The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I agree but that doesn’t mean you draft them top 5.

We have much more need for a winger. Miller can always play center.

Petey

Bo

Miller

Beniers may be BPA at 5.  So you take him.  I'm not sold on some of the Dmen in this draft.  None of these guys are Victor Hedman or Drew Doughty.  They all have holes in their game.  Beniers could be a 2C and you play BO as a 3C.  Everyone is complaining that we don't have any secondary scoring.  We need to beef up our 3rd line.  Miller is an option at centre but he is a UFA in 2 years and will be 30 years old so he may not be around when Beniers is in the lineup.

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well he did come out of college as a centre, so I guess that was the position he was given to start his pro career.  Green probably should have played him more in the top 6 as a winger, but Green isn't really the type of coach who likes to experiment.  At the end of the day we need to overhaul our coaching staff.  I didn't see Gaudette as a fit in Vancouver and I also don't see Green as our coach after this year either.  

I dont disagree on most of this.

I think given his strengths and weaknesses though it probably should have been pretty obvious early on his future would be as a winger.

I was lukewarm about Green but since covid he has irritated me a lot in his interviews. He seems lately like a guy who feels he has no accountability for fixing what is wrong and is already thinking about his next coaching gig.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Upvote 2

One of Lind or Gads could be picked by Seattle if they show too well here. They may already have an eye on one of them for the draft.

Canucks could potentially start next year with the top-nine of:

Hoglander-Peterson-Boeser

Gads-Miller-Podkolzin

Pearson-Horvar-Lind

Is it good enough to compete? Do they try and bring in some other top-end talent? I don’t know if there’s enough grit there.... 

And on D? Do you bring Edler and Hamonic back? Because if so, you end up with basically the same group again:

Edler-Schmidt

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

How do you upgrade the team of everyone comes back?

5 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Too quiet of late from top guys

Bo, BB, Miller. 

Demko holding the fort. 

miller horvat  need trading they arent team players soft and  just try stacking stats they domt make people better arpund themlike petey  id trade them for  some young future stars  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

You do remember the playoffs last season right?

Putting any stock in this season especially after March is pointless. I'll judge them next year and beyond.

Doesn’t change the reality of of point. A team sorely reliant on a few players to score goals and strong goaltending. Keep holding onto last season, though. Gives you something to hold onto 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, b3. said:

Who knows if JV even has a contract after the next few days.

i hope that  its not true  but ya his days in van are over even if hes not charged  hes getting traded this summer  if hes guilty his contracts void and we have a extra 2.55 mill in cap    tine will tell i suppose 

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Saw someone post earlier that Pearson scoring was a big f you to those questioning his signing.

That means its fair to say Gaudettes 4 points in 3 games is a giant f you to the Canucks for trading him for a plug.

further proof that the coaches are $&!# at the jobs and systems 

• Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, Canadian said:

One of Lind or Gads could be picked by Seattle if they show too well here. They may already have an eye on one of them for the draft.

Canucks could potentially start next year with the top-nine of:

Hoglander-Peterson-Boeser

Gads-Miller-Podkolzin

Pearson-Horvar-Lind

Is it good enough to compete? Do they try and bring in some other top-end talent? I don’t know if there’s enough grit there.... 

And on D? Do you bring Edler and Hamonic back? Because if so, you end up with basically the same group again:

Edler-Schmidt

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

How do you upgrade the team of everyone comes back?

If Gads and Lind can keep on their developmental trajectory, this should be our top 9 for the next few seasons.  An exciting top 9 as well.  I agree that there is certainly a danger of Seattle taking either Lind or Gadjovich if they are left unprotected, based on their combination of age, potential and low salary.  What it means for the Canucks, I believe, is that they are going to have to leave Motte unprotected in order to protect these two.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Canucks will pick 12th. Mark my words. No real good picks after 10 anyways. 

?? we are tied for 28th and 29th worst teams in league at moment   the tank is on  teams got a bunch of ahlers up 

oilers 5x  jets 2x  flames 4x  flames need  all thoughs wins if they wanna catch habs  we might not get more than 3 wins in next 11   we are picking in  top 5 even if we lose lotto 

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Who do we like? Power? Beniers? Hughes? Clarke?

Thinking we need to go D so Clarke looks the most intriguing.

hughes clarke powers beniers eklund raty edvinsson  is top 7

hughes over clarke because hes almost a yr younger and hes gonna bebest dman at draft in the long term but ya powers or clarkr il take any of these studs

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

i just have a feeling milers getting shipped out 

Who knows. A lot of garbage going around on here these days. Canucks never stood a chance this year but fans still turning on them

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

?? we are tied for 28th and 29th worst teams in league at moment   the tank is on  teams got a bunch of ahlers up 

oilers 5x  jets 2x  flames 4x  flames need  all thoughs wins if they wanna catch habs  we might not get more than 3 wins in next 11   we are picking in  top 5 even if we lose lotto 

Canuck luck my friend.