The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

40 minutes ago, rekker said:

Be that as it may. Is it that difficult to find a few more grinder, plug types that drop the mitts. Hit, intimidate a little. It seems an impossible task for this team. Nothing against the new guys but this team is embarrassingly soft. Embarrassing. 

It isn’t as permissible as it was six years ago.

Myers, Hamonic, MacEwen, Haywrluk, Virtanen and Miller are good to throw down. Team needs to do it at every occurrence. Respond the same way every time. 

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Two of your better players in Miller and Horvat are probably a couple of the best people you can have “mentoring” young players in the dressing room. They days of sheltering youth are over and it’s time to start building a real team that can regularly win hockey games. They need more guys that can score goals. Intangibles are nice but only go so far. It’s time to start constructing a team that doesn’t rely on 4-5 players to win you hockey games on a consistent basis. 

Ditto, plus with the flat cap every room is at a premium and hindsight has not been kind to these types of signing so far for JB...

Other than the player the aGents had also profited very well with JBs' overpayment..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hughes -7 the last 2 games. Probably shouldn’t being playing 20+ minutes at even-strength. 

Really shouldn't be pressuring him. He's clearly over worked. Give him a break. He's incredible. But give the guy a break. We shouldn't bust him up like many do when one our players are under performing or going through a ruff patch.. Plus, at this point, Green is pushing to get an extension, like a player on the final year of their contract, so he's really pushing the guys who he thinks are going to save his bacon. 

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It isn’t as permissible as it was six years ago.

Myers, Hamonic, MacEwen, Haywrluk, Virtanen and Miller are good to throw down. Team needs to do it at every occurrence. Respond the same way every time. 

I agree that the names you've mentioned are capable of it. I believe the team needs a true leader in that department. The big brother they can all get behind. I remember when I used to go to the bar with my super tough cousin. I felt bulletproof. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

travis green is not quinn hughes baby sitter. if quinn wants a day off he should ask for it.

also its been pretty clear that green expects players might get a little worn out, im pretty sure green probably addressed this with his players.

this isn't pre-school.

• RoughGame 1

We need game breakers.... it's time to tank we are so close to being last in the NHL..... only 4th worst team... this is the Canucks chance.. all because of covid excuse.... tired not strong enough, back to back games only 1 day of rest Yada Yada Yada.  We have an excuse to lose.......all in all it's not the Canucks fault nore greens fault even bum and browns fault its covid for clouding there judgment... next year will be better so do a stealth tank. It's how WD helped us stealth tank for petterson 

Edited by aznmonk

14 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Really shouldn't be pressuring him. He's clearly over worked. Give him a break. He's incredible. But give the guy a break. We shouldn't bust him up like many do when one our players are under performing or going through a ruff patch.. Plus, at this point, Green is pushing to get an extension, like a player on the final year of their contract, so he's really pushing the guys who he thinks are going to save his bacon. 

Where are the mentoring vets and how does it benefit a team to overplay a player ?   Good point - QH is looking exhausted and the gaffes due to fatigue is catching up to him.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

Petey and Hughes are fantastic players but in order for them to really succeed they will need a great supporting cast to help spread the load and keep the pressure off of them. They aren’t the type of players that can regularly take over games and do it themselves when it needs to be done.  I hope the organization realizes that if they really want their best players to flourish they are going to have to surround them with the best players they can that can help take the load off. Im not talking about guys that can win face offs and kill penalties I’m talking guys that can chip in regularly offensively and guys that can help take a load off having Hughes having to play 24+ minutes a game. IMO, this team is constructed poorly and  too reliant on their top players and goaltending to win and until they can address this they are going to be a very mediocre team with no real shot at contending for anything either than a wildcard spot. 

Good post - thank you.  By any chance are you interested in being the Canucks next GM ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Like Lind's game alot, moves well and showed some smarts in the offensive zone.

Thought he was pretty good, definitely better than I was expecting. Happy to see him get promoted to the top 6, hopefully he gets a bit of a run. Better option than the Bay of Vesey's.

What I noticed is that he's quiet in the upper slot area in both zones. Not a bad thing, and came up with the puck a few times as a result.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

What I noticed is that he's quiet in the upper slot area in both zones. Not a bad thing, and came up with the puck a few times as a result.

I did notice that too, got a little involved on the defensive end.

There was one play where he kind of drifted off to the side on a rush, was wide open for a one timer. But the puck carrier didn't see him & took a nothing shot instead.

If he can continue to play well & build off this I could see him as a legit option for the top 9 next season, which I wouldn't have thought prior if I'm being honest.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

sucks about the car crash, you think he can still continue to golf after?

That’s Tiger Woods, never met him, I’m talking about Tiger Williams, although I did meet Bobby Orr on a golf course.

Edited by Dumb Nuck