The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

I’ve never been more ready for a season to be over than this one. Never really liked the whole North Division set up and condensed schedule from the onset of the season and was expecting the team to take a step back after last even though management stated they didn’t expect them to. Not surprised things are going the way they are after the COVID outbreak either. That being said, I really hope we see some changes next season. Wether it be new direction at the top, a new coach, a few new players, or all the above. I simply cannot see this team taking the next step bringing back the same coaching staff, injecting a few new rookies, maybe a new 3 C, and the same system. They need a true identity and one they can commit to. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Travis Green and his “coaching staff” hockey on full display. 4 years and still regressing to find a new bottom

beaten up on the ice and the scoreboard 

soft as butter

simmons ragdolls Edler and Coach Ghandi ensures nobody answers 

team loses and frankly shows zero emotion 

But hey lets extend him so we can see more hockey like tonight 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Sit Hughes and Hamonic next game.

Edler-Bowey

Rathbone-Schmidt

Juolevi-Myers

I mean, why not. Both Hughes and Hamonic look tired and were garbage tonight.

Not a huge fan of Chatfield tbh. Made a few good defensive plays but he is just not good positionally. He seems like he is trying to be Quinn Hughes.

2 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I don't care about his first game I have seen him play in the WHL and AHL he sucks. He's ok at everything but great at nothing. He better find his niche or he won't last

He's a great powerplay guy. Knows how to move off the puck and has a fantastic release off of one-timers. 

But in general I do agree, his hands aren't special, he's not likely to put shots thru goalies although he has a decent shot, his passing is okay. I definitely would say he's great at getting the puck on and off his stick in a hurry though, which is how he scored all of his goals this year in the A. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I simply do not believe mac would not have taken on simmons after the edler beatdown 

100 percent Green would not allow it 

The media is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Nobody needed to defend Edler. Nor should they. It was water under the bridge. 

• Cheers 2

Its bad enough playing a pretend system but being a wimp team that is fun to beat is disgusting 

travis green is a pathetic coach 

wake up people 

At or close to worst in the league at 5 on 5 scoring changes against during his entire tenure combined with a 4 year sub 500 record and we want to extend that imposter?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I’ve never been more ready for a season to be over than this one. Never really liked the whole North Division set up and condensed schedule from the onset of the season and was expecting the team to take a step back after last even though management stated they didn’t expect them to. Not surprised things are going the way they are after the COVID outbreak either. That being said, I really hope we see some changes next season. Wether it be new direction at the top, a new coach, a few new players, or all the above. I simply cannot see this team taking the next step bringing back the same coaching staff, injecting a few new rookies, maybe a new 3 C, and the same system. They need a true identity and one they can commit to. 

Too bad Aqua don't have the same sentiment. He is perfectly happy with his yes man.

Also, we might be ok if Petey and Hughes get back into form. We sucked this season mostly cause our best players are playing like crap. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

7 years later , we are dead last in the division, fourth last in the league . But please tell me how benning is building us a dynasty ! :lol:

We just need another top 6 forgward and maybe a depth defenseman!!!! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Travis Green and his “coaching staff” hockey on full display. 4 years and still regressing to find a new bottom

beaten up on the ice and the scoreboard 

soft as butter

simmons ragdolls Edler and Coach Ghandi ensures nobody answers 

team loses and frankly shows zero emotion 

But hey lets extend him so we can see more hockey like tonight 

Ya tonight really hammered home the need for a new voice.

Honestly, even if he is only here for a few years (he tends to not be a long term coach), Gerard Gallant is exactly what this team needs in a coach right now. His teams play structured defense but also are very creative offensively and play a puck possession style. And his teams arent afraid to push back either.

I am lukewarm on Green but this team needs an identity and Gallant is one of the best coaches at building a culture and getting buy in.

He probably will favor vets like Hreen though so be prepared lol.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1