The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Kesler was fairly close to being "NHL ready" straight after the draft.  Only spent a full season in the AHL because of the lockout, else he probably would stuck the whole season in 2004/05.

Idk, I feel like regardless of the lockout, he probably would have spent half a season in the minors. He got a call up in his draft year and wasn’t quite ready, the Canucks had a fairly good top 6 in the WCE era. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

This is perfect.

No one wants a cup during covid. Get a great pick. Top-ranking dman. Dump the trash. Make a few low end signings.

Damn Chris wish I could have that attitude right now 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Idk, I feel like regardless of the lockout, he probably would have spent half a season in the minors. He got a call up in his draft year and wasn’t quite ready, the Canucks had a fairly good top 6 in the WCE era. 

Depends on if they could've kept Chubarov.  A bloody shame as it seemed Chubie was coming into his own as a very solid two-way center.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

This is my biggest concern. Wether or not they are able to win games against tough opponents at tough parts of the schedule. I know they are young, but to date they haven’t been able to adapt their game against stiffer competition and are easily neutralized with good game planning from the opposition. 

Bingo.  The future of the Canucks rests on how close Hughes and Pettersson can come to being stars of the stature of say Mathews. While I hate hearing the TO media play him up the reality is the guy is a great player.

If Hughes and Petey top out at the level of Gaudreau and Monahan we are in for a bad time. They need to be better than that in a few years in order for the Canucks to have any chance of being contenders.

They need to develop and management needs to provide a supporting cast around them. Which is also critical and is one of the key reasons JB is on the way out.

Tough times right now with Petey out for the season from a slash and Hughes struggling to be anywhere close to a plus player.

Here's hoping it turns around.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Canucks will pick 12th. Mark my words. No real good picks after 10 anyways. 

this draft is odd, people are gunna hit big time but can we get lucky for once and pick past 5, aint expecting too though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

At this rate we are for sure gonna pick top 8 even if we lose the lotto hard. With the schedule as it is, with 7 of the 11 on the road(road record sucks), 8 games that are back to backs and perhaps playing more youngsters I don't see us winning many games left.

Just now, TNucks1 said:

greener better put him in first game at least something to be excited about, hope he does well.

He's been pretty hot

I was hoping they'd just let him thrive down there, but it makes sense to get an actual look at him given he may be one of the guys we may protect from Seattle 

• Cheers 1

Man we're going to lose lot to close the season. Maybe win 3 more games rest of the season.

Covid,  Schedule, Jake Virtanen :picard:

Horrible season. Can't end soon enough. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

The whole draft is somewhat of a shot in the dark this yeah. Could get nothing at 12 or could end up being the best player in the draft. Could care less where they finish in that regard really

22 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Dude, chug a sixer and watch hockey. 

It ain't raining and we are alive. The Canucks suck. Most people knew this before the season started. It's only hockey.

I wish I could drink rn. Would make the games tolerable.

But tbh, I'm struggling to see anything to hope for right now.

Didn’t catch this one but looks like I didn’t miss much. Most are probably going to be joining the tank train. I’m probably a game or two away from joining if things don’t change. Hope we can turn it around and get something positive going! GCG!