The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, canuktravella said:

ya we still drafting in top 7 even if all the bad luck happens we get a real good kid in top 7 

Another kid we can throw under the bus too. Go Canucks 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Who knows. A lot of garbage going around on here these days. Canucks never stood a chance this year but fans still turning on them

ya  its brutal hoping for season to be over with.  This yrs a write off 

• Cheers 4

Just now, Devron44 said:

Another kid we can throw under the bus too. Go Canucks 

we throw most of our kids under bus its been like that with sedins they threw jake under bus because he hit a guy got suspended no team back up then edler gets crap kicked no ine steps up for him the coachs gm and a good portion of the players should be dumped as soon as possible fresh start time

8 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

Is Juolevi injured? Why does Travis Green love Chatfield so damn much, the guy is a borderline NHLer at best...

Green hates playing D men on their offside.  Anytime I see someone suggest that he should just put D man X into the lineup to play with D man Y, if they both happen to shoot the same way, I know it's not going to happen.  Schmidt is the only D man that he consistently makes an exception for, I'm sure because he knows he doesn't have any other choice.  You just know that he won't stand for keeping Juolevi in the lineup for long if he's going to have to pair him with another LHD.  But that's why I was hoping for him to at least try Bowey over Chatfield on the 3rd D pairing tonight.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

we throw most of our kids under bus its been like that with sedins they threw jake under bus because he hit a guy got suspended no team back up then edler gets crap kicked no ine steps up for him the coachs gm and a good portion of the players should be dumped as soon as possible fresh start time

I’m taking Quinn Hughes and Pettersson this year. What’s wrong with Petey? Quinn Hughes is horrible? Not a defencemen?

Or what about first year Captian last year hmm shouldn’t it be Miller? Oh wait Miller is this years trash. 

It was Brock Boeser last year too. Trade him he’s done

Cant wait for the disappointment when Podkolzin gets here and he needs a few years to figure out his and the NA game 

It will be the same with your 7th overall pick this year 

No patience with with this fan base. I can understand that but this is the kinda crap that’s really disappointing 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m taking Quinn Hughes and Pettersson this year. What’s wrong with Petey? Quinn Hughes is horrible? Not a defencemen?

Or what about first year Captian last year hmm shouldn’t it be Miller? Oh wait Miller is this years trash. 

It was Brock Boeser last year too. Trade him he’s done

Cant wait for the disappointment when Podkolzin gets here and he needs a few years to figure out his and the NA game 

It will be the same with your 7th overall pick this year 

No patience with with this fan base. I can understand that but this is the kinda crap that’s really disappointing 

ya fanbase is pretty crazy  boeser hogs pod petey juolevi hughes demko is who u build team around and you trade  bunch of vets off team  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya fanbase is pretty crazy  boeser hogs pod petey juolevi hughes demko is who u build team around and you trade  bunch of vets off team  

Just be prepared as much as you may see no use for those vets. You’re going to have to rely more on the mentioned and then have the patience to develop the the bottom six etc.

• Cheers 1

I feel this trade Highmore for gaud is a kick in the butt... more recent.  When we stiff penguins for naslund.... I guess it's time for us to pay back to the hockey gods... Alek Stojanov for naslund... so our coaching sucks. They are trying to change the players way of the game for the worst. Ian Clarke brings out the best in our goalies. And green brings the best of our players to become grinders.... all potatos and no meat... 

"They're allowing me to play me style of game... I feel like a few years ago when I was at Northeastern."

7:45 PM · May 1, 2021·TweetDeck

3 hours ago, kurtis said:

Hopefully no one blames the Canucks. So many games in so few nights and a lot of the players are still having side effects from the pathogen.. 

Are you new to CDC?
They could play the rest of the games with no rest in between, and they would still be crucified.... by part of the fanbase. 
Lot of fans want a high draft pick, but don’t like the way to achieve this... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Then you pump his value and trade him for a 3c, not a 4th line lw

Agree, which makes me think there’s more to the Covid story than meets the eye... don’t know what it is, but the trade came straight out of left wing, and honstly didn’t make sence to me besides that... 

If they needed him to be a 3rd line center and he couldn’t fit that position, play him on the wing, let him get some points, thus increasing his value...

So I think there is more to the Covid story... maybe management or even owners freaked out over his girl friend speaking so lightly about Covid protocol... and made him pay for it, when the whole team went down... Don’t know, just though the timing of the trade was odd...

2 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

If Gads and Lind can keep on their developmental trajectory, this should be our top 9 for the next few seasons.  An exciting top 9 as well.  I agree that there is certainly a danger of Seattle taking either Lind or Gadjovich if they are left unprotected, based on their combination of age, potential and low salary.  What it means for the Canucks, I believe, is that they are going to have to leave Motte unprotected in order to protect these two.

I have long thought that the Canucks will protect Lind. He's looked okay in his first two games especially considering he hadn't played in so long. He obviously skates well enough to play at this level, and once he gets used to the faster pace and compressed decision making time, he'll be good. I don't think Seattle will take Gads, it would be a reach to take an AHLer whose scouting report is that he's a questionable skater. He's playing really well in Utica and I'm hoping for big things for him, but don't forget the AHL is a lot weaker this year because teams are carrying taxi squads with the big clubs. I expect the team will protect Motte, unless his latest concussion changes their mind. Jake's problems could not have come at a worse time, as he and Holtby were Seattle's likely targets, now it's just Holtby.

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Agree, which makes me think there’s more to the Covid story than meets the eye... don’t know what it is, but the trade came straight out of left wing, and honstly didn’t make sence to me besides that... 

If they needed him to be a 3rd line center and he couldn’t fit that position, play him on the wing, let him get some points, thus increasing his value...

So I think there is more to the Covid story... maybe management or even owners freaked out over his girl friend speaking so lightly about Covid protocol... and made him pay for it, when the whole team went down... Don’t know, just though the timing of the trade was odd...

Was it weird? Or does frankie blueberries and his management not care for headaches?

Look how fast they acted on zack kassian when his addiction issues inconvenienced the franchise. They traded him for noted culture carrier brandon prust, and jethro bodine even bled out a pick! :lol:

Edited by JDLax16

12 minutes ago, JDLax16 said:

Was it weird? Or does frankie blueberries and his management not care for headaches?

Look how fast they acted on zack kassian when his addiction issues inconvenienced the franchise. They traded him for noted culture carrier brandon prust, and jethro bodine even bled out a pick! :lol:

Not exactly true as far as remember.... Did they not try to deal with his addiction issues first? Believe they had him in treatment, but he did show the commitment at the time, as thus got traded away from the environment... Another sad story.

7 hours ago, aznmonk said:

LINDEN WANTED A PROPER REBUILD>>>>>. but benning saw how PETTERSON SHINED and assumed we are 3 years ahead... made the rebuild 3 years faster... well where's petterson now on IR>>>>.....there goes 3 years. and we still in the toilet!!!! 

shout out to WD..... he knew petterson was gold. so he made a stealth tank so we landed where we landed to pick PETTERSON! and thats how the canucks repayed him YOUR FIRED!!!!!

Linden wanted a rebuild FOUR YEARS AFTER being hired. Stop with the revisionist history. The four years he was here, he was towing the company line like everyone else.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

There might be more to the covid story.

But here's the thing. Even if Gaudette was the first to get it, the team is likely just trying to scapegoat him to take most of the blame. But there was plenty to go around from my understanding.

Players get tested daily. The team apparently ignored protocols to let Gaudette on the ice while awaiting his test result. This gets sugar coated a lot. The Canucks put their entire team in the position to interact with soneone who had covid. Had they waited for the result the spread likely would have been much more contained. 

The Canucks wont tamp down the "traded him cause of covid" whisperings because it gives them cover for their own organizational &^@# ups.