canucks games start at 7pm PST.  

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If said rookie can't play at the level of said 'struggling' vet, they're not going to get minutes. Period.

Green doesn't care about your feels.

How do you find out if a rookie has what it takes if he is learning from the bench; with out giving said rookie a legit chance unless the rookie forces his way to the lineup, if the staff refuses to sit a struggling high minute eater ?   Ofcouse, I am only making this point, as a transition strategy to replenish the prospect cupboard in a LOSING SEASON...

Ditto, Green is OG and only cares about winning...

Just now, brilac said:

As I was sitting here snacking on my bite size candy bars, something came to me - OMG, THE CANUCKS GAME IS ON! So I rushed over to my living room where the remote is and turned on the TV and to my Roku to the game.  

You know, Canucks games should start at 7pm regardless of the time zone.  In my mind, Habs games start at 4pm PST and Canucks games start at 7pm PST.  

i want some.

Lemme do it again

SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT 

4 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

3:18 ice time for Kole in the first. How does he 'bring energy' to the team with ridiculous ice time like that?! Just turn him loose. What is there to lose?

Yup nothing to lose....#FIREGREEN

Hughes gives the puck away, leads to a goal - blame Baumgartner

Hughes pinch on play, leads to odd man rush - blame Baumgartner

Hughes out of position, leads to a goal - blame Baumgartner

Hughes gets outmuscle, leads to a goal - blame Baumgartner

I get he’s still young and learning, but these mistakes are happening way too much and often, which are costing us some valuable points in the standing. Sure we can cut him some slack at times, but the onus is on him, not the coach.

1 minute ago, yes we can nucks said:

I like to think he can contribute to winning one. But not with limited TOI. Look at some of our vets. They seem to be skating in mud, they're so tired. Lind can't be any worse. Give the kid a chance.

I agree. I can’t resist being a smart ass. 

15 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Short story time: When I played hockey as a kid my team didn't win a single game. In addition, the league made sure every single player got a 'player of the game' banner at least once per season. In three seasons I did not receive one.

In retrospect this might explain why I'm a Canucks fan.

I once asked my couch why do you only play me 10 mins a game he said you don't reward a dog before they learn to obey 

• Huggy Bear 1