Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You @'d me! :P

:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Again, the guy is developing towards being a #6-8D. That's certainly more 'special' than the NHL career you or I had but no, he's not expected to compete with our top prospects...I have no idea why people talk about him like he is :lol:

I'd prefer to see Juolevi keep getting experience but it is what it is. 

Not sure why its become a discussion magnet. Its almost like the lower the stakes the more people are upset by it. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It will most likely be Juolevi. Green said he isn’t going to sit out a veteran defenceman.

Green :picard:.

Why give the vets a free pass? The entire defense was suspect. Green’s adherence to vets is myopic. 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green :picard:.

Why give the vets a free pass? The entire defense was suspect. Green’s adherence to vets is myopic. 

I don't hate Green, but he's hanging on by the skin of his teeth. IMHO, he's not taking charge. His assistants should be fired. It's not a country club. This is real business and people want results. End of story. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

It's so easy to skew things to suit a narrative. Here, let's do the reverse:

Weber, Drouin, Danault, Byron, Lehkonen, Edmondson, Staal, Chariot, Kulak and Gustafsson

26 G

$34.2 M

Boeser and Pettersson

27 G

$6.8 M

And Pettersson has missed half the season...

Or...

FB90F2D2-5D7F-4EF8-B4F6-A715AE6E4CCE.jpeg

Edited by 4petesake
Sp
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I don't hate Green, but he's hanging on by the skin of his teeth. IMHO, he's not taking charge. His assistants should be fired. It's not a country club. This is real business and people want results. End of story. 

I think it is unlikely he can fire them without approval from above - they would still get paid, and they would need to pay the new assitants - he would not have budget approval for that

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

I think it is unlikely he can fire them without approval from above - they would still get paid, and they would need to pay the new assitants - he would not have budget approval for that

No need to fire anyone, they all expire in like 2 weeks anyways. 

Only one that need firing is Jimbo and Wessel. 

Edited by 24K PureCool

10 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Of course. I can never hate anyone whom I’ve never met. It doesn’t seem like he really has a method to his madness here. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There’s a zygote that nature mistakenly fertilized. Is it me or is this assclown actually angry at the van for being there?

I just hope he got more damaged than the van. Apparently if evolution doesn’t provide us with an extra pair of eyes we are doomed.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You’re not the only one...  

But I have a lot of time for Chatfield. He’s fast and will lay the lumber on the opposition. He reminds me a lot of Alex Biega. 

A Biega level player is exactly what people should expect him to develop in to. A cheap, spare D, with some speed and bite, that you can slot in when one of your starting 6 is out.  I have no idea why people don't get this.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

:ph34r:

I'd prefer to see Juolevi keep getting experience but it is what it is. 

Not sure why its become a discussion magnet. Its almost like the lower the stakes the more people are upset by it. 

Maybe Juolevi's energy is down after having Covid? Maybe he tweeked his knee?  Who knows? 

What I do know, is that like slotting MacEwan in for player X etc, it's not the magic bullet that's going to change the team's fortunes one way or another. And it certainly doesn't require the Inquisition that people are subjecting it to on here, Twitter etc.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I just hope he got more damaged than the van. Apparently if evolution doesn’t provide us with an extra pair of eyes we are doomed.

Same. Although I don’t know if that would teach someone that lost a lesson. It’s amazing how void most people’s sensory perception is these days. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Don’t think Green’s been that bad, personally. 

If he were losing with a good lineup I’d agree, but you can’t play a collection of players like Hawryluk, Highmore, Virtanen, MacEwan, Boyd and Vesey over a stretch of games and expect to consistently win at the NHL level. And this is with Hughes and Petey on the last years of their ELCs. 

This all keeps coming back to Jim Benning. 

• Like 1