Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

We most likely have Jake’s contract coming off the books

letting Tram sign in the KHL is so dumb

guess JB wants to get smaller so we can keep getting beaten up 

So you pay him whatever he wants?   They made him an offer...we have important players to sign in the future.  He isn't one of them.

He used his size for in relation to reach more than physicality.  Like Myers.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the constant whining is tiresome for sure, it would be one thing if there was an actual good point int there or something to learn from, but its just a firehose of negativity. Other posters have far better insights into whats wrong, or sometimes right, with this coaching staff. 

--

Started looking back on this year already, and its pretty clear no team with the start we had was going to recover, covid or not. We don't have the horses to make up games when things get serious in the last 1/4 of a season. 

Is this years poor start on Green? thats the main question I'd like a thoughtful discussion around, not the vitriolic stuff that gets sprayed around. 

Our biggest issues imo are missing talent in a few key areas in the roster. Its a critical offseason for this team to upgrade 3C, more speed and size in the top 9, and I'd even go as far as one more top 4 d. Jim's got a lot of work ahead of him. 

Good question, and that's a far more important question. I also wonder, why the team seemed so far off at the start. I don't believe for a second, it was only because of team mates leaving. This happens in every club every year.

And absolutely yes, we don't have good enough depth yet, but it's hopefully coming over the next year or two... I wish we had a few bottom 6 of better quality, but still feel they at least brought some intensity... There is going to be more bottom players coming through, Lockwood is looking good, excited to see Gadj and Lind taking their first strides. Together with our Russian Bulldog, I see far more optimistic on the future than a lot of folks. 

Totally agree though a 3C will be important as will a top 4 D, not named Tryamkin.

• Upvote 1

I’m assuming Tram wanted at least 2m a year and with this teams cap situation you can’t be committing that money to a question mark 

tram a 3rd pair guy in the NHL 

there isn’t a single legitimate top 4 NHL defenseman anywhere else in the world except already in the NHL 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So you pay him whatever he wants?   They made him an offer...we have important players to sign in the future.  He isn't one of them.

Clearly you missed a few games 

the Benn hit for one 

Time to play the prospects.   See what they have at the NHL level.  

Lind looks good so far and hope he has a strong camp next year.  Let's see what Gadj and Rathbone can do.  Maybe bring in Podz (but rather not burn a year of his ELC).

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yep....I'll write a ransom note and if they're dumb enough to sign it I'll go.

That's how I see it.

He wants to call the shots and we don't need that on this team....big man with a big ego.  He isn't OV.  Don't let the door hit ya.....

I’ve been chuckling about people pencilling into there napkin rosters over the last couple years. He was pretty much outta the picture for me when he first left. Bottom six pairing maybe. Why risk it on a multi million dollar deal. If he actually wanted to play in the NHL he would have asked the Canucks to trade his rights and find a team willing to pay

Fans see big man, that’s it. He’d be just another big man to blame when the puck ends up in the net. 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

We most likely have Jake’s contract coming off the books

letting Tram sign in the KHL is so dumb

guess JB wants to get smaller so we can keep getting beaten up 

Firstly JB can't hold a gun to trams head. If he doesn't wanna come, he doesn't wanna come.

Secondly, what kind of deal would you offer Tryamkin... I haven't seen anything suggestion, what he has been offered by the club. 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

JB won’t sign a blank cheque = JB dumb.

JB signs blank cheque = JB dumb.

Real good insight here.

• Cheers 4