The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you been vaccinated?

-SN-

Have you been vaccinated?   

442 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably one of the few good things about living in the states, got both of my Pfizer shots back in march. Was lucky that I was classified as an essential worker for national security for whatever reason.

Second shot gave me a raging headache for a day but nothing else.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

i'd be pissed, i hate needles as it is dunno why but they gross me out lol

Okay so a bit of a funny story...  I have a phobia with needles and I had to take my 80 year old dad to get his vaccine in the drive through facility by Central Park.  Everything was fine until they gave him the vaccine and then I started feeling light headed...  so they tell you to pull ahead and wait for 15 minutes just in case there are any adverse effects.  Well I almost fainted, and kind of came to it with my dad holding my shoulder asking if I'm okay and medical staff looking at me and wondering if I was the one that got the vaccine.  My car had drifted about 10 feet :picard: but luckily my foot was just hovering above the brake pedal and my car was in neutral.  

Anyways, I'll be okay with a vaccine but I don't like seeing other people and needles.  

Got mine a couple days ago with my wife,Pfizer, no problems at all!

You are supposed to wait 15 min.after poke but, if you have allergies you are supposed to wait 1/2 hour

Waited 1/2 hour afterwards as my wife has allergies.

It is self monitored

Got our cards with a return date on it for the 2nd shot

Our Nurse was outstanding!

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 2

Just waited an hour at the Cloverdale rec drop in site but no drop ins today. Will try again tomorrow. 

I'm 36 and only want the Pf or Mo shot because of blood clot history in my family. 

Fingers crossed tomorrow, when I arrived today at 6am there was only 3 people ahead of me.

• Cheers 4

15 hours ago, ESP77 said:

I'll get it once we know the long term side effects, or if I have to in order to visit family in Japan. I'm not comfortable until there's at least 1-2 years of data on the side effects.

All of life is a gamble.  The smart money is on the vaccines.  Nothing is perfect but it's statistically valid to say that vaccines are safer than not getting vaccinated.  What we do know with certainty is that without vaccines Covid will make many people very sick and kill a certain number of us.

I've already got my first Moderna shot and waiting for #2.  I'd take whatever approved vaccine was offered.  

Go Vaccines Go!

Edited by nux_win
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

All of life is a gamble.  The smart money is on the vaccines.  Nothing is perfect but it's statistically valid to say that vaccines are safer than not getting vaccinated.  What we do know with certainty is that without vaccines Covid will make many people very sick and kill a certain number of us.

I've already got my first Moderna shot and waiting for #2.  I'd take whatever approved vaccine was offered.  

Go Vaccines Go!

Nice way of putting it.  Better then insulting people and more effective. 

two Wednsday's ago I got one Astra shot. I'd previously signed up for the provincial roll out, but ended up with a pharmacy vaccinne.

Now I've just recieved my e mail from the province to get my provincial first shot.

Has a paragraph at the bottom of e mail saying DO NOT book if you've already had a first shot. I will be notified again at a later date.

wonder when that first provincial would have actually happened?

I'm  at least 17 days ahead by getting it at Shoppers.

20 hours ago, ESP77 said:

Not going to until I absolutely have to. Y'all can be the guinea pigs.

Got my first shot on St Patty's day....

No side effects, no personal 5G hotspot, no altered DNA......still doing the social distancing thing and still wearing a mask.....

....because I'm not one of those people who think it's all some kind of grand conspiracy to control the masses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Got my first shot on St Patty's day....

No side effects, no personal 5G hotspot, no altered DNA......still doing the social distancing thing and still wearing a mask.....

....because I'm not one of those people who think it's all some kind of grand conspiracy to control the masses.

So no regeneration, and adamantium claws? 

What a rip!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So no regeneration, and adamantium claws? 

What a rip!

I think the ship has sailed on that one....

.....Chernobyl was 35 years ago and still no Ukrainian superheroes? :unsure:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, :D said:

I live in the States now, so I had two Pfizers back in March

Back in the day all CDC would think about is where are you? or when are you coming back. 

I am guessing the younglings don't know your greatness.. 

21 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Unfortunately, I'm a firefighter....we aren't high on the priority list, apparently.

the whole rollout has been a complete joke tbh

wife was declared "vulnerable" at the start of the pandemic, because her asthma is pretty severe, but NOW her asthma isn't a concern and isn't eligible for medical... even though she had to go to the ER twice because of attacks

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

Back in the day all CDC would think about is where are you? or when are you coming back. 

I am guessing the younglings don't know your greatness.. 

I'm still here! I know who Colon Dee is!!!!!! He was almost like Frank Abingale (?) of Catch me if you can fame! Haha

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

the whole rollout has been a complete joke tbh

wife was declared "vulnerable" at the start of the pandemic, because her asthma is pretty severe, but NOW her asthma isn't a concern and isn't eligible for medical... even though she had to go to the ER twice because of attacks

Damnnnnn dude......you're right, it hasn't been without its problems.

We were just emailed a link this afternoon (that isn't working) on signing up for the vaccine, so hopefully when the site is up, i'll be one step closer!

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Was fully vaccinated by early feb.

Also it's silly the notion of not wanting the vaccine for "Long term potential effects"   when they are the same people who drink alcohol , eat mcdonalds, hotdogs, maybe occasional drug / smoking use . "Long term effects give me a break lol"

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1