The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

This is just not true... 

on March 25th after Nucks played their last game before their break they had played 6 games more than Montreal. 
Vancouver 37 games

Montreal  31 games

in a span of 2months and 10 days I’d argue with all the travelling involved, it makes a huge difference...

On top of that coming back after a Covid outbreak, from which none of us knows, how fattigued/ hard hit the players really have been, they now have to catch up anywhere from 5 games v Montreal to 8 games v Ottawa within a month having to play 19 games...

And you honestly still don’t believe it matters? 

Lets say a team plays 30 games in 40 days with travel etc., give them 15 days of, you expect them to be in same position as a team that plays 30 games over a 55 day period with small pockets of breaks in between?

You may not like this management, but stop making up bs just to fit you narrative. 

Wrong, everybody traveled. You dont think Eastern teams travelled west?

you picked only Montreal? One other team?

canucks have used travel and schedule as an excuse for over 50 years

most teams had played 3-4 games less

there is no excuse other than poor play 

8 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

You either have an agenda or comprehension issues or both.

Contributing factors are not excuses. Obvious trolls are the ones who will not take in to account anything but their strawmen factors.. coaching ufas etc.

Loser highlight contributing factors 

winners win 

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There might be more to the covid story.

But here's the thing. Even if Gaudette was the first to get it, the team is likely just trying to scapegoat him to take most of the blame. But there was plenty to go around from my understanding.

Players get tested daily. The team apparently ignored protocols to let Gaudette on the ice while awaiting his test result. This gets sugar coated a lot. The Canucks put their entire team in the position to interact with soneone who had covid. Had they waited for the result the spread likely would have been much more contained. 

The Canucks wont tamp down the "traded him cause of covid" whisperings because it gives them cover for their own organizational &^@# ups.

And how do you know this?   Were you there?  Supposition's just to continue trashing our team.    What we do know it's a variant, and a very contagious one.  I know people who kept their interactions to a complete minimum, and still got it.   Doing a lot less then what these guys have to do to play hockey.   No touching, masks on, virtually isolated and still got sick.    But i suppose from your lens, this is also on JB. 

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There might be more to the covid story.

But here's the thing. Even if Gaudette was the first to get it, the team is likely just trying to scapegoat him to take most of the blame. But there was plenty to go around from my understanding.

Players get tested daily. The team apparently ignored protocols to let Gaudette on the ice while awaiting his test result. This gets sugar coated a lot. The Canucks put their entire team in the position to interact with soneone who had covid. Had they waited for the result the spread likely would have been much more contained. 

The Canucks wont tamp down the "traded him cause of covid" whisperings because it gives them cover for their own organizational &^@# ups.

Maybe... I think its more likely to be the fact the wife openly on social media suggested she’d do as she likes... if they had Covid and folks seemed to follow protocol, it could possibly be swept under the carpet, but by openly stating she do, what she pleases will no doubt have angered the owners. I don’t know, how the tv deal is set up, but wonder if it could cost the club financially, the n wich case owners will not be too impressed. But ofcourse this is just purely speculation. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Wrong, everybody traveled. You dont think Eastern teams travelled west?

you picked only Montreal? One other team?

canucks have used travel and schedule as an excuse for over 50 years

most teams had played 3-4 games less

there is no excuse other than poor play 

I picked Montreal because you stated the team only played 3-4 games more than the other teams. 

at that time Canucks was very much in the hunt for 4th place, even without Pettersson.

The start was brutal for Canucks. 

Had Covid not happened, there is a better than average chance they would have caught Montreal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

So now the Canucks fans need to make excuses 

or do you expect the fans to be losers as well?

Bizarre comment 

How so? You seem to understand a winning culture, so you surely have some achievements and wisdom to share?

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I picked Montreal because you stated the team only played 3-4 games more than the other teams. 

at that time Canucks was very much in the hunt for 4th place, even without Pettersson.

The start was brutal for Canucks. 

Had Covid not happened, there is a better than average chance they would have caught Montreal. 

I do understand your point however we had every opportunity to make up ground after the initial start to the year 

in addition we knew what the schedule was before the season started. Did Green pace the team? Did he use the taxi squad to spell off platers like the taxi squad was implemented for?

its not like 2 days before the season began the nhl issued the schedule 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Winners don’t get Covid and Losers do. Pretty much what I gather from 2288’s comments 

Sounds about right...

2288 is heading into troll territory... Barely a comment if the team wins, but no stop after a loss....

And always the same babbling...

Here's the news... He's allegedly played Jr B hockey v 850 NHL games AND NHL coaching.... Green may not be everyones cup of tea, but I k ow who my money is on...

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, CaptKirk888 said:

How so? You seem to understand a winning culture, so you surely have some achievements and wisdom to share?

