Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, JDLax16 said:

Remember when Mike Matheson picked Petey up and slammed him to the ice? Green was dead to me the moment I heard him talk about discipline and how they needed those two points etc explaining how he didn’t want his players going after Matheson. 

Totally agree

 

sometimes the team matters more and if you foster that pack mentality the team becomes stronger and the wins will follow 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

What’s it like having Green living rent free in your head? 

The fact that your wet dream coach can only come up with pulling the goalie with 6 minutes remaining in an attempt to score a goal is pretty telling don’t you think?

 

has zero gameplan or ability to think his way through a game and react

 

pulling the goalie at 6 minutes was the best his hockey brain could come up with 

 

laughable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 4petesake said:

Sometimes you have to be willing to chance losing the two points to show teammates that you’ll always have each other’s backs. You show other teams that you can’t be bullied and soon everyone starts to play a little bigger.

Amen 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Amen 

You make this site worse. Continually with your stupidity. won't you stop or try to be uniquely creative for once. This used to be a great place for Canucks info before you came along. Now, you and your kind have ruined it. It's just filled with negative morons. I cant stand this goof. 

 

Vintage?

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pickly said:

To me it’s still clear that Green is going to continue coaching like his team is fighting for a playoff spot until they are officially eliminated and maybe he feels like continuing to ride Hughes is his best bet despite his drop off in play. It just goes to show you how much depth this team lacks having to ride your best players into the ground in order to give your team a punchers chance to win games. That’s not necessarily on Green either as he himself is fighting for a new contract. That’s on the GM not giving his coach the horses needed to ice a legitimate, well rounded roster that doesn’t rely on a handful of players to win you games. It’s like beating the old drum over and over again in Vancouver when it comes to lack of depth. It’s plagued this team for years and until they can solve that issue people can’t always point the finger at the coach as he’s only going with what he was given. 

Depth - Points

 

Nathan MacKinnon61

Mikko Rantanen55

Gabriel Landeskog47

Cale Makar37

Andre Burakovsky32

Samuel Girard31

Joonas Donskoi29

Nazem Kadri28

Brandon Saad24

Devon Toews24

 

Brock Boeser37

J.T. Miller34

Quinn Hughes34

Bo Horvat33

Elias Pettersson21

Nils Hoglander20

Tyler Myers18

Tanner Pearson14

Nate Schmidt13

Brandon Sutter12

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The fact that your wet dream coach can only come up with pulling the goalie with 6 minutes remaining in an attempt to score a goal is pretty telling don’t you think?

 

has zero gameplan or ability to think his way through a game and react

 

pulling the goalie at 6 minutes was the best his hockey brain could come up with 

 

laughable 

people thought patrick roy was a genius for always pulling the goalie with like 4-5 mins left, not sure if you were one of them but i just remember it got alot of attention from the media and stuff, also whats your thoughts as him as couch cause honestly never really payed attention to the avs or him, would he be a good fit.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

The fact that absolutely nobody on the team responded in any way when Edler was ragdolled is thoroughly disgusting 

 

not one player on the Canucks stepped up the hitting, not one player went after their soft guys, not one player dropped the gloves

 

soft wimp culture that simply doesn’t care has been cultivated by Green and his hacks 

 

aqua thinks fans will shell out their hard earned money to witness that garbage?

 

as usual its open season on the Canucks and the entire league knows it 

 

 

 

 

ya its so embarassing im ashamed of our vets horvat miller schmidt  myers pearson  sutter  all signed to be leaders in room not one of them played hard in game soft af and dont protect edler   they also dont protect hughes or petey and they threw jake under bus bout being out at bar last yr  just ike when hendrik threw  jake under bus for a late hit he got suspended for.  Id literally trade the lot of them at  draft    massive cap dumps  for younger blue chip prospects and picks    

 motte virt juolevi petey  lind macewen gad   demko   protected  hughes hog pod safe   get rid of the dead weight. incuding gm and coaches

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDLax16 said:

Remember when Mike Matheson picked Petey up and slammed him to the ice? Green was dead to me the moment I heard him talk about discipline and how they needed those two points etc explaining how he didn’t want his players going after Matheson. 

ya green makes me sick to stomach that clown needs to be fired 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Googlie said:

I have a feeling that they would rather kiss the Stanley Cup 

They're going to have to settle for my ass. Screw Toronto!

Edited by Nucksownyou
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Losers rationalize losing

 

Winners identity weaknesses and make changes 

 

Canucks are 50 year plus losers

 

 

Thank you for being so honest.  Some Fans are afraid to face facts such as yours. This team is still in serious need of CHANGE!  

Keep up with the truth !

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Just got back from my COVID shot, I feel perfectly fine, no adverse effects whatsoever.

 

And for the love of god, re-sign Green, he’s our best hope for winning a Cup next season.

That's funny, I got my shot too and Died almost instantly.  After I put all my clothes back on, I took about five steps out of the Pop-up tent and "BOOM" that was it.  Not sure if it was caused by the massive loss of blood, or the amputation of my arm after the injection but anyways all is good now because I'm in heaven and the Canucks just won the cup up here without TG and lazy Jake playing.   So it was all worth the extreme pain and suffering and would recommend you all get "the shot too" !

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JDLax16 said:

Remember when Mike Matheson picked Petey up and slammed him to the ice? Green was dead to me the moment I heard him talk about discipline and how they needed those two points etc explaining how he didn’t want his players going after Matheson. 

fake news.

 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/travis-green-really-upset-matheson-hit-pettersson/

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So they should ask Bieksa if he thinks a tougher canuck (if there is one lol) should be able to tune Lillegren next game with no instigator or repurcussions for knocking out Motte on a CLEARLY intentional cheap shot. 

 

As far as I know that happened after the Edler fight so clearly Bieksa might be a bit wrong in saying Toronto considered it squared up and did not go after a Canuck player with an intent to injure him.

Why didn't bieksa go after duncan keith? Shame the code wasn't around back then

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

you have it all figured out eh?. defend edler, then do the leafs defend thier player, do we defend against that? im not interested in watching WIWF Raw Smackdown

 

at some point someone has to turn thier cheek the other way

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya its so embarassing im ashamed of our vets horvat miller schmidt  myers pearson  sutter  all signed to be leaders in room not one of them played hard in game soft af and dont protect edler   they also dont protect hughes or petey and they threw jake under bus bout being out at bar last yr  just ike when hendrik threw  jake under bus for a late hit he got suspended for.  Id literally trade the lot of them at  draft    massive cap dumps  for younger blue chip prospects and picks    

 motte virt juolevi petey  lind macewen gad   demko   protected  hughes hog pod safe   get rid of the dead weight. incuding gm and coaches

Ironically its OJ that Green sits outs more often allowing to develop yet there is this fake news thought thst he develops young guys 

 

seattle would never want Green, more fake news

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

people thought patrick roy was a genius for always pulling the goalie with like 4-5 mins left, not sure if you were one of them but i just remember it got alot of attention from the media and stuff, also whats your thoughts as him as couch cause honestly never really payed attention to the avs or him, would he be a good fit.

I honestly did not follow him enough as a coach but i recall he had a hell of a better record as Green….but then again so do the majority of nhl current and former coaches 

 

At this point just about any warm body is better than our crew of imposters

 

i would support cardboard cutouts 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

you have it all figured out eh?. defend edler, then do the leafs defend thier player, do we defend against that? im not interested in watching WIWF Raw Smackdown

 

at some point someone has to turn thier cheek the other way

So in the last game where we did not respond and “turned the other cheek” resulted in the kind of game you enjoy?

 

interesting 

 

I suppose passive wimp hockey appeals to some personalities 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

So in the last game where we did not respond and “turned the other cheek” resulted in the kind of game you enjoy?

 

interesting 

 

I suppose passive wimp hockey appeals to some personalities 

like i said where does it end? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SNuck unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...