The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Every other team are not only in game shape, but are gearing up for the Playoffs. We are still recovering from Covid and are not even in regular season shape. We played a decent game early on then you could see the guys running out of gas as the game went along.

It seems like the usual whiners just waited a few games and continued on like the Covid outbreak never happened. We have 11 games in 18 days. The record won't be pretty but is not indicative of future performance. The blow it up crowd are having a knee jerk reaction.

When we were healthy and rested in the mid season we were very competitive. I see that stretch as a more realistic look at what to expect next season.

It’s just a tough year. Good perspective. Funny  when the team was in Covid protocol a lot of fans were saying they would take things easy on the team as they finished out the year. I’ve seen none of that. Classic lol

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Whatever happens with the coaching I just wanna see a normal year next year. Fans, 82 games, hopefully we can get through this sideshow of year with some positives at the end here and into the off-season.

We need to overhaul the coaching staff

this team needs a fresh voice and it’s painfully obvious 

Right now we just keep finding a deeper bottom 

Green and crew have lost this team 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

We need to overhaul the coaching staff

this team needs a fresh voice and it’s painfully obvious 

Right now we just keep finding a deeper bottom 

Green and crew have lost this team 

We lost this team to covid, depth and the schedule. Maybe a new voice is what’s needed but I ain’t pinning this season on anyone. Maybe JB if I had to pick someone. 
There’s some things I wish Green would have done differently but the seasons been a wash man it really has. Make shift season that’s all it is

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Gauds is bang on

a competent coach build a system and gameplan around player strengths instead of trying to shoehorn players into something they are not 

yup, greens system didnt work for him, and im sure for other players currently on the roster

• Upvote 1

Honestly I have been pretty lukewarm about needing to replace Green but this post game kind of gave me a hard shove into supporting him not being brought back.

He was asked some legit questions. To be dismissive about it and say he doesnt know the answers rubs me the wrong way. He is paid to know what to do to get the team scoring. To be so arrogantly facetious just tells me its time for a new voice.

• Huggy Bear 1

Gaudette is obviously excited but it’s a little early to say anything of significance right now. 
His ice time is still down. Maybe he’ll find his niche there. Wish him the best, don’t care how it looks. Always liked the player 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Gaudette is obviously excited but it’s a little early to say anything of significance right now. 
His ice time is still down. Maybe he’ll find his niche there. Wish him the best, don’t care how it looks. Always liked the player 

aye minus his big acne,  i like him too :P

Edited by x00x
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

We lost this team to covid, depth and the schedule. Maybe a new voice is what’s needed but I ain’t pinning this season on anyone. Maybe JB if I had to pick someone. 
There’s some things I wish Green would have done differently but the seasons been a wash man it really has. Make shift season that’s all it is

Can we stop with the schedule excuse? Every single team is playing an equal amount of games over the season

such fake news 

when covid break occurred we had played a grand total of 3-4 more games than other teams

The stagger was being made up, whats our excuse for not winning then?

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Can we stop with the schedule excuse? Every single team is playing an equal amount of games over the season

such fake news 

when covid break occurred we had played a grand total of 3-4 more games than other teams

I’m not making excuses friend. It is what it is. Cold hard facts. It’s a big mix bag of crap. It’s can go down the covid toilet.

Man I could for a Heavy Metal concert right now. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Honestly I have been pretty lukewarm about needing to replace Green but this post game kind of gave me a hard shove into supporting him not being brought back.

He was asked some legit questions. To be dismissive about it and say he doesnt know the answers rubs me the wrong way. He is paid to know what to do to get the team scoring. To be so arrogantly facetious just tells me its time for a new voice.

Bang on 

for a guy that has won absolutely nothing at pro level coaching and a sub 500 4 year coaching record he is awfully arrogant 

he should be hanging his head in shame but hey its not his fault obviously because he has implemented elite systems and the players must be screwing up

Just now, Devron44 said:

I’m not making excuses friend. It is what it is. Cold hard facts. It’s a big mix bag of crap. It’s can go down the covid toilet.

Man I could for a Heavy Metal concert right now. 

Not a wasted season at all. The talented well coached teams are all doing just fine and meeting expectations 

its only losing teams that make excuses 

losers always rationalize losses 

winners win 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Saw someone post earlier that Pearson scoring was a big f you to those questioning his signing.

That means its fair to say Gaudettes 4 points in 3 games is a giant f you to the Canucks for trading him for a plug.

Listen I am a fan of AG but let's be real here. He was never going to be the 3C here and he's not better than Petey or Horvat. I hope he does well with the Hawks but it doesn't change he wasn't going to be part of the future here. Both players are long shots to stick in the league.

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

such fake news 

You ever notice losers find excuses? Winners just win?

22 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Every other team are not only in game shape, but are gearing up for the Playoffs. We are still recovering from Covid and are not even in regular season shape. We played a decent game early on then you could see the guys running out of gas as the game went along.

It seems like the usual whiners just waited a few games and continued on like the Covid outbreak never happened. We have 11 games in 18 days. The record won't be pretty but is not indicative of future performance. The blow it up crowd are having a knee jerk reaction.

When we were healthy and rested in the mid season we were very competitive. I see that stretch as a more realistic look at what to expect next season.

Newsflash

we were dead in the water prior to the Covid outbreak 

but lets keep finding excuses to help us rationalize losses and pathetic play ….. all season 

sure can’t be on the coaching staff though 

2 hours ago, Pickly said:

This is my biggest concern. Wether or not they are able to win games against tough opponents at tough parts of the schedule. I know they are young, but to date they haven’t been able to adapt their game against stiffer competition and are easily neutralized with good game planning from the opposition. 

You do remember the playoffs last season right?

Putting any stock in this season especially after March is pointless. I'll judge them next year and beyond.

• Haha 1