In fact is played junior b hockey and football and have been on winning teams since i was 5

experience enough for you? 

i am not on here to brag about myself as you seem to feel people need to do to justify their posts 

again …. Bizarre comment

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

In fact is played junior b hockey and football and have been on winning teams since i was 5

experience enough for you? 

i am not on here to brag about myself as you seem to feel people need to do to justify their posts 

again …. Bizarre comment

Way to go champ. Anything more recent to justify your comments? Not bizarre at all as people typically will want to know the experience of a speaker when evaluating their comments. Have a great day

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I do understand your point however we had every opportunity to make up ground after the initial start to the year 

in addition we knew what the schedule was before the season started. Did Green pace the team? Did he use the taxi squad to spell off platers like the taxi squad was implemented for?

Now this a proper assessment 2288... Green didn't set the schedule, and they could have taken it up with the league.

I actually think this goes far deeper than this... MG, was constant on to the league, complaining just about everything. And rightly or wrongly I think the league have had enough and by their actions shown, they don't care...

I also wonder if Canucks have been on a short leach since the Bertuzzi incident, but not sure... The lack of proper push back is almost legendary now, but that's for another day.

Regarding taxi squad... I don't think we have good enough depth yet to rotate this easily. The younger players need time to mature, and I won't blame anyone for not just throwing youngster into the fire in this crazy season... I'll agree that next season I expect more youth, but it is happening slowly but surely.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Sounds about right...

2288 is heading into troll territory... Barely a comment if the team wins, but no stop after a loss....

And always the same babbling...

Here's the news... He's allegedly played Jr B hockey v 850 NHL games AND NHL coaching.... Green may not be everyones cup of tea, but I k ow who my money is on...

Yeah he’s a funny guy. Tried to actually have a conversation with the guy but it was just responded with about something about Green. 

Green is an average coach. An NHL coach. Pretty respected around the league from what I can tell. He’s also a young coach and should get a better as he continues to gain experience around different situations and different players. 

I’d probably be on board if the Canucks decided to go with new staff next year however. I think it would be alright to keep Green but give him some new assistants. Not sure if he try’s a Brind’Amour though and wants his whole staff signed to stay. We’ll see what happens 

It’s the constant moving of goal posts with this guy. He mentioned “fake news” about the schedule lmao. NHL is not Junior B. These guys have to be running at 100% to have a chance to be successful. The compete is just too high. I’ll keep calling out his “fake news” Its extremely rare he actually talks about hockey. Makes me wonder if he has some sort of unresolved issues with a coach in his youth 

• Cheers 3

42 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

When did "they have every opportunity to make up ground"?

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah he’s a funny guy. Tried to actually have a conversation with the guy but it was just responded with about something about Green. 

Green is an average coach. An NHL coach. Pretty respected around the league from what I can tell. He’s also a young coach and should get a better as he continues to gain experience around different situations and different players. 

I’d probably be on board if the Canucks decided to go with new staff next year however. I think it would be alright to keep Green but give him some new assistants. Not sure if he try’s a Brind’Amour though and wants his whole staff signed to stay. We’ll see what happens 

It’s the constant moving of goal posts with this guy. He mentioned “fake news” about the schedule lmao. NHL is not Junior B. These guys have to be running at 100% to have a chance to be successful. The compete is just too high. I’ll keep calling out his “fake news” Its extremely rare he actually talks about hockey. Makes me wonder if he has some sort of unresolved issues with a coach in his youth 

Yes find this constant hacking on Green odd... almost an obsession. 

We'll see, what the future holds for Green, but he wasn't picked for no reason... To hear him being belittled constant is just tiresome... Of course he has made mistakes, but they all do... Hopefully they learn from them and improve.

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yes find this constant hacking on Green odd... almost an obsession. 

We'll see, what the future holds for Green, but he wasn't picked for no reason... To hear him being belittled constant is just tiresome... Of course he has made mistakes, but they all do... Hopefully they learn from them and improve.

the constant whining is tiresome for sure, it would be one thing if there was an actual good point int there or something to learn from, but its just a firehose of negativity. Other posters have far better insights into whats wrong, or sometimes right, with this coaching staff. 

--

Started looking back on this year already, and its pretty clear no team with the start we had was going to recover, covid or not. We don't have the horses to make up games when things get serious in the last 1/4 of a season. 

Is this years poor start on Green? thats the main question I'd like a thoughtful discussion around, not the vitriolic stuff that gets sprayed around. 

Our biggest issues imo are missing talent in a few key areas in the roster. Its a critical offseason for this team to upgrade 3C, more speed and size in the top 9, and I'd even go as far as one more top 4 d. Jim's got a lot of work ahead of him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1