The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

OK......let's cut the carp!

These guys are recovering from a deadly virus..............that incidentally has killed, like how many million people?

3,000,000 +...........................My point is this is a serious disease, and you guys are like........they should be able to win

Well, the truth is they have no stamina, and with all these games so close together, there is no recoup time

I am not sure how many of you people have played back to back games, and perfectly heathy, but it is hard to do that

Now, make them play every other day, and back to back, and I know......................let's $hit on them

Huggie is not the only one sucking wind.................some less than others, but they are done

Give them a break.............phuck!

Thank you,,,, +10

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, mll said:

They were 10th in March by point percentage.  In 13 games they went 8-4-1 for a 0.654 ppg.

Only Montreal did better in the division at 0.667.

ok, there was a point before the injuries where they  were  the hottest team.  I remember making a post about it, to cool down the hate.

anyways your missing the point of my posts. they are to spread knowledge and a different perspective from angry posts.

you would be suprised how similar my pov is to the hater's. but I  know my POV is flawed so I don't often share it. Just because I argue against a persons POV doesn't mean i  disagree with the general theme of thier argument.

I think pearson is better suited for a third line role, I believe he is paid fairly, but I was hoping we would sign for less. but seeing as beagle and roussel make 3m i knew it would likely not happen. I would not have signed roussel at all for any money, but this is personal reasons. LE point totals were pumped up by playing on a line with Krejci and the previous year he sorley missed Krejci when he was injured. there was many other players that scored 50 points and were just as important on the line for production as the center, they were younger and probably would have signed for 4 years and less money. i would have signed a  Center over a winger to play with the sedins You can never have too many centers. I never would have traded bonino for sutter.

If I needed more leadership I would have signed veterans that have a history of fighting or sticking up for thier teammates (not like roussel or prust), 

but my opinions are biased as the next person, and 5 years ago I was a different person. I was misogynistic trump supporter, people change.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Our team sucks, blame COVID, blame the refs, blame Toronto, until you place the blame where it belongs you might as well keep writing off seasons and regurgitating excuses, any wonder why 50 years in we have no Cup?

So you are saying the reason vancouver has not won a cup in 50 years is a lack of expectations?

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Losers rationalize losing

Winners identity weaknesses and make changes 

Canucks are 50 year plus losers

you go girl.

fire benning and fire the coaching staff! what are you waiting for? you are aquilini right?

• Haha 1

TheFreeRadical

@TheFreeRadical2

@ScottRintoul

What Green has ACTUALLY done! #Canucks 5 ON 5 Scoring Chances adj. (SC./Ag.) (SC.%) 14/15 23rd 23rd 15/16 31st 30th 16/17 28th 30th 17/18 29th 31st(Green) 18/19 29th 31st 19/20 30th 28th 20/21 31st 31st This is terrible!

Point 1: I’m so happy for Lind, thought he played well. Keep him with Bo and Pearson, keep Hogs with Miller and Brock.

point 2: I’m quite disgusted with Simmons fighting Edler. Those morons on sportsnet web page are gushing at how awesome that was. Real knuckle dragging, mono brow stuff over there.

point 3: Green, Holtby are starting to look healthier. This team should have a had another week off. Quinn is way off. Sit that boy, he needs rest.

point 4: no practices, and it shows. Sloppy. Even, super sloppy! Or even spongy....

death by Snu Snu! 

Go Canucks!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

You are Travis Green right?

no way, I got way better hair than him.

like i said before i'm basically exactly as i describe myself, someone with bi-polar. i tend to have OCD like symptoms and cumpulsively binge on statistics. it's a modest life but i do enjoy it. I also have another typical symptom of bi-polar that oozes from writing, over-confidence. yea know like kanye west where he believed he was a better rapper than Jay-Z. but we can and often reflect on some of the pretentious things we blabber on about.

i literally said we should have hughes as the forward on the pk. so he can play like Marchand and gain puck possesion while killing. and because of my over confidence i think it possibly could work. I'm pretty "creative" and believe there's room to have fun interesting proposals on what we would do if we were the gm our coach. i just don't take it so seriously that i resort to what I would describe as being a hater.

I'm a foolish boy with a wild imagination and even wilder hair. but it is pretty ironic that i preach wisdom/advice it's exactly the opposite tendency of a wise man.

• Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

5 on five scoring chances against …

During Green’s tenure we have been consistently ranked 31st in the league

let that sink in 

but we have scored more goals than the scoring chances suggest right? at some point you have to take your salt with a little food.

Edited by Petey_BOI

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Slightly disappointed that you suggests Edler could have declined the invitation (although true)... Can you imagine the backlash, had he done so?

We all want the team to show some backbone, and when the older statesman, who is a non fighter, still stands up, knowing its going to hurt, it earns respect, and shows the younger players, they need to stand up to be counted... 

As you rightly said, mega props to Edler. Would have liked to see some of the Laughs getting rocked afterwards, but maybe the boys just don't have the energy, or maybe its just not really in their DNA... 

I just think reporters are looking way too into it. There isn't a "protect the old man because he lost a fight" code. It could just be a veteran showing that sometimes you need to answer to stuff and then unfortunately just didn't know how to fight. Had he gotten a few punches in, nobody would be talking about the incident. But Edler just didn't know how to fight and that's just kind of the end of the story. 

Like I said, it's Vancouver media just creating stories because that's what they do. 

• Cheers 1

Looks like the teams gassed.   Nice to see Lind get a game, and he for sure got meaningful minutes.   Hope to see more of that.   Rathbone would be great too, QHs maybe give him a maintenance day or two down the stretch.   Playoffs ... well it was fun while it lasted Provost! 

31 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

no way, I got way better hair than him.

like i said before i'm basically exactly as i describe myself, someone with bi-polar. i tend to have OCD like symptoms and cumpulsively binge on statistics. it's a modest life but i do enjoy it. I also have another typical symptom of bi-polar that oozes from writing, over-confidence. yea know like kanye west where he believed he was a better rapper than Jay-Z. but we can and often reflect on some of the pretentious things we blabber on about.

i literally said we should have hughes as the forward on the pk. so he can play like Marchand and gain puck possesion while killing. and because of my over confidence i think it possibly could work. I'm pretty "creative" and believe there's room to have fun interesting proposals on what we would do if we were the gm our coach. i just don't take it so seriously that i resort to what I would describe as being a hater.

I'm a foolish boy with a wild imagination and even wilder hair. but it is pretty ironic that i preach wisdom/advice it's exactly the opposite tendency of a wise man.

Is that your dating profile?

thanks for your bio though 

interesting stuff