The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Yeah - Gadjovich is a bust.  I'm calling it here. - he's going to go the next 6 days without a point.  Mark my words  

Funny thing about Gadj is even if he doesn’t make it he will be called a bust even though he was practically a third round pick so that’s not even the right term.

Gadj is a perfect example of my post though. The guy was probably written off by 90% of the fan base last year. He’s a player that gonna take some time and by the looks of it has been developed properly much like Lind. It’s gonna be up to them to make the next step though. Hopefully they become part of our bottom six for years to come. If one of them makes it. That’s a win 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

And how do you know this?   Were you there?  Supposition's just to continue trashing our team.    What we do know it's a variant, and a very contagious one.  I know people who kept their interactions to a complete minimum, and still got it.   Doing a lot less then what these guys have to do to play hockey.   No touching, masks on, virtually isolated and still got sick.    But i suppose from your lens, this is also on JB. 

It was reported that he practiced while awaiting his test result. So who exactly would be responsible for that decision? Him?

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Unbelievable 

Why?

Nikita clearly cares about Nikita. 

Has a clause in his contract he won't play in the minors when he first played here.

Bolted after one season.

If he and his family are happier, that's his choice.

I kept saying I was doubtful he really wants to play in Vancouver. 

Good luck to him. We got a season from a 4th round pick. Some of our first round picks don't even get that far. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Will our cursed bad luck ever change?

Tram - I suspect wanted more then the team was willing to spend. I agree with some - probably a 3rd pairing D at best. 

Wonder what the rest of the season has to offer - suspecting we will see more of the youngsters coming in.. There is no way we make the payoffs as I see it. Better draft pick hopefully.

Have a good Sunday everyone

Edited by Bo fan
spelling error
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Funny thing about Gadj is even if he doesn’t make it he will be called a bust even though he was practically a third round pick so that’s not even the right term.

Gadj is a perfect example of my post though. The guy was probably written off by 90% of the fan base last year. He’s a player that gonna take some time and by the looks of it has been developed properly much like Lind. It’s gonna be up to them to make the next step though. Hopefully they become part of our bottom six for years to come. If one of them makes it. That’s a win 

For Gadj's first game, presumably vs Winnipeg,  I'd love to see him on a line with Lind, and have Rathbone playing that game too. Surround him with familiarity.  Have Demko in goal, and maybe Juolevi on the ice as well (but obviously not with Rathbone  -  we know how Green hates these off- siders ..... maybe Rafferty - or is that a bridge too far?). Perhaps with Sutter centering to give the vet presence needed to that line

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

For Gadj's first game, presumably vs Winnipeg,  I'd love to see him on a line with Lind, and have Rathbone playing that game too. Surround him with familiarity.  Have Demko in goal, and maybe Juolevi on the ice as well (but obviously not with Rathbone  -  we know how Green hates these off- siders ..... maybe Rafferty - or is that a bridge too far?). Perhaps with Sutter centering to give the vet presence needed to that line

It’s all about the little gems for me now.

-Hopefully a couple first career goals.

-Brock and Bo hit 20 goals.

-Hughes gets his +\- back under 20 (if coaches don’t run him into the ground) not even a fan of that stat but a fan of stats nevertheless

-Would like to see Rathbone play.

Hmm what else..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well the original plan was to be winding the schedule down towards the post season I think.

Guess it was never going to be perfect. 14 games on schedule tomorrow 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How many times can Benning fumble the ball before he “runs out of time”.

Getting kind of hard to support the guy when he just continues to not get things done to improve the team.

I think it was more of a see ya later then a fumbled ball this time. There’s be fumbled balls for sure but I don’t consider this as one 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How many times can Benning fumble the ball before he “runs out of time”.

Getting kind of hard to support the guy when he just continues to not get things done to improve the team.

Correct me if I'm wrong two weeks ago Tram's agent was saying they were starting discussions. The season hasn't even ended in Vancouver yet. 

Personally I think Tram was going though he motions (Basically keeping his options open) for Vancouver. In the end he did what he thought was best for

him and his family. So basically this is the second time he's "bolted". 

If our next season was dependant on a mid position defensemen, then our team is in a lot more trouble. 

• Cheers 1

The Tryamkin thing is tough for me to classify as disappointing, a JB fail, or a blessing in disguise without details of the contract offer.

Looking at what Benning has paid out for some players, I dont think a 1 year 2 mil deal as an example would necessarily have been the end of the world for Tryamkin. 

This feels a bit like a "But we will need those dollars and spot in the lineup to re-sign Edler" decision on the surface. We will see I guess.

I like Edler but he has significantly regressed. Tryamkin was probably the only dman Benning could sign to a reasonable deal who could take over the physical, defense first stuff that would allow Edler to walk. At this point Edler is not worth much more than 1 yr, 2 mil imo. I would rather see him go play for Tampa Bay like all our other nordic dmen do lol.

If anything I think this means the Canucks need a proper assistant GM that handles the contracts, and manages the salary cap.

Weisbrod I think is useless, and what has Chris Gear been doing? He's the other assistant GM and Legal Officer. Shouldn't he be assisting in signings and contracts? 

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s all about the little gems for me now.

-Hopefully a couple first career goals.

-Brock and Bo hit 20 goals.

-Hughes gets his +\- back under 20 (if coaches don’t run him into the ground) not even a fan of that stat but a fan of stats nevertheless

-Would like to see Rathbone play.

Hmm what else..

Something else I thought was interesting as I was reading different ideas on who we protect in the entry draft. Off the top of my head I kind of liked this guy’s picks.

Petey, Brock, Bo,JT, Motte, Pearson & Lind.

Schmidt, Myers & Juolevi.

Depending on what we see from Gadj  I might drop Motte or Myers and add him. I love Motte and the would hate to lose him  but keeping in mind his size and the way he plays and his injuries I might chance it if Gadj doesn’t look out of place. Size and toughness is something we are desperate for. Alternatively we could drop Myers and hope Seattle is scared off by his contract. Kind of a gamble either way.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong two weeks ago Tram's agent was saying they were starting discussions. The season hasn't even ended in Vancouver yet. 

Personally I think Tram was going though he motions (Basically keeping his options open) for Vancouver. In the end he did what he thought was best for

him and his family. So basically this is the second time he's "bolted". 

If our next season was dependant on a mid position defensemen, then our team is in a lot more trouble. 

Maybe.

But if they were trying to lowball him I don’t blame him for walking away. 

No way you can’t find 2 million dollars to pay him with all the other over inflated contracts we have. Hell give him Jakes money.

I just can’t imagine he was asking for anything around 3 million or more. In which case we needed to get a deal done. You’re not gonna get a cheaper bottom pairing guy that brings what he brings in free agency.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1