The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Had we signed Toffoli we would have likely made the playoffs.

We win more games with him and more importantly the Habs don’t own us...

i seriously doubt toffoli would have those numbers, with the way the canucks started out and then covid.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Watch the nhl give the first overall pick to Seattle and the 2nd to Calgary just to 'reward' us.

Ya not holding out much hope that we ever win a draft, this is the one draft we could win based on the fact that picking 1-8 is pretty comparable this season.

Just now, TNucks1 said:

i seriously doubt toffoli would have those numbers, with the way the canucks started out and then covid.

Maybe not, but an extra 20 goal scorer would have gone a long ways early on.

And Montreal is definitely not the team they are without him.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

Hard to say. He was a great fit with Miller and EP, both who struggled at times this season.

Toffoli has been a very important player for the habs this year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

green is not reseigned as tht makes no sens if yu are letting your GM go.

100 percent expt a complete change of GM and coaching staff this summer.

tTotally agree. To me JB biggest mistake, yes even bigger than Loui signing, is signing Virtanen instead of using his cap to get Toffoli done. 

Yes and if he is let go it will be the main reason. A brutal decision in retrospect.  Could JB be excused for not seeing Virt stalling? Maybe, but losing Toffoli who was such a good fit here is a decision that will likely, and should,  cost JB his job.

I expect that after this year is over and AQ reflects he comes to the same decision.  Which also means the coaching staff is gone because zero chance AQ signs Green to an extension but fires JB.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hard to say. He was a great fit with Miller and EP, both who struggled at times this season.

Toffoli has been a very important player for the habs this year. 

no doubt we should of fiigured out a way to sign him, i just hate the constant crying and whining about it from some posters.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe not, but an extra 20 goal scorer would have gone a long ways early on.

And Montreal is definitely not the team they are without him.

Personally, unless it was a 2 year or less I don't want TT on this team. I'm fine with our top six next season. TT will never score at this pace again, he has a career of 1 30 goal season and averaged around 23 goals a season. Even this season he has scored a lot of garbage goals but because it fits Benning haters narrative (not you) we constantly hear about it.

Which is odd considering the #1 complaint is him not looking long-term.

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

I agree there's no way the Canucks are 1 player short.

And if you are 1 player short....you still suck.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Petey40 said:

I’m on the fire green train now as well, but hypothetically let’s say Canucks are just as bad after he gets fired/not re-signed.. what’s our backup plan? Like for sure you’re gonna be fired, I might get a demotion. 

The next shoe to drop would be JB and after loui contract, his hiring of willie and Green and his screw up of the TT situation are all big strikes against him

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Personally, unless it was a 2 year or less I don't want TT on this team. I'm fine with our top six next season. TT will never score at this pace again, he has a career of 1 30 goal season and averaged around 23 goals a season. Even this season he has scored a lot of garbage goals but because it fits Benning haters narrative (not you) we constantly hear about it.

Which is odd considering the #1 complaint is him not looking long-term.

yeah when we actually play the full 32 team schedule instead of the same 7 teams too, his points are gunna drop.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

no doubt we should of fiigured out a way to sign him, i just hate the constant crying and whining about it from some posters.

Stop being a big shot partner.  People are coming to grips with the fact that this was a bad year and we will miss the playoffs.  It is completely acceptable for posters to revisit the Toffoli decision right now  as this is the main reason JB will be fired in the next couple months. 

• Haha 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Stop being a big shot partner.  People are coming to grips with the fact that this was a bad year and we will miss the playoffs.  It is completely acceptable for posters to revisit the Toffoli decision right now  as this is the main reason JB will be fired in the next couple months. 

a big shot lol?, im mainly talking about the people who spam it constantly, i disagree with how benning dealt with that situation and it sucks, it happened and theres nothing we can do about it, dont need to constantly bring it up when its convenient, honestly dont really care if fire benning and green, i mainly want baumer and brown gone, also re-signing green would be a mistake i think.

Does anyone think we will give the leafs any trouble tomorrow. They are a deep, skilled team that comes at you in waves. I love the Canucks but we are no match for them on most nights. Leafs are a legit threat to win the cup this year (siggghhh) and we are trending towards a top 10 pick (hopefully lower).

I wish the org would give some more updates around Petey too. Hopefully this injury is short term and won't be an issue for him long term and he can come back next season 100%

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Does anyone think we will give the leafs any trouble tomorrow. They are a deep, skilled team that comes at you in waves. I love the Canucks but we are no match for them on most nights. Leafs are a legit threat to win the cup this year (siggghhh) and we are trending towards a top 10 pick (hopefully lower).

I wish the org would give some more updates around Petey too. Hopefully this injury is short term and won't be an issue for him long term and he can come back next season 100%

Bo thinks so. Big night for the captain tomorrow.

A71508C4-8CEE-4D3B-9B1A-08B49FB3BE5B.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

the boys looked gassed and done for the season, but i hope we get a W. 

6 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Aaaaand here come the excuses from the resident cdc excuse master

Newsflash, any team with good coaching can play well defensively. Tippett in Arizona comes to mind 

but keep rationalizing failure if it makes you feel better 

Also how is it an excuse, when we LITERALLY were rebuilding for his first 2 seasons? 

7 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Do people not realize TT was the casualty of a pandemic and flat cap? Even if they let Jake walk a guy with what 6 less goals and 4 years younger walk it still would have cost Nate and personally I think TT is redundant as soon as next season. TT is a career 23 goal scorer who is entering his past prime year's. Everyone who bashes Benning for signing older players but now bash him for not doing the same with TT are hypocrites and are ignoring the fact the cap didn't go up 5-8 million like planned when Benning traded for him.

Next season once Podz arrives and TT goes back to what he's done his whole career I look forward to revisiting the tons of bad takes on this subject.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2