The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Travis Green and his “coaching staff” hockey on full display. 4 years and still regressing to find a new bottom

beaten up on the ice and the scoreboard 

soft as butter

simmons ragdolls Edler and Coach Ghandi ensures nobody answers 

team loses and frankly shows zero emotion 

But hey lets extend him so we can see more hockey like tonight 

We have been privy to some of the best gentlemans type hockey for awhile now, nothing new for Canucks fan but good take - coach Ghandi (lol).

Yeah, that rumoured one year extension of Green, hopefully is just a rumour.

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

Tiger Williams, is that you?

Met Tiger a few times working the night shift at a hotel. His company builds houses on golf courses in the Okanagan, and he's always headed out to the golf course at the buttcrack of dawn!

Awesome guy, super approachable, and likes to talk Canucks.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

We have been privy to some of the best gentlemans type hockey for awhile now, nothing new for Canucks fan but good take - coach Ghandi (lol).

Yeah, that rumoured one year extension of Green, hopefully is just a rumour.

If it's not a rumor, I'll lead the exodus from the bandwagon forever. Sick to death of this 'product'.

6 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Too bad Aqua don't have the same sentiment. He is perfectly happy with his yes man.

Also, we might be ok if Petey and Hughes get back into form. We sucked this season mostly cause our best players are playing like crap. 

Petey and Hughes are fantastic players but in order for them to really succeed they will need a great supporting cast to help spread the load and keep the pressure off of them. They aren’t the type of players that can regularly take over games and do it themselves when it needs to be done.  I hope the organization realizes that if they really want their best players to flourish they are going to have to surround them with the best players they can that can help take the load off. Im not talking about guys that can win face offs and kill penalties I’m talking guys that can chip in regularly offensively and guys that can help take a load off having Hughes having to play 24+ minutes a game. IMO, this team is constructed poorly and  too reliant on their top players and goaltending to win and until they can address this they are going to be a very mediocre team with no real shot at contending for anything either than a wildcard spot. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, xereau said:

Met Tiger a few times working the night shift at a hotel. His company builds houses on golf courses in the Okanagan, and he's always headed out to the golf course at the buttcrack of dawn!

Awesome guy, super approachable, and likes to talk Canucks.

Tiger was a good friend of my best friends neighbour when I was growing up, was lucky enough to be invited for dinner when he was there several times, great person and amazingly polite, I loved hearing his stories.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Petey and Hughes are fantastic players but in order for them to really succeed they will need a great supporting cast to help spread the load and keep the pressure off of them. They aren’t the type of players that can regularly take over games and do it themselves when it needs to be done.  I hope the organization realizes that if they really want their best players to flourish they are going to have to surround them with the best players they can that can help take the load off. Im not talking about guys that can win face offs and kill penalties I’m talking guys that can chip in regularly offensively and guys that can help take a load off having Hughes having to play 24+ minutes a game. IMO, this team is constructed poorly and  too reliant on their top players and goaltending to win and until they can address this they are going to be a very mediocre team with no real shot at contending for anything either than a wildcard spot. 

Good points but given JB past signings he seems to value the intangibles (mentoring) alot more than what the veteran player can  provide on the ice.  Hopefully, he gives our young leaders a chance to take more of the mentoring as the culture of the team changes to reflect the young core.

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good points but given JB past signings he seems to value the intangibles (mentoring) alot more than what the veteran player can  provide on the ice.  Hopefully, he gives our young leaders a chance to take more of the mentoring as the culture of the team changes to reflect the young core.

I see this as an absolutely critical next step. I think in some ways this has held back the team and kept it in the "polite style" culture that the Sedin era had.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Two of your better players in Miller and Horvat are probably a couple of the best people you can have “mentoring” young players in the dressing room. They days of sheltering youth are over and it’s time to start building a real team that can regularly win hockey games. They need more guys that can score goals. Intangibles are nice but only go so far. It’s time to start constructing a team that doesn’t rely on 4-5 players to win you hockey games on a consistent basis. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Tiger was a good friend of my best friends neighbour when I was growing up, was lucky enough to be invited for dinner when he was there several times, great person and amazingly polite, I loved hearing his stories.

any good ones you can share?

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I see this as an absolutely critical next step. I think in some ways this has held back the team and kept it in the "polite style" culture that the Sedin era 

Ditto, hopefully the new culture will reflect the more intense nature of EP & QH.   JB needs to give these young players a legit chance cause they are more resilent to make it than they are given credit for; ofcourse, there will be exceptions